• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

I confirmed payment with AmiAmi Very early Thursday morning and I still haven't gotten yhe tracking number email. Should I worry?

No. Thursday morning here (US) is Friday afternoon in Japan. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 business days after payment for them to ship.

Edit: Wow, not sure how my thread got so behind. Dumb mobile devices...

Ryuuroden

They're releasing it in March!? How reliable is Crunchyroll for figures?

Good, I've gotten several figures from them. The one time they messed up and sent me vash instead of my ordered wolfwood, I contacted them sent an image of my shipping label with the vash they sent and they sent me wolfwood and told me don't worry bout sending back vash. That is why I have an extra vash to sell.

I unboxed Momo today. She was really impressive. I expect Max Factory to do a good job but yeah, it was about flawless. This has more to do with the sculptor, but the hair stands out to me. It doesn't just give the impression of being layered, it actually is. The end result is more volume and life than you'd usually get from a single molded piece because of the shadows it casts. It's pretty noticeable on the shelf.

I still have Senjougahara and Taiga to unbox, and Dizzy somewhere in the mail system. Things have been slow to leave Japan for me recently, when the export leg of the journey is usually the fastest. Shrugs.

Bombless

I've got the Figma for all my tuna needs :)
That tuna is probably the best figma accessory ever.

FIG-MOE-1973_04.jpg
NZq4C1C.jpg

My shipment finally arrived guys!
Have the same opinion in hand as I did from the first painted pics
Figma Okabe is the single best Figma yet, perfect sculpt and perfect paint.
accessory wise he isn't really missing much besides maybe a Dr Pepper and the Phonewave Microwave(though I already have a suitable one from the special edition of the game)
I was also a little worried Okabe and Kurisu would have scale issues but they look exactly right imo.
That tuna is probably the best figma accessory ever.
Nope,
Haruhi's sleeping bag with an extra head is best accessory.
Was my first figma and that represented my favorite scene from Disappearance, couldn't believe they would include cool stuff like that as if it was nothing.
DSC_0062.JPG

the more i look at this the closer I come to po-ing

I'm buying her, I just haven't decided where from, yet. I have her and Kotobukiya's Shinobu pre-ordered from HLJ, and Mara Jade bishoujo and Armored Wonder Woman from AmiAmi.

My thought was to cancel the Kotobukiya Shinobu since I'm getting the GSC reissue, and just get all three from AmiAmi. The only problem with this is the mere thought of cancelling a SHINOBU :(

Giolon

I don't get it. Why order something from AmiAmi if you think you're going to cancel when you could just as easily order it from HobbySearch for nearly the same price?

I mean I understand sometimes there are emergencies, but why jeopardize your account over a little indecision? I only canceled from AmiAmi one time ever and it was when I accidentally ordered Figuarts Zero twice.

I mean I understand sometimes there are emergencies, but why jeopardize your account over a little indecision? I only canceled from AmiAmi one time ever and it was when I accidentally ordered Figuarts Zero twice.

It's not like anyone does it intentionally. Sometimes pre-orders stack up a little more than intended for a given month. Or delays end up leading to a similar result. At this point, there's really no excuse for customers not to be able to manage their own accounts. It's hard to figure out your budgeting for a month when new shit gets announced daily.

RMI

Banned
Do any of you guys actually know of anyone who's had their account banned from amiami? Like first hand? They seem totally reasonable about cancellations if you ask nicely. I've cancelled a few times without any issue, and honestly the amount of money I'm throwing at them it would be their loss if my account ever got banned. That goes for most people here I'm sure.

A simple email is all thats needed to cancel on N-Y, penalty free?
Yeah it's so simple to cancel with them just put it into your order's comment box and they'll cancel it for you.
Yeah, N-Y is easy. They're not DICKS like some retailers I could name.
Name names XD, these the smaller sites?
Best nendoroid accessory is Innocent Smoothies Big Knit hats amirite

ibk7e57ibfldGc.jpg
Wait innocent smoothies give you knit hats =O!?!?

Also I'm in awe of how fast One Piece figures tend to sell preorder wise XD

That's Shanks figuarts zero preorder sold out quick XD

johnsmith

remember me
amiami let you cancel already ? or have you not ordered yet.

I ordered from crunchyroll. The deal ends in a few hours so I worry about cancelling later.

Woo, ordered another set of Earthbound figures. I'll sell Ness on ebay if I end up with 2, since he goes for $45+ alone on ebay.
865.jpg

Though I still haven't heard about my last order. I have a feeling they're going to email me that its sold out.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Is anybody in this thread living in Japan? I want to purchase this item but I can't understand the website. Also, I have checked every where and this is the only place that sells this particular item. Does anyone have suggestion as to what I can do? If you live in Japan, I can wire you the money for the iteam and shipping and even give you some money for your trouble.

http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/72398

johnsmith

remember me
Is anybody in this thread living in Japan? I want to purchase this item but I can't understand the website. Also, I have checked every where and this is the only place that sells this particular item. Does anyone have suggestion as to what I can do? If you live in Japan, I can wire you the money for the iteam and shipping and even give you some money for your trouble.

http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/72398

Use a proxy service. I've used http://dv8cag.com/ but there's tons of others out there.

They have the plastic ship models up at amiami already. :p

Also, yes. Arpeggio is best.

Would prefer something a little bigger than 1/700 but I will definitely get all of them if thats the only option.

This is another series I think would work well for Figma in addition to nicer figures. would definitely buy Iona, Gunzo, Takao and Kirishama

george_us

Woooo Fiona came today and she looks great! At first I wasn't too crazy about her not being bolted down but being able to turn her at different angles is a god send. Awesome figure.

Dragoshi1

What's the general opinion on Mandarake?

I saw some figures I wanted on there, but for everything I click I see this;
"*shipping overseas might cause damage
order at your own risk "

So I'm a bit uneasy.

What's the general opinion on Mandarake?

I saw some figures I wanted on there, but for everything I click I see this;

So I'm a bit uneasy.

Isn't that pretty much on every Japanese figure site in the fine print somewhere?
I like them but have only ordered Figma from them so I wouldn't know much about damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom