• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Another Cerberus Project GK

Rypz9HE.jpg

Josephl64

Too small, not-so-great sculpts, and questionable QC.

It is! This is actually the exclusive variant. The original has lighter skin, black and white clothing, and brown hair. This is a chocolate cowgirl! She's also cast-off, so you can get to those udders. XD

so does QC= Quality Control?

george_us

Guernsey Hanako. An original character from Tsukasa Bullet. Think of him as you would Tony Taka, Masamune Shirow, Range Murata, etc.
Ahh nice. I just checked out some of his stuff on AmiAmi and I dig his style. Most of the figures are a little too risqué for my tastes though.

But damn Heat Blade looks pretttty fucking awesome...

johnsmith

remember me
Finally caught some of the Earthbound figures I've been wanting for a while.

8K yen, ouch. With my luck I'm going to get an email that it's sold out though, like already happened a few times before.

097.jpg

george_us

Oh my god, did you pay close to $200 for that Heat Blade figure, george? Wow.
Nah came out to a little over $160...which is still a fuck ton. BUT I HAD TO HAVE IT. Like at first I thought, "Hey that figure is pretty neat. Wish she was wearing a bit more but the design is great!" Then it escalated from there.

Fuck with her, Fiona, and Tharja, my figure total this month will be well over $300! Thankfully all of the other figures I want don't come out until June.

It's strange how easy it is to drop so much coin on these things though. I cringe at paying anymore than $60 for a video game and I've never paid anymore than $80 for a LE. Those crazy $199 LEs that some publishers try to peddle always get a hearty laugh from me. But dropping $80+ for a figure? Eh whatever.

My wallet is so fucked for the foreseeable future.

Nah came out to a little over $160...which is still a fuck ton. BUT I HAD TO HAVE IT. Like at first I thought, "Hey that figure is pretty neat. Wish she was wearing a bit more but the design is great!" Then it escalated from there.

XD

And just think... It all started with a bishoujo.

Same shit happened to me.

Josephl64

Fuck with her, Fiona, and Tharja, my figure total this month will be well over $300! Thankfully all of the other figures I want don't come out until June.

It's strange how easy it is to drop so much coin on these things though. I cringe at paying anymore than $60 for a video game and I've never paid anymore than $80 for a LE. Those crazy $199 LEs that some publishers try to peddle always get a hearty laugh from me. But dropping $80+ for a figure? Eh whatever.

My wallet is so fucked for the foreseeable future.

I guess I'm kind of flipped on that, I import JP LEs for $80-$120...but don't do figures too much.

I'm kind of scared of what will happen if I start to really get into figures

george_us

I guess I'm kind of flipped on that, I import JP LEs for $80-$120...but don't do figures too much.

I'm kind of scared of what will happen if I start to really get into figures
If you don't want to get hooked then run, run far and fast from this thread. Bunch of enabling ass enablers in here. I partially blame Freezasaurus for purchasing Heat Blade. He just HAD to show off Hanako. You hear that Freezasaurus? THIS IS YOUUURRRR FAULLLLT!

johnsmith is the worst of them though. Once he gets his hooks in you it's all over.

gokieks

I'm fiscally irresponsible as hell and buy both expensive LEs and expensive figures.

At least I'm more selective than most (it seems) when it comes to figures. At least that's what I tell myself.

Bombless

There's been a whole lot of delaying this December/January and not on cheap pieces either. I hadn't taken the time to catalog all the modifications in my expenses log yet, but my recent trouble with the Federal Taxes finally pushed me into evaluating the damage done to the following months.

As it turns out, it's not really that bad, apart from this month and the next, which saw some big pieces being added.

February 213€ (Snow Miku Nendo and maybe Figma off the GSC shop not included)
March 263€
April 153€
May 158€
June 64€
July 98€

There's nothing at all past July, which leaves quite a bit of room for whatever will come out after WonFes and/or past releases/second hand stuff.

Half of this year's orders so far are figmas and bishoujos, and more of those will most likely join the list (the rest of Girls und Panzer cast, Jubilee/Starfire/Black Canary/Freddy/Jason bishos). In terms of scaled figures, Max Factory's Sorceress is pretty much at the top of my WANTED list for 2014. I'm hoping for the painted reveal at WonFes and a release date of August, to keep with the June/July release of the previous figures.

We'll see what the end of this year will bring, but hopefully without the ridiculous amount of December orders.

I confirmed payment with AmiAmi Very early Thursday morning and I still haven't gotten yhe tracking number email. Should I worry?

mine wound up in my junk mail since I changed from hotmail (don't judge! was still using this since teenage years) to gmail (looks like I'm officially an adult now)

Bombless

Got my Max Factory Megurine Luka in the mail today and also surprise racing miku 2013 figma. Still lost in SAL limbo are Rin, Dizzy and Kongiku.
How much do they charge for shipping?

Uhhh that would drive me crazy.

Which Luka was it? The figma or scaled?

mine wound up in my junk mail since I changed from hotmail (don't judge! was still using this since teenage years) to gmail (looks like I'm officially an adult now)
I just checked and it was under my spam in Gmail. Weird since I got payment confirmation email and previous months shipping. Weird weird.

kewlmyc

I've only ordered stuff from them recently and nothing's been released yet. Like all US distributors be prepare to wait at least a month from the Japanese release before they start shipping.

Hmmm, I'll keep my AmiAmi Elf order, but keep an eye out on their Cruncyroll's Amazon pre-order.

Bombless

Ended up grabbing another nurse figure for mom. Preowned, A/B, for 2k500 JPY. I know I've said I'll cut down but this is a gift, so it doesn't count!

HOB-FIG-5057A.jpg

Plus a nurse in a relatively ok suit + pose, you don't get those often lol.

kewlmyc

Ended up grabbing another nurse figure for mom. Preowned, A/B, for 2k500 JPY. I know I've said I'll cut down but this is a gift, so it doesn't count!

HOB-FIG-5057A.jpg

Plus a nurse in a relatively ok suit + pose, you don't get those often lol.

Looks like the chick from Ikkitousen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom