• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Amazon and Elf look okay. Steal weak babies compared to the WF Amazon ( ≖‿≖)

ipXpPXE.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ok after finishing FFXIII and starting XIII-2 I need a Play Arts Lightning
and not just for collection sake now.

I've started replaying FFVII, and now I want another Tifa figure. Maybe a Cloud figure. I think the only one that's really openly available anymore is the PlayArts, unfortunately.

Someone tell me I'm wrong!

I've started replaying FFVII, and now I want another Tifa figure. Maybe a Cloud figure. I think the only one that's really openly available anymore is the PlayArts, unfortunately.

Someone tell me I'm wrong!
they have the trading arts figures, no articulation though.

I wouldn't really worry about the Play Arts, of all the licences they put the most effort into the Final Fantasy ones.
only ever had 2 problems with the Final Fantasy Play Arts.
1.Scale, the original and now Kai are all over the place.
2. Rinoa not including a single weapon(at the price of these that was a little ridiculous).

I have the Advent Children version, isn't too bad.
thinking of getting a Yuffie.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
they have the trading arts figures, no articulation though.

I wouldn't really worry about the Play Arts, of all the licences they put the most effort into the Final Fantasy ones.
only ever had 2 problems with the Final Fantasy Play Arts.
1.Scale, the original and now Kai are all over the place.

2. Rinoa not including a single weapon(at the price of these that was a little ridiculous).

I have the Advent Children version, isn't too bad.
thinking of getting a Yuffie.

Trade Arts are the chibis, aren't they?

I just don't dig the general stony texture Play Arts tend to have.

I didn't even know what the difference was between Play Arts and Kai. I imagine Tifa won't come with any accessories either.

Trade Arts are the chibis, aren't they?

I just don't dig the general stony texture Play Arts tend to have.

I didn't even know what the difference was between Play Arts and Kai. I imagine Tifa won't come with any accessories either.
Some have chibi, some have regular

In my experience Final Fantasy Playarts don't have that texture, all of mine are smooth besides Rinoa's coat which has the most texture of anything.
especially with the non kai playarts, they didn't try to over do it with texture and weird articulation back then.
God the RE5 figures had some horrible texture though.

Tifa comes with extra hands is about it.(besides buying the weapons pack that has the claw things)

Doesn't appear to have the same muscle mass or tone and the breasts look larger, but it might look good with a paint job. I have too much shame to buy one either way.

Elf is cool, though...

I know it's the art style, but I think Amazon's dimensions are a bit too ridiculous to work well in three dimensions, which is why I like the Megahouse version. But Elf..... Elf is amazing. Sit her toward the back of the shelf on a riser, and she'll look great.

chrono01

The Elf/Amazon Megahouse sculpts definitely look good! I'm a bit worried as to their scales, though. With so many different manufacturers handling Dragon's Crown, if I want to collect a whole set of them I'd prefer to have them roughly the same size/scale just so they don't look odd when displayed together. That's the only issue with spreading characters across a number of manufacturers [well that and the difference in quality]. It seems Alpha Max's Sorceress is 1/8 and Elf/Amazon is 1/7.

So we have Sorceress from Alpha Max and Orchid Seed, Elf and Amazon from Megahouse, and Tiki from Vertex. That's quite the range! Sorceress is a definite, I love Alpha Max's sculpt [I loved HIRO's Mai Shiranui] but I'll have to wait to see how Orchid Seed's turns out. I'd prefer to see Elf and Amazon handled by a different manufacturer as Megahouse has been "random" in the past. As I mentioned earlier, their One Piece figures are generally great, so let's hope they show Dragon's Crown that same level of determination.

Wonderfes is going to kill my wallet, but thankfully, that will likely be for 2014.

So we have Sorceress from Alpha Max and Orchid Seed, Elf and Amazon from Megahouse, and Tiki from Vertex. That's quite the range! Sorceress is a definite, I love Alpha Max's sculpt [I loved HIRO's Mai Shiranui] but I'll have to wait to see how Orchid Seed's turns out.

I know we're not going to see a version of Sorceress without super-duper-goofy tits, but I do want to see what Orchid Seed comes up with.

johnsmith

remember me
Just got Yagyu Jubei yesterday. She looks even better than in the pics. I really like her and I'm glad I got her. Now I'm really tempted to get the rerelease of Naoe Kanetsugu to keep the collection going.

Giolon

Doesn't appear to have the same muscle mass or tone and the breasts look larger, but it might look good with a paint job. I have too much shame to buy one either way.

Elf is cool, though...

I know it's the art style, but I think Amazon's dimensions are a bit too ridiculous to work well in three dimensions, which is why I like the Megahouse version. But Elf..... Elf is amazing. Sit her toward the back of the shelf on a riser, and she'll look great.

Paint will be able to do a lot for tone with shading. I'm pretty sure the mass is there XD Those extreme proportions do look a bit more insane in 3D than they do on the page (or screen). I'll have to see if I want to end up buying her or not. Elf is still a maybe too.

The Elf/Amazon Megahouse sculpts definitely look good! I'm a bit worried as to their scales, though. With so many different manufacturers handling Dragon's Crown, if I want to collect a whole set of them I'd prefer to have them roughly the same size/scale just so they don't look odd when displayed together. That's the only issue with spreading characters across a number of manufacturers [well that and the difference in quality]. It seems Alpha Max's Sorceress is 1/8 and Elf/Amazon is 1/7.

So we have Sorceress from Alpha Max and Orchid Seed, Elf and Amazon from Megahouse, and Tiki from Vertex. That's quite the range! Sorceress is a definite, I love Alpha Max's sculpt [I loved HIRO's Mai Shiranui] but I'll have to wait to see how Orchid Seed's turns out. I'd prefer to see Elf and Amazon handled by a different manufacturer as Megahouse has been "random" in the past. As I mentioned earlier, their One Piece figures are generally great, so let's hope they show Dragon's Crown that same level of determination.

Wonderfes is going to kill my wallet, but thankfully, that will likely be for 2014.

That AlphaMax Sorceress is an almost definite no. I will have to wait until the Orchid Seed version shows up to see what they can do. I wish Alter just had the whole line.

the face has grown on me. now i want it.

Well, when I get mine, it'll really be the face that determines whether I keep her or not. I ordered her on the off chance that it appears better in person than in the promo photos. If I end up not keeping her, I'll look you up first.

Jayhawk

I was gone the past couple weeks for EVO in Las Vegas and Comic-Con in San Diego. I managed to buy the SDCC exclusive version of the Harley Quinn, and failed to win the Kotobukiya raffle draws they had. :( What figures/statues went up for pre-order the past couple of weeks that I may have missed?

johnsmith

remember me
I was gone the past couple weeks for EVO in Las Vegas and Comic-Con in San Diego. I managed to buy the SDCC exclusive version of the Harley Quinn, and failed to win the Kotobukiya raffle draws they had. :( What figures/statues went up for pre-order the past couple of weeks that I may have missed?

Hobby Search is perfect for this because it lists new preorders by date.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/

I know there isn't a lot of traditional action figure fans on here, but Hasbrotoyshop.com has the Star Wars Black 6" series in stock.

Awesome figs if you're a Star Wars fan.

Edit: I was pretty excited, but its a pre-order. they're shipping end of August. Still a decent price vs the online retailers who charge a little more. Also, sites like Bigbadtoystore are charging more for army building characters such as Sandtroopers, so nice to pre-order these at retail price.

sca2511

Still hoping the Harley variant goes on sale later on.

Just got my Kitty Pryde figure from DCBS, looks decent. Thinking that there should of been a better base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom