• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSC exclusives appear on other sites right? Like, very limited. I refuse to order from GSC directly after their atrocious service and packaging of Nendo Miku 2.0

GSC exclusives appear on other sites right? Like, very limited. I refuse to order from GSC directly after their atrocious service and packaging of Nendo Miku 2.0

Yeah BiJ should have them. They had the 2012 WonFes stuff. You'll have to pay up front, but I don't know how the GSC store handles pre-order payments anyway.

I was going to order from GSC, but if their service is that bad I'll use BiJ.

Yeah BiJ should have them. They had the 2012 WonFes stuff. You'll have to pay up front, but I don't know how the GSC store handles pre-order payments anyway.

I was going to order from GSC, but if their service is that bad I'll use BiJ.

Yeah, I mean I received a very damaged box/packaging and they offered to replace the box.
What I received was a damaged box, that wasn't even the complete package. I told them again, and they just said oh sorry..
TNT had the nerve to later request a customs payment, for a package they are likely to have damaged. Er no.

Yeah it'll be a big headache I'd imagine.

So Hot Toys has a reveal for Ani-com HK:

pnKfksC.jpg

Looks like it could be Brandon Lee as The Crow, a grail figure for me if it is.

I thought it was Michael Jackson...

The Crow would be pretty awesome

Yeah, I mean I received a very damaged box/packaging and they offered to replace the box.
What I received was a damaged box, that wasn't even the complete package. I told them again, and they just said oh sorry..
TNT had the nerve to later request a customs payment, for a package they are likely to have damaged. Er no.

Yeah it'll be a big headache I'd imagine.

F that noise. BiJ it is.

I usually love couriers, but for international delivery it's all about Royal Mail.

LiK

Don't think the new pics have been posted yet. Silent Hill 3, Heather Mason.

Maybe December release, ¥13800, 1/6 scale. At that price I think I'm out.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/163739

Bought. If it's any indication like the previous figures they released, it will definitely sell out. I see those other ones for marked up prices already. Gonna get this. If I change my mind, it's easy to make a profit for it.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Suprise! More Tony Stark Figures!!! Who would have guessed

1069927_10151513306557344_1904325122_n.jpg

Another one? Well all these Iron Man figures free's up next years spending money, and seeing I'm planning on getting 3 Sideshow Premium Format statues I'll need all the cash I can save. Red Sonja, Queen of the Dead, and the Mignola Hellboy please go up for pre-order soon.

How do you guys display premium formats, or any statue of that size? have 3 detolfs for JP scale figures, but don't really want to go that route for big statues.

Awesome figure, Hot Toys has Johnny Depp nailed.

They do. I'm really happy with my Jack Sparrow DX06, despite not caring for the POTC movies past 1.

Sweeney Todd is great too. Nice hair, but then he is a barber.

This isn't my display but I'm setting up a similar idea ( have the bestas just need to light them).

Besta shelf from Ikea with the smaller glass doors.
Found the image on google:

That looks nice. Time to do some measuring and see whether I can accommodate something that size.

I hope you take some pics when you finish your lighting. I'm rigging my detolfs with LEDs right now. Kind of a pain, but should be worth it.

Jube3

That looks nice. Time to do some measuring and see whether I can accommodate something that size.

I hope you take some pics when you finish your lighting. I'm rigging my detolfs with LEDs right now. Kind of a pain, but should be worth it.

Yea I will. I still have a lot more work to do but as soon as all the furniture is in place Ill take some shots. Also they sell the Bestas in different sizes, I currently have two that are not as tall, it holds 2 of the glass doors instead of 3. On top of them I plan to place a larger comiquette or premium format.

Bought. If it's any indication like the previous figures they released, it will definitely sell out. I see those other ones for marked up prices already. Gonna get this. If I change my mind, it's easy to make a profit for it.

That price, though. Holy fuck. I may order from HLJ just to secure one. I can always convince myself to buy it later.

johnsmith

remember me
D-Arts Elizabeth!

I'll probably pass though. The Ques Q version and cheaper prize figure should be enough.

tumblr_mqgk336fWO1qzdctco2_1280.jpg

That chair is pimp though.

Thanatos is also getting a rerelease.

Suprise! More Tony Stark Figures!!! Who would have guessed

1069927_10151513306557344_1904325122_n.jpg
This should have been the one Tony Stark they made for Iron Man 3. A much more interesting outfit than the workshop version. I won't be buying either though since I find normal human figures incredibly boring.

Keep the suits coming though, I'll take all of em!

Yea I will. I still have a lot more work to do but as soon as all the furniture is in place Ill take some shots. Also they sell the Bestas in different sizes, I currently have two that are not as tall, it holds 2 of the glass doors instead of 3. On top of them I plan to place a larger comiquette or premium format.

That sounds good. I've been thinking about whether any of my figures or statues would be OK out in the open. They're obviously easier to clean behind glass, but I like the idea of some being uncovered.

MJ and Gwen Stacy comiquettes would be fine like that I think, and some bigger statues like you say. Less delicate so easier to dust.

D-Arts Elizabeth!

I'll probably pass though. The Ques Q version and cheaper prize figure should be enough.

tumblr_mqgk336fWO1qzdctco2_1280.jpg

That chair is pimp though.

Thanatos is also getting a rerelease.

Day one yes, Persona 3 Movie hype, gives us the cast of P3 in figma or D-Arts form as well =D. I hope the paint jobs is better though (mass produced ones), some of the D-Arts paint jobs are =/

Jube3

That sounds good. I've been thinking about whether any of my figures or statues would be OK out in the open. They're obviously easier to clean behind glass, but I like the idea of some being uncovered.

MJ and Gwen Stacy comiquettes would be fine like that I think, and some bigger statues like you say. Less delicate so easier to dust.

This is what I currently have planned for my office/display room. Long way to go but I've picked up a lot so far. I still need to pick up a new L shaped desk to replace my current desk as well as build/buy a canvas for the projector screen. Theres not much room on the other side of the office, there's a closet and the door (the grey squares are windows).

LiK

Medicom 1/6 RAH Hitgirl popped up on AmiAmi. Ugh, what's with the face? That smirk doesn't work for me. They should've had an alt head where she's not smiling. Wish Hot Toys got the license.

FIG-KAI-5689.jpg

chrono01

Etna and Flonne Nendoroids [Phat Company] finally painted. They look nice, but I'm kind of cutting back on my Nendoroid purchases. I'll have to give this one some thought...

Edit - Beaten by a few seconds. Curse these fingers of mine!

I will add to this the just-announced Victorique figure from Embrace Japan [from the anime "Gosick"].

I loved the character, as well as the anime, but I'm not entirely familiar with the manufacturer [they've had a few decent figures, but nothing jaw-dropping], is priced high [12,000 yen without store discount], and is being released in...you guessed it...December!

...I...I give up.

SUPARSTARX

Got POP Nico Robin OP-Z ver. Looks so nice.

And dat D-Arts Elizabeth.. must have. How would the scale be compared with the Figma P4 stuff? I hate having different scales of the same figures. -_-

Giolon

So I broke down and ordered Fiona from HLJ. :p

Dunno if I'm gonna get her for sure, but we'll see.

She's the best Yamashita Shunya art -> figure translation we've had in a while, IMO. All of the Bishoujos, as much as I like many of them, don't really capture the way he draws faces well.

chrono01

Heather Mason already sold out on AmiAmi?

I mean, I wasn't going to get her anyway [my budget is already stressed enough], but that's surprising!

Of course this could be a "staggered" release from them [as per usual], so they'll likely have more tomorrow and the day after next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom