• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

btw, when you guys bought more than one figure from GSC shop, was the shipping the same price? I ordered Snow Miku and Armin separately so now I have 2k shipping for each. sucks.

i'm gonna email them to combine shipping if i can.

10 Figma alone from just Wonderfest I will be buying,
4 or 5 statues,
and at least 3 or 4 Nendo type figures

Edit: actually 11 Wonderfest confirmed my purchase of Lucina.

LiK

For some reason, I can't see it. Damned, I curious for Freddy and Jason genderswap.

BgBnqpxCEAAPDZT.jpg

^ Ewwww. Who asked Koto for those?!

WonFes made my wishlist a fair amount smaller actually, thanks to a few disappointments. That Ciel though. One of the best sculpts I've ever seen I think. I might make a list later.

StayDead

Nope, you're charged at time of shipping, even if you choose PayPal.

Are you sure? It takes you to the paypal page and I seem to remember paying for my support miku up front.

I'm hoping it's pay at shipping since I don't have the money at the minute haha

RMI

Banned
Will definitely be buying the Motoko Kusanagi figma and I'm really excited to see the scaled Cordelia eventually. Other than that I think my wallet is pretty relieved so far. Ryuko Matoi figma may be in my future as well.

That Vertex Tiki is an abomination. God damn it. Was looking forward to seeing a good Tiki.

StayDead

Are you sure? It takes you to the paypal page and I seem to remember paying for my support miku up front.

I'm hoping it's pay at shipping since I don't have the money at the minute haha

Yup, they've changed it. It's cool guys, you definately don't need to play now!

So I believe that all the figs have been shown at Wonfes here's my wishlist -

Arcadia Bayonetta
Vertex Tiki
Orchid Seed Sorceress
Megahouse Sorceress
Nendo Link
Nendo Mako Makanshoko
Nendo Ryuko
Nendo Satsuki
Nendo Snake
Figma ALBW Link
Figma Zero Suit Samus
Kotobukiya Nina Williams
Kotobukiya Juri
Max Factory Tiamo
Phat Satsuki
RAH Ryuko
Alter Asuka

RocBase

Sol Badguy looks pretty cool but I don't see myself getting it.
Would like to see the prototype of Selvaria though.
Lots of nice gaming related figma reveals which I'll loosely follow up on, but here too I'll likely end up passing on most of them.

Overall even though I just got one thing from my pre-WonFes wishlist, I'm quite happy with the amount of surprises and reveals that appealed to me. Here's my breakdown so far:

// Sure 100% Buy
Aoba nendo
Link nendo
Devil's Cheerleader (Wing)
Bayonetta (Arcadia)
Kawo/Shin (Vertex)

// Interested, keeping tabs on
Everything MGS
Eren (Koto + GSC)
Kise (Mega)
Nina (Koto)
Juri (Koto)
Selvaria (Vertex)

// Undecided or mixed feelings
Starfire (Koto)
CCS nendo
Sol Badguy
SH Figmas
Nintendo figmas
Sailor Mercury (pre-painted, Bandai)
Sailor Venus (pre-painted, Bandai)

^ Ewwww. Who asked Koto for those?!
Seriously...of all the things they could've chosen...

javac

Too much going on in this thread for me to digest lol. But I do like the idea of more Nintendo Figmas so that's something I'm interested in.

Also opened up my Nono figure and took some pics but the thread seems to not be suitable for pics at the moment since its all about that convention and new figs so I'll leave that for later.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Friend of mine told me about the Kill Me Baby figurine, but now I see a Link Between Worlds figma, the final WW Nendo (I knew this was coming) KLK nendos and Snake. I daren't look to see if there are anymore.

I thought I escaped...

Arveene

Neo Member
I'm not familiar with the source [Yosuga no Sora], but this looks amazing. I love the detail on her hair, as well as the dress. As you might expect, this is an ALTER production.

I love Sora, so this is an instant pre-order. Another one to add to my shelf of Sora.

Friend of mine told me about the Kill Me Baby figurine, but now I see a Link Between Worlds figma, the final WW Nendo (I knew this was coming) KLK nendos and Snake. I daren't look to see if there are anymore.

I thought I escaped...

Our GSC overlords found your niche :p

Is there any new pics of the scaled mikasa that are clearer than the ones plastikitty had up yesterday.

kunonabi

my wishlist now looks like:

Figma
Zero Suit Samus
ALBW Link
Kiryuuin Satsuki
Matoi Ryuuko
SH2 Nurse
SH2 Pyramid Head
Flyboy

neandoroid

Kuroki Tomoko
Mako Makanshoko
Matoi Ryuuko
Kiryuuin Satsuki
Ozawa Rina

Kotobukiya
Freddy
Jason
Lum
Spider-Woman
Cammy

Arcadia Bayonetta
Phat Kiryuuin Satsuki
Alter Asuka

Won't be getting all of them but they have my attention.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is that Link Between Worlds Link a figma or a nendo?

Really pleased with neno link! I have nendo Luigi on order (and Bandai Mario), my Nintendo collection is getting sizeable.

Did they show any Hunter x Hunter or Magi figures? Sad to see two of my favorite anime/manga get so little merch attention in this area. I did like the figma Gon/Killua/Kurapika, was hoping they'd do more.

I want figma Aladdin to go with my Pit/Dark Pit!

Those look great. I was still holding out hope for Fujitora and Jesus Burgess. Guess those will come jn ghe waveof the man disguised as Lucy.

So glad Gray and Natsu are geeting Fairy Tail figs. Dont stop there.

RocBase

What! I need this :0

I still can't believe this is a thing...

I just noticed the Free! sculpt update, and they look so much better with the new addons and details! Haru does anyway, the definition on Makoto's abs seem a tad bit exaggerated that they look sorta weird from certain pictures. But overall I'm really happy with them still, really looking forward to seeing them painted.

meijiko

I feel like I got out pretty well this WonFes. I only added maybe two or three unexpected figures to my wishlist, and the rest were just updates to announced figures I already knew I was getting.

Here's my shopping list for this WonFes

New figures I'm almost definitely getting:
Max Factory Miku (Project Diva 2nd was my first big exposure to Miku, so I'm excited for this)
Bandai Sailor Venus
Figuarts Sailor Saturn (this pretty much confirms that we're getting all of them)
ALBW Link Figma

Updated Figures I'm definitely getting:
CCS Nendoroid
Link Nendoroid
Free! Alter figures
Senbonzakura Len and Rin

Interested in but likely won't get:
Phat Dangan Ronpa Monomi - Love the theme here, and the sculpt, but I'm not sure I want to pay the undoubtedly high price for a figure from a series I know nothing about
Orchid Seed Sorceress - I love my Sorceress, and I love Dragon's Crown, and I love witches in general, but I pretty much have to pass. Husband doesn't like it.
Wing Grand Knights History Queen Muse - See: Sorceress.
Max Factory FE Cordelia - I skipped on Tharja because the husband didn't like it, and he's the real Fire Emblem fan in the house. I guess it will depend on the pose.
Max Factory Zero Suit Samus figma - Already have the static version, and neither I nor my husband like her enough to buy a poseable version. Might change our minds later.
Alter Magical Emi - Love the unusual sculpt, but I'm not sure I can dedicate the shelf space when I'm not entirely in love with her.
Vertex Shinji and Kaworu - I'm absolutely thrilled they're making this, but I don't think I can buy it.

Oh, and can anyone tell me what this is? I want it.
UrNO1rQ.jpg

Here we are, and here are my thoughts about what we've seen so far:

-Freezasaurus' Winter WonderFest List of Best-ness-

HHHNNNNGGGG Tier - Will Buy

Himeji Castle 1/300 scale by Max Factory - This one was a surprise because I knew nothing about the character (or even that she existed) before seeing this sculpt, but she's beautiful! I want to live in her!
Psychic by Max Factory - She's a bit scantily-clad for my usual tastes, but she's Dragon2020 and she's by Max Factory. This series has instant-buy status with me.
Labrys by Alter - Many of us have been waiting on this one for a while. The face seems a smidge off, but she's still gorgeous. Plus she's the better, cheaper alternative to whatever it was that MegaHouse was trying to sell for 15k.
Starfire bishoujo by Kotobukiya - Sooooo prettttyyyyyy. I was excited for this one when they posted the artwork, and the final prototype does not disappoint. I don't think the face looks odd as a few people indicated. This will be a day one pre-order. I cannot even wait for her to hit stateside.
Cordelia by Max Factory - Tharja needs company. Fire Emblem + Max Factory = Instant Pre-order. Not much else to say. We all know this will be pure quality.
Satsuki Kiryuin by Phat Company - The complementary figure to Phat's Ryuuko (which I'm already getting), gotta have best girl as well. Kiryuin be praised!

Unf Unf Unf Tier - Probably Buy

Takao by Phat Company - Excellent. First girl is best girl. Loved the series, which came as a big surprise last anime season. I never expected it to be so enjoyable. Although I've no experience with KanColle in any way, I just know that Arpeggio of Blue Steel is superior in every way.
Bayonetta by Arcadia I'm glad that I passed on Phat's Bayonetta. I wasn't crazy about the pose, and I didn't want to spend $100+ at the time. This gal is HUGE, so I expect the price to be as well. I'll be cutting organs out of homeless people for a week to save up for this one. I do like the pose here more than the Phat version.
Lum by Kotobukiya - Though I'm not really familiar with the source material (other than that I've heard of it), I love this figure. Max Factory, Alter, and GSC may be tops in the figure world, but Kotobukiya easily puts out the most charming pieces. And that counts for a lot.
Asuka by Alter - She looks fantastic. I love the pose and the outfit. The only reason I'm unsure about this one is because I already have Koto's recent 1/6 Asuka. But dat ass...

God Tier - Might buy

Sorceress by Orchid Seed - This is going to come down to her time of release, and if I don't cave on the MegaHouse version first. I love how the skeleton is trying to get all up in her bitties. XD
God Eater 2 Alisa by PLUM - I was going to get the Alphamax version of Alisa, but considering this is an updated look, this will be the definitive version of the character. The only thing to decide is if I want to add God Eater to another yet series of figures I collect. XD
God Eater 2 Nana Kazuki by PLUM - Mostly the same as above, just with a huge hammer.
God Eater 2 Ciel by GSC - the sculpt here is amazing. Even a nice little panty-shot. My only complaint stems from the weapon itself. While it's cool-looking, it also just looks like a blob of plastic. Even if it is supposed to be something manifesting from her weapon.
Mikasa Ackerman by GSC - I was looking forward to seeing this one painted, but she still looks bland to me. I blame the costumes in the series. I'm also not a huge fan of the support system. She looks like she might be prone to leaning, depending on how far that metal rod goes inter her leg. Don't know if I want to enter an F5 battle-royale for this one. She'll probably end up getting a reissue before release just like Madoka. Overall, I'm not sure if I'm going to collect the AoT figures outside of the Titans themselves. I'd probably be down for an Annie figure, though.
Aliasse by Alter - I'm not sure about this one. She has a cool, complicated sculpt. But she's sure to be expensive, and I wasn't all that thrilled with the Selvaria figure from Alter.

Not In Attendance - Interested, but need to see sculpts

Plamya-Sama by Max Factory - YES! World Conquest: Zvezda Plot figures! And from Max Factory! Yessssssssss!
Venera-Sama by Max Factory - See above.
Rikka Takanashi by Kotobukiya - I just got into this show recently, so I missed the previous one made by whoever-it-was. I know Koto will do a bang-up job. So I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for everyone's favorite Wicked Lord Shingan.
Juri bishoujo by Kotobukiya - I like the artwork, but I really need to see a sculpt. I had issues with both of the previous Street Fighter bishoujos, and this may be the same case. I'll be disappointed if so.

UUUGGGGHHHHHH - Biggest Disappointments

Sansei Muramasa by Wing - Dat face.... WHAT HAPPENED!? Did they sculpt it then leave her sitting in the sun? At least we have other Sansei figures coming out. At least one other is by Wing as well.
Still No Black Canary bishoujo - What gives, Koto? This one was announced, way before Starfire, and the sculpt was shown at the same time as Starfire. If Black Canary isn't at NYTF next week, I'll be suspicious.

gokieks

Dammit, still no painted Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade.

Only thing shown that I'm buying for sure as of right now is Wind Waker Link Nendoroid which is adorable beyond words. I'm sure I'll buy a lot of other stuff, but will need to see production/painted pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom