• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

oh man, this is rad as fuck but super-pricey. Hello new figure-prices.

Bah, remember Raven? She'll probably get delayed even more.

the previous Neptunia figure i got has such a better face. this face looks kinda crappy and the price is beyond ridiculous.

this is the one i have:

FIG-MOE-5069.jpg

gokieks

the previous Neptunia figure i got has such a better face. this face looks kinda crappy and the price is beyond ridiculous.

this is the one i have:

FIG-MOE-5069.jpg

Going to have to disagree with you on that one having a better face.

But the price truly is absurd.

johnsmith

remember me
BOMBA

Yamato Girls Collection - Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Yuria Misaki (Ship Uniform Ver.) 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
81%OFF1,500 JPY

Surprised this didn't sell. Japan loves their underage girls.
FIGURE-000373.jpg

gokieks

I already own or have ordered 3 other Yamato 2199 figures and have a big shipment pending for this month anyway, so at that price, I really can't not buy it...

LiK

BOMBA

Yamato Girls Collection - Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Yuria Misaki (Ship Uniform Ver.) 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
81%OFF1,500 JPY

FIGURE-000373.jpg

it's pretty cute, i am sorta surprised at the discount.

BOMBA

81%OFF1,500 JPY

Eh, honestly, she's not the most exciting figure in the world to look at. At that price though, I totally would except this is exactly the kind of shit I'm trying to stop. So I say unto thee nay!

Besides, Wonfest. We'll all be lamenting our spending forecasts soon enough.

Bombless

Man, those Star Trek Playarts Kai AHAHAHAHAHA.

Edit : Cyril, in all her glory.
I think I prefer her without the glasses.

Bonus : the ecchi version. NSFW obviously. I thought it was cast-off but it's simply a different torso. The tiny skirt slides off the lower section. She's quite..uhh..detailed. I will display her clothed, of course. But I wanted to see what she looked like once.

kewlmyc

BOMBA

81%OFF1,500 JPY

FIGURE-000373.jpg
I hoping the Devil Survivor 2 girls eventually hit this price as well.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You're in luck, looks like its being sold separately.

Mario comes with 1 coin and a few other things for 2,500 JPY
and then there are 2 diorama packs for 2,000 JPY.

Lucky! Shame they have May release. I'll actually be in Japan late March/early April so it would have been nice to pick them up in person. Well I'll just look out for some non figurine based merch while I'm over there.

Also realise this removes any reason to look into an weird looking Luigi Nendo. Still ook forward to seeing the WW Link Nendo though.

RocBase

BOMBA

81%OFF1,500 JPY

FIGURE-000373.jpg
Damnit, I got it for double that thinking the sale would've run out by this point. My intuition sucks.

it's pretty cute, i am sorta surprised at the discount.
Yeah I very rarely like these "young, cutesy" anime girl figures but this for some reason got to me.
Maybe they overproduced? Like with that happened with that big GSC Madoka figure.

You're in luck, looks like its being sold separately.

Mario comes with 1 coin and a few other things for 2,500 JPY
and then there are 2 diorama packs for 2,000 JPY.
Ah, awesome! I'll just wait for a potential Mario nendoroid to add to the set then.

So at the start of the month my Mio Sakamoto figure got delayed indefinitely. To my shock, Amiami sent me an update that it would be ready end of the month. They then sent me a payment request and I gladly gave them my money. Wake up this morning to a refund, the figures still aren't ready, status returned to indefinite.
Stop playing with my heart!

LiK

Hope you guys can update me on when Mario figure is up for preorder. I need that and the dioramas. Gonna have fun with those.

RMI

Banned
That Yamato Girls fig is nice but I don't want to open the floodgates of random cute anime figs in my collection.

Basically no chance that the upcoming figs in the series will do the same, right?

That Yamato Girls fig is nice but I don't want to open the floodgates of random cute anime figs in my collection.

Basically no chance that the upcoming figs in the series will do the same, right?

Doubtful. Melda already sold the fuck out. I think it was just the boring yellow jumpsuit that did in this one.

figs on the bottom shelf of a detolf get no love, being away from eye level. I thought of boosting mine with something but I don't think it's worth the effort.

kewlmyc

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/20116274/[/url]

I assume you lay it on its side. I wonder what's the maximum number of detolfs you can put on it before it breaks.

figs on the bottom shelf of a detolf get no love, being away from eye level. I thought of boosting mine with something but I don't think it's worth the effort.

But if you put on one of these shelves johnsmith posted, the figs on the top shelf get no love. Dilemmas, dilemmas...

gokieks

Mine are currently just on the ground. Eventually they will get EXPEDIT base units, but right now I really don't want to expend the effort to clear them out and figure out how to move it on top (which is probably not a 1-man job).

george_us

I'm just as captivated by her massive feet as I am the rest of that figure.

I watched a couple of episode of High School DxD randomly one day and I never understood why they just didn't make it a full on hentai. It was clear as day that's where they wanted to take the show.

So I got a huge box today, wasn't expecting her to be so big.

Rias Gremory

Out of the box (bad light...)

With the special AmiAmi bonus "swimsuit"

Wow, I've never seen that one before. According to the MFC listing she's over 13" tall? (!!!)

I'm just as captivated by her massive feet as I am the rest of that figure.

You know what they say about women with big feet...

In other news... I like that Yaya figure from Kotobukiya, even though the face is way off. But 8.6k? Fuck that shit. Kotobukiya is suddenly thinking they're MegaHouse, who thinks they're releasing some God-tier shit. Fuck these prices.

And here's something surprising.... Yet another Sansei Muramasa figure... this one from WING.

I don't mean to complain, since I like choices and I won't pay exorbitant prices for the Max Factory version.... but WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY ALL COMING FROM!?

Bombless

God damn...I was going to purchase Iris but decided to sleep on it first...

Found a letter from the federal Tax Department when I woke up...Apparently I forgot to pay my 2011 bill. No more new figures for me for a while :|

I don't know what that character is supposed to look like, but 8,650 doesn't seem that bad. It has a lot going on.

This one looks better, I think.

But I hear it didn't come out as well as the prototype. Because oh yeah Griffon lololol.

God damn...I was going to purchase Iris but decided to sleep on it first...

Found a letter from the federal Tax Department when I woke up...Apparently I forgot to pay my 2011 bill. No more new figures for me for a while :|

That sucks. Where were you going to buy her from?

Bombless

This one looks better, I think.

But I hear it didn't come out as well as the prototype. Because oh yeah Griffon lololol.

That sucks. Where were you going to buy her from?

Amazon. There's a French shop selling her for 129€. Not cheap, but it's already in the EU so no taxes to pay over.

Ryuuroden

Nah, I'm probably going to cancel my Benten order from N-Y, fuck that shit. You know how much cool non-figure stuff you can buy for $200? If the prices for regular figures go up by that much, I'll be cutting down quite a bit.

Yes yes man, join the darkside, become a minion of the LegoForce! you can get awesome expensive LEGO sets for that price :D

Ryuuroden

I don't own a single Griffon figure and doubt I ever will.

I own 1 and it was a mistake, I plan on ebaying it as soon as I finish moving. The other figure I am selling is not griffon but company accidentally sent me the wrong item so I have 2 of them. Its Koto's Vash the Stampede and its never been opened.

kunonabi

decided to email plamoya about my heather figure and they tell me that she won't be in stock until march 26th. so not only did my preorder mean nothing but they charged me for it upfront. I'm never ordering from them again.

LiK

I actually own one Griffon cold cast statue I got a few years ago. Not sure if their quality went down these days but the statue i have actually looks great and looks just like the figure on the box.

johnsmith

remember me
Another Dangan Ronpa figure

8,060 yen for 1/10 and only 150 mm tall? Lol ok good luck with that. These guys did Solange, but that was a masterpiece, this doesn't look anywhere close as good.

Wow, 1/10? Where did that come from? The only 1/10 stuff I'm familiar with are figmas and those Marvel / DC Comics ArtFX+ statues that Koto puts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom