• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's discouraging. What's wrong with them? Bad paint jobs? Bad QC?

I have uhh something of the swamp figure from them. Its just .....QC mainly. Like the cast off clothes are made of weird putty like plastic or something. its just a really meh figure.

Great ambitious company, but doesn't have the skills to compete.

chrono01

heh "available" i cant login or anything

guess I'll try in the morning
Yeh, the site is getting hit pretty hard.

I was just going to place an order for Magical Snow Miku and the Armin figma [I need to complete the Attack on Titan trio], but I can't get anywhere. :/

chrono01

Heh, actually it might be better for me for me to give that Armin figma some more thought.

Would I like to complete the trio? Sure. But really, it's just for completion reasons, and that's not an especially good reason to collect. The difference between all of the Attack on Titan figma's, and items in-general, are so little. I might just focus on collecting the Kill la Kill stuff and pass over all of the Attack on Titan figma's and scaled figures.

I already have Mikasa on her way, but I might try to cancel Eren and Levi. I love the series, but the actual items themselves seem to liken too much with one another. I blame the uniforms. :/

Ohhh Bishoujo Starfire lookin' real good. REALLY hope we see Black Canary though. Been waiting on that one.

They might be saving her for New York Toy Fair next week since they blew their load early on the Tekken announcement.

Also, WORLD CONQUEST - ZVEZDA PLOT figures from Max Factory!!! Yesssss!

198383.jpg

Another Labby. Don't know who this one is from yet.

johnsmith

remember me
I picked the worst fucking night to actually go out and spend a night out on the town like a normal person. Time to catch up on the wonfes action, while drinking tons of water before heading to bed.

Woooow, nice pick-up. How much did it cost you!!!!!

$35 shipped, which is an amazeballs deal when looking at how much she goes for on ebay.

johnsmith

remember me
All right, just looked through the thread real quick. Starfire looks great. Will definitely get her. More Fire Emblem goodness from Max Factory? Fuck yeah. Cordelia will be preordered day 1.

Rocking Jelly Bean Cheerleader looks great. Been waiting to see her painted for a while. She's a bit more lews than I like but damn, if she doesn't look good.

Alter Labrys looks a bit plain, but thats the nature of the character, will still get her.

Megahouse Sorceress looks so good. Completely accurate to the source artwork.

Queen Muse PVC? FUCK YEAH!!!! News of the show for me, I've been waiting for a PVC of this forever.

chrono01

$2k shipping. Man....

holy shit, Zero Suit Samus figma. gonna get that
I know. :/

I'm kind of tempted to order the Armin figma just so the shipping cost doesn't seem so outrageous, but then if I get another Magical Snow Miku, I could qualify for free shipping!

¥11,258 for 1x Magical Snow Miku, 1x Armin figma

or

¥13,887 for 2x Magical Snow Miku, 1x Armin figma

What to do!?

LiK

I know. :/

I'm kind of tempted to order the Armin figma just so the shipping cost doesn't seem so outrageous, but then if I get another Magical Snow Miku, I could qualify for free shipping!

¥11,258 for 1x Magical Snow Miku, 1x Armin figma

or

¥13,887 for 2x Magical Snow Miku, 1x Armin figma

What to do!?

oh, i didn't know there was free shipping after a certain amount. already submitted my order. my first Miku figure ever.

chrono01

oh, i didn't know there was free shipping after a certain amount. already submitted my order. my first Miku figure ever.
There is if you order more than ¥10,000, apparently, although the site doesn't seem to want to offer it. That's why I'm hesitating. :/

Congrats on your first Hatsune Miku, purchase. Your life will never be the same...

Queen Muse PVC? FUCK YEAH!!!! News of the show for me, I've been waiting for a PVC of this forever.

She's not familiar to me, what's the source material?

Also, I think the God Eater 2 figures from Arcadia are noteworthy as well. And for some reason, I'm super-psyched about Himeji Castle from Max Factory.

johnsmith

remember me

Also, I think the God Eater 2 figures from Arcadia are noteworthy as well. And for some reason, I'm super-psyched about Himeji Castle from Max Factory.

Grand Knights Historia. A PSP Vanillaware game that was announced for localization by Xseed and then cancelled. Fucking cruel.

Giolon

Vanillaware's Japan Only Grand Knights History that we were going get but then didn't b/c they didn't have any resources to work on anything but Dragon's Crown (and Muramasa Rebirth apparently)

Grand Knights Historia. A PSP Vanillaware game that was announced for localization by Xseed and then cancelled. Fucking cruel.

Vanillaware's Japan Only Grand Knights History that we were going get but then didn't b/c they didn't have any resources to work on anything but Dragon's Crown (and Muramasa Rebirth apparently)

Okay then. Vanillaware = Bought.

I'll post a proper list tomorrow with all the stuff I like. Too tired now.

I'm not familiar with the source [Yosuga no Sora], but this looks amazing. I love the detail on her hair, as well as the dress. As you might expect, this is an ALTER production.

I saw that. She's nice, but there's too much other stuff I want. I'm not buying everything that caught my eye, but I've got a good handfull of figures I need to own.

Himeji Castle is my belle of the ball right now. I don't know how you can anthropomorphize a building, but in Max Factory we trust. As long as she's 15k or less.

Bombless

Shall I make a WonFest list? Let's do it!

Getting 150% (in no particular order)

Starfire - Why? She's utterly gorgeous, that's why. Also happy they kept the rock, I was sad when the new WW lost her invisijet. Bishous should have an elaborate base more often!

Takao - Arpeggio was one of my last year's anime surprises and I'm super happy the best girl gets a nice figure, with a classy pose/base to boot!

Phat's Kiryuuin Satsuki - Because Satsuki-sama is the best and because I have Phat's Ryuuko preordered already. Those two will make for a glorious display.

Figma Motoko Kusanagi - A poseable Motoko? Fuck yes! Hopefully there will be plenty of accessories. I'd KILL for a Tachicoma but maybe I'm a bit too greedy here.

Figma Bike Miku - For the bike. Also I suspect the helmet is a useable head.

Figma Saori Takebi - Because PANZER VOOOOOR!

Figma Chariot - The BRS series was utter shite, but the figmas I've seen so far are great. I'm looking forward to completing the collection.

Figma Akagi - Because carriers need love too, especially cute ones like Akagi. I see no point in scaled figures for the Kancolle girls, the slew of accessories and poseability make this collection to me.

Figma Zero Suit Samus - Already have the scaled version but come on, pass on a Armour/Zero suit Samus duo? No freaking way.

Queen Muse - Because fucking Vanillaware.

Megahouse's Sorceress - Yes, the Orchid Seed ver. is fantastic, but 1. I will complete the set, making sure the trio is at the same scale, 2. This is Orchid Seed. Their Sorceress won't come out before the next year at the least. By the time it's out I'll have ordered it as well and 3. this figure is also extremely accurate to the art it is from.

Juri - badass pose and besides, in Shunya I trust.

Space Battleship Yamato's Niimi - This is not up for debate. Also kind of requires acquiring the previous Yamato waifus, which I am perfectly OK with.

That's it for the OMGZ gimme now figures. I may have forgotten one or the other, but it's late.

Maybe / Need to see more of

Kotobukiya's Lum - For nostalgia's sake.

Gift's Jeanne d'Arc - I need to see her painted, but the dynamic of this figure really moves me.

Racing Miku 2014 - I have way too many Mikus already, but you never know. The art is great, let's see how it translates into plastic.

Figma Avengers - On one hand Iron Man looks terrific, on the other Thor's face looks terrible (need more shots of him) BUT his cape seems to be cloth! Captain America looks ass though, and I already own Nendo Iron Man + Iron Patriot soon. I think I'll stick to the Nendo line for these (I dream of a Nendoroid HULK).

Orchid Seed Sorceress - It's like she popped out of the art, litteraly. Being Orchid though, she'll come out just in time for my 50th birthday or something stupid like that.

Vertex's new Selvaria - Will watch, it'd be cheaper to get this one than trying for the older versions. Boobs may be an issue however.

Himeji Castle - Because I'm a sucker for beautiful architecture. Need to see painted/more angles of.

Figma ZA FUURU - Let's face it, Nobunaga The Fool isn't groundbreaking anime. However, the setting and characters have the potential to turn into something amazing. Plus Jeanne d'Boobs is in there! Not sure if a figma mech would fit, but let's see the pictures first.

Dissapointments

No Girls und Panzer figma sized Panzer IV. My heart is broken.

Vertex's Tiki the fairy - How the hell do you go from this to this abomination of a face? She looks like a wide eyed/bug eyed alien/grey mimicing a fairy. Hopefully it's just the paint/lighting that causes this illusion. Maybe better pics will change my opinion, but the eyes being too far apart and less round can't be changed like that :(

Arcadia trolling with another shit version of the Elin berserker. Seriously, thanks guys. You had a fantastic model with terrific armour and you go and mess it up AND THEN rub it in with a recolour of that mess you made?

Edit : GSC WonFest order placed. Since the release date is July and might even slip further I went with 2 nendos and the figma. If I decide not to keep my nendo in the end I'll just sell her.

chrono01

You're very welcome!

I just placed a pre-order for her myself. I added that figma of Armin to it, as well, since that "despair" faceplate was too amazing to pass up. I'll likely skip the scaled figures of Attack on Titan, though. I'll have to wait and see how their prices are...

I was going to order two Magical Snow Miku Nendoroid's, but when I gave it some serious thought, I really couldn't see a reason to. She looks amazing, but one is enough.

Bombless

You're very welcome!

I just placed a pre-order for her myself. I added that figma of Armin to it, as well, since that "despair" faceplate was too amazing to pass up. I'll likely skip the scaled figures of Attack on Titan, though. I'll have to wait and see how their prices are...

I was going to order two Magical Snow Miku Nendoroid's, but when I gave it some serious thought, I really couldn't see a reason to. She looks amazing, but one is enough.

The way I see it, they all look the same. Having them in scaled figures is...extremely boring. With figmas you can arrange your display as you wish, with crazy/dynamic posing, different faces, hell, you could go crazy with wires and make an amazing diorama, which I'm sure we'll see TONS of once the entire line is out.

The Armin figma is already selling for 8,000 yen on Mandarake. o_O

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1550058.html

Edit - Sorry for the double-post. ~_~

Wait, what? Was it sold at WonFest?

chrono01

The way I see it, they all look the same. Having them in scaled figures is...extremely boring. With figmas you can arrange your display as you wish, with crazy/dynamic posing, different faces, hell, you could go crazy with wires and make an amazing diorama, which I'm sure we'll see TONS of once the entire line is out.

Wait, what? Was it sold at WonFest?
That's a great reasoning, actually.

A lot of my enjoyment from Attack on Titan, at least for me, are the high-speed aerial dynamics/action. While the scaled figures, at least for GSC's Mikasa, look nice, if I were to collect anything [which I am] from AoT, the figma's make more sense [for the reason you said].

I won't go outside the main three [Eren, Mikasa, Armin] and Levi, though. As much as I enjoy the secondary characters, I need to draw a line somewhere [since they're numerous].

As for the Mandarake sale, apparently limited numbers of Armin [and Snow Miku] figma's were sold at Wonderfes. I assume the same goes for all of the exclusives. It's still surprising to see him sell for so much, especially this early on when he's still available from the GSC online shop. I guess someone really wanted to add him to their collection as quickly as possible.

Bombless

That's a great reasoning, actually.

A lot of my enjoyment from Attack on Titan, at least for me, are the high-speed aerial dynamics/action. While the scaled figures, at least for GSC's Mikasa, look nice, if I were to collect anything [which I am] from AoT, the figma's make more sense [for the reason you said].

I won't go outside the main three [Eren, Mikasa, Armin] and Levi, though. As much as I enjoy the secondary characters, I need to draw a line somewhere [since they're numerous].

I don't see Sacha in that bolded line. Correct this mistake immediately.

LiK

Shall I make a WonFest list? Let's do it!

Getting 150% (in no particular order)

Starfire - Why? She's utterly gorgeous, that's why. Also happy they kept the rock, I was sad when the new WW lost her invisijet. Bishous should have an elaborate base more often!

Takao - Arpeggio was one of my last year's anime surprises and I'm super happy the best girl gets a nice figure, with a classy pose/base to boot!

Phat's Kiryuuin Satsuki - Because Satsuki-sama is the best and because I have Phat's Ryuuko preordered already. Those two will make for a glorious display.

Figma Motoko Kusanagi - A poseable Motoko? Fuck yes! Hopefully there will be plenty of accessories. I'd KILL for a Tachicoma but maybe I'm a bit too greedy here.

Figma Bike Miku - For the bike. Also I suspect the helmet is a useable head.

Figma Saori Takebi - Because PANZER VOOOOOR!

Figma Chariot - The BRS series was utter shite, but the figmas I've seen so far are great. I'm looking forward to completing the collection.

Figma Akagi - Because carriers need love too, especially cute ones like Akagi. I see no point in scaled figures for the Kancolle girls, the slew of accessories and poseability make this collection to me.

Figma Zero Suit Samus - Already have the scaled version but come on, pass on a Armour/Zero suit Samus duo? No freaking way.

Queen Muse - Because fucking Vanillaware.

Megahouse's Sorceress - Yes, the Orchid Seed ver. is fantastic, but 1. I will complete the set, making sure the trio is at the same scale, 2. This is Orchid Seed. Their Sorceress won't come out before the next year at the least. By the time it's out I'll have ordered it as well and 3. this figure is also extremely accurate to the art it is from.

Juri - badass pose and besides, in Shunya I trust.

Space Battleship Yamato's Niimi - This is not up for debate. Also kind of requires acquiring the previous Yamato waifus, which I am perfectly OK with.

That's it for the OMGZ gimme now figures. I may have forgotten one or the other, but it's late.

Maybe / Need to see more of

Kotobukiya's Lum - For nostalgia's sake.

Gift's Jeanne d'Arc - I need to see her painted, but the dynamic of this figure really moves me.

Racing Miku 2014 - I have way too many Mikus already, but you never know. The art is great, let's see how it translates into plastic.

Figma Avengers - On one hand Iron Man looks terrific, on the other Thor's face looks terrible (need more shots of him) BUT his cape seems to be cloth! Captain America looks ass though, and I already own Nendo Iron Man + Iron Patriot soon. I think I'll stick to the Nendo line for these (I dream of a Nendoroid HULK).

Orchid Seed Sorceress - It's like she popped out of the art, litteraly. Being Orchid though, she'll come out just in time for my 50th birthday or something stupid like that.

Vertex's new Selvaria - Will watch, it'd be cheaper to get this one than trying for the older versions. Boobs may be an issue however.

Himeji Castle - Because I'm a sucker for beautiful architecture. Need to see painted/more angles of.

Figma ZA FUURU - Let's face it, Nobunaga The Fool isn't groundbreaking anime. However, the setting and characters have the potential to turn into something amazing. Plus Jeanne d'Boobs is in there! Not sure if a figma mech would fit, but let's see the pictures first.

Dissapointments

No Girls und Panzer figma sized Panzer IV. My heart is broken.

Vertex's Tiki the fairy - How the hell do you go from this to this abomination of a face? She looks like a wide eyed/bug eyed alien/grey mimicing a fairy. Hopefully it's just the paint/lighting that causes this illusion. Maybe better pics will change my opinion, but the eyes being too far apart and less round can't be changed like that :(

Arcadia trolling with another shit version of the Elin berserker. Seriously, thanks guys. You had a fantastic model with terrific armour and you go and mess it up AND THEN rub it in with a recolour of that mess you made?

Edit : GSC WonFest order placed. Since the release date is July and might even slip further I went with 2 nendos and the figma. If I decide not to keep my nendo in the end I'll just sell her.

where the heck are you gonna display all those? lol

Shengar

Forget about that, how is he going to PAY for them all. He only has two kidneys! XD

Makes me feel a lot better about my comparatively tiny list, which I'll post later today.

Money shouldn't be in the way of your hobby, let alone space.
I heard liver can regenerate, so maybe that's that

Did preorder armin figma from gsc.

From wonfest itself only thing for me at 100% must buy that was newly revealed was the kurobas Kise and Akashi (2015!) :( and nendo Armin. Eva 3.0 kaworu x shinji figure too ifs not over 100$...

The potential Syo (utapri) on the card is nice so im definitely getting. As well as Free! Updated figures.

The updated Natsume is nice but Ill pass, same for Noragami Yato. After GEM Naruto, I just expect every GEM to be as packed and good looking as him.

The eren proto shown has a weird face, Natsu head is too small, Grays face is off as well :(

LiK

is Armin a GSC exclusive? dunno if i really want him anyway. ah fuck it, might as well grab him. i can always sell him if i don't want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom