• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sca2511

I was gonna grab Kyoko Kirigiri from AmiAmi, but Wonderfest is coming, and I honestly don't know jack fuck about DanganRonpa. I really want to get away from buying figures based on source material I'm unfamiliar with. I really hope GSC shows off a painted Kiss-Shot at Wonfest. I need it.

Oh geez, that figure is beautiful. I know nothing of the series though.

SUPARSTARX

Very close to pulling the trigger on quarter scale Batman from Enterbay and Hot Toys.

Someone stop me...

Also...that quarter scale Robocop from Enterbay...

ordered miyafugi (strike witches) on mandarake. 8.5k with a beat up box. No comment if anything is damaged. I like the original compared to the 1.5 sculpt.

Screw it. Bought Cerberus. Had to pay for her right away, which is ok, since Miku was delayed, and June is likely to be terrible anyway, so might as well get that out of the way. In Max Factory we trust.

I did the same when I saw she popped up on Crunchyroll. Always hard to pay up front for a figure, I feel like I don't have enough time to mentally prepare for the lost monies.

Unique piece and looks great.

Bombless

I did the same when I saw she popped up on Crunchyroll. Always hard to pay up front for a figure, I feel like I don't have enough time to mentally prepare for the lost monies.

Unique piece and looks great.

Tbh I prefer paying upfront. Spending money I have now is better than having an expense that can be delayed. But eh, such is life, risks are involved ;)

I'll grab Phat's Kyouko if she turns out well, the prototype is great. Shame she's listed with "Danganronpa The Animation" as the source. I'd rather forget that rubbish existed and have people play the game instead.

ordered miyafugi (strike witches) on mandarake. 8.5k with a beat up box. No comment if anything is damaged. I like the original compared to the 1.5 sculpt.

Nice, that's a pretty big discount. I will say that I like the concept of a 1.5 release over a re-release, but it's more work for the company and obviously doesn't help people that prefer the old look.

11050 JPY for this derpy face lol. Link is NSFW : http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10259202a4/20/4
That figure looks soooo bad.

She got that Asuna face

bN9hkvd.jpg

Tbh I prefer paying upfront. Spending money I have now is better than having an expense that can be delayed. But eh, such is life, risks are involved ;)

90% of my pre-orders are paid for as well. Feels good.

RMI

Banned
Finally got around to buying Alter's Scanty to complete the set. 4,480 for a preowned A/B .
Nice get. I been keeping an eye out for Panty but it seems like a lot of people have notifications on her. Always gone within a few minutes of the email coming in.

Damn .

i mean ...

DAMN

one of those " i kinda want it but people will ask too many question when they come into my house, so i won't buy it "

Dammit i want it ...

Just buy her, jeez. I ordered one. I don't give a FUCK. She's from Max Factory, AND she's 1/6 scale. You won't regret it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone seen in-hand videos or images of Play Arts Kai Sora or Riku? I'm thinking about adding them last minute to my January order but I'd really like to see something to push me over the edge.

I'd really be thankful!

Found nothing on youtube

Supposedly they released on Jan 10th?

got jubei, and the hair piece is loose in the box. luckily no damage

Buttttttt I fucked up hard on the lantern. Shit is hella tricky to put on and i scratched the back side of the lantern and it is quite noticable. Luckily, its the back end and you can't see it at all due to it being hooked on the back of jubei. Those metal pegssss they did work on the paint =(((((((((((((((((((((((

Yeah, I didn't have time to check last night. Came as a surprise since I've been waiting for this to go up on preorder for a while.

I like her a lot, but I really don't know how my June is going to look, what with delays or WonFest announcements and stuff... So I ordered from HLJ. That way if I can't squeeze her in, I can no-fuss cancel. But I do wanna get her.

gokieks

Any of you guys getting the Alphamax Alisa that comes out in May?

Yes. Never played the game so have no attachment to the source material, but I like the character design and the pose. Actually thought about buying the Plum one when that came out, but didn't quite go for it for a variety of factors. This one looks better at any rate, IMO.

chrono01

Any of you guys getting the Alphamax Alisa that comes out in May?
I was debating between her and Iris Hartley [due out in March].

They were both around the same price, and I loved the sculpt of each [both done by Alphamax]. I ended up going with Iris, since I really don't have anyone like her currently in my collection, so she'll be unique. As well, Skytube/Tony Taka figures tend to rise in worth, and quickly. She's already sold out at several sites, including US-based ones [although I managed to pre-order her at AmiAmi with the exclusive wall scroll]. I know Alisa will be great as well, though.

Also, there's a Hobby Search review of Momo Deviluke out. Max Factory has done it again, she's identical to her prototype!

http://www.1999.co.jp/blog/140122

I was debating between her and Iris Hartley [due out in March].

They were both around the same price, and I loved the sculpt of each [both done by Alphamax]. I ended up going with Iris, since I really don't have anyone like her currently in my collection, so she'll be unique.

Really? I don't understand the appeal. I'm sure it's just a difference of taste, but what do you see in Iris versus Alisa?

Also, there's a Hobby Search review of Momo Deviluke out. Max Factory has done it again, she's identical to her prototype!

oh man, can't wait. I've got Koto's Taiga Aisaka reissue and Hitagi Senjougahara (also from Kotobukiya) tagging along with Momo in this month's shipment.

chrono01

Really? I don't understand the appeal. I'm sure it's just a difference of taste, but what do you see in Iris versus Alisa?

oh man, can't wait. I've got Koto's Taiga Aisaka reissue and Hitagi Senjougahara (also from Kotobukiya) tagging along with Momo in this month's shipment.
For Iris, it's probably the equipment she's wearing. I know it might appear odd to some, but you don't often find figures dessed in scuba-type gear [also, those little rabbit ear things on the top of her head are cute]. I wasn't interested until I saw AmiAmi's review, then I had no chance. ~_~

For Alisa, she looks great, but it's just another "massive sword whilst running forward" pose. It reminds me a lot of a couple Black Rock Shooter figures, namely the Animation Ver./Insane Black Rock Shooter. Again, she'll be amazing regardless, I just don't feel the need/want to have her.

My March is light, though, so I might end up grabbing her still. We'll see. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom