• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taiga's forehead scares me....

She's actually being issued for the third time (so she's the second reissue this figure has gotten). Taiga is great. Not only because she's 1/6 scale, but she's blushing as well. This Taiga in particular is from the last episode of Toradora. Such a great series.

kewlmyc

She's actually being issued for the third time (so she's the second reissue this figure has gotten). Taiga is great. Not only because she's 1/6 scale, but she's blushing as well. This Taiga in particular is from the last episode of Toradora. Such a great series.

Yeah, I've seen Toradora. JCStaff's best Romcom. It's just that her face seems rather small compared to the rest of her head. Her forehead is bigger than her face... Just looks odd to me, that's all. Standard anime proportions I guess...

It's one of my favorite memes of all time. I <3 charmander.

004+Charmander.jpg
Ah Charmander my all time favourite Pokémon evolution line XD

Saw that about Gintoki on Twitter.

Not sure if I really really want it and if the preorders for it doesn't close out in an instant.
Go with Nippon-Yasan or HLJ like me ;P, at least they can be easily cancelled with them.

And apart from Kyubei it seems Gintama figure sell quite well, the better G.E.M ones anyway.

Go with Nippon-Yasan or HLJ like me ;P, at least they can be easily cancelled with them.

And apart from Kyubei it seems Gintama figure sell quite well, the better G.E.M ones anyway.

But I feel like buying figures should be like a commitment...

Well, not really, but I don't mind the make sure I really really want something clause of AmiAmi as it makes me think for sure if I want it

*gasp* Are you leaving AmiAmi behind? I'd be tempted, though I don't know how combining orders works (or not) with N-Y. Is it all done via request by email? Can it be done at all?
Lol I have one last-ish order from AmiAmi which is the Mikasa figma ;P, will pay for it as soon as GBP to JPY rates increase a bit XD

I'm only leaving Amiami behind for now due to customs souring me (that huge ass customs, that I still haven't been replied to... Amiami order XD. I know it's not their fault but *sighs*) from buying them N-Y is great for Europeans as they mark it down. And you'll need to check on the combing order thing, probs can email them on it. But if you or more than 1 figure in a single order they'll only ship when both are ready so they'll combine it then.
But I feel like buying figures should be like a commitment...

Well, not really, but I don't mind the make sure I really really want something clause of AmiAmi as it makes me think for sure if I want it
Lol your choice ;P but if you want a higher quality Gintoki figure than G.E.M's last effort (like me) this seems to be the one XD

Im surprised I havent gotten a payment request or shipping notice from AmiAmi or HLJ. Megahouse hasn't released Kuroko or One Piece figs yet? Oh and Marco foes on preorder next week, brahnis going to bring down the sites....

kewlmyc

Im surprised I havent gotten a payment request or shipping notice from AmiAmi or HLJ. Megahouse hasn't released Kuroko or One Piece figs yet? Oh and Marco foes on preorder next week, brahnis going to bring down the sites....

He was released on the 24th. Not sure about One Piece figures though. Which ones?

Bombless

Cyril has arrived and OMG she is huuuuuge. Couldn't unbox her as I was at mom's (and she had the mental strenght NOT to crack it open and keep her forever) and now I'm at work, so pix tomorrow!

Is there any way to see how much stock is left on a sideshow item?

Thinking of buying Mary Jane if she's still available when I get my tax return and/or bonus from work in about a month.
Sideshow are pretty useless in that regard. With all the cancellations and CC declines they get, they tend to not update their inventory quickly. They only bother updating it when stock gets really low (~100 or below). I wouldn't worry about it selling out within the next month or two. Statues with that many made usually don't sell out that quickly.

johnsmith

remember me
Sideshow are pretty useless in that regard. With all the cancellations and CC declines they get, they tend to not update their inventory quickly. They only bother updating it when stock gets really low (~100 or below). I wouldn't worry about it selling out within the next month or two. Statues with that many made usually don't sell out that quickly.

Cool, thanks. I'm probably gonna break down and order her as a birthday present for myself in a couple of weeks.

You need a "has no patience" tag.
Lol.
I normally do but right now is just a little crazy.
I have 3 shipments of figures out that im waiting on, also there are a few figures that im just getting impatient to see like Figma Marth(actually I just want to know if its
Lucina or not
then I can chill on that).
NY toyfair that i have also been waiting on for American stuff also mid February(I collect some GI Joe lines and such)
And to top it off I have no good games to pass the time at the moment until FFXIV's PS4 beta on the 22nd.

Watch it be a huge disappointment.
Probably.
Though if we just see SHFiguarts Injustice Batman, a near complete Figma Marth and anything Log Horizon,
I will be satisfied.

Brb, sleeping until Wonfest.

Watch it be a huge disappointment.

I would welcome it. If there are three or four figures that I wanna get, cool. GSC Mikasa, Alter Labrys, maybe that awesome God Eater 2 chick from GSC...

More realistically, there're going to be like, eighty figures I want. FML.

Benten is in Amiami's Top 5. I see only raised prices in our collective future :(

Nah, I'm probably going to cancel my Benten order from N-Y, fuck that shit. You know how much cool non-figure stuff you can buy for $200? If the prices for regular figures go up by that much, I'll be cutting down quite a bit.

Bombless

Nah, I'm probably going to cancel my Benten order from N-Y, fuck that shit. You know how much cool non-figure stuff you can buy for $200? If the prices for regular figures go up by that much, I'll be cutting down quite a bit.

You actually preordered? Oo

In other figure related news, I've found Iris on Amazon. Will clarify with HobbySearch what's happening with my January order and probably grab Iris afterwards. I want to charge it to my CC now so I can pay it as the month cycles.

78760.jpg

Until Wonderfes, that is.

When the numerous [amazing] figures are announced [and hopefully, subsequently put up for pre-order], our wallet(s) will never be safe.

To a certain degree, yeah. But it won't keep up forever. I don't want to go through my whole life fretting over how many pre-orders I have each month. XD

I'm going to learn to pick and choose the figures I really need.

chrono01

To a certain degree, yeah. But it won't keep up forever. I don't want to go through my whole life fretting over how many pre-orders I have each month. XD

I'm going to learn to pick and choose the figures I really need.
Yeah, I'm focusing more on exclusives or ones that I feel will be difficult to find later on. Others I'm planning on waiting until release to see if they're worth it, I just don't pre-order anything/everything anymore.

Also, that price on Purple Heart...NO THANKS!

johnsmith

remember me
Once we all have too many figures and need to trim our collections we should have a meetup at an anime con and get a vendor table.

MANNN PURPLE HEARTTTTttt

wtfffff. 10k is kinda ok considering how much shit is going on with the figure. 15k!? wtf. I paid 15k for figures before but those were long sold out aftermarket prices and/or exclusives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom