• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is EMS super expensive or something? I used that to preorder Akainu.

Yessssss. It's the most expensive shipping option. I only use it if I've got three or more figures shipping at the same time. I last used it back in May, and it cost me about $60 to ship three figures.

The flip side, is that you'll get your shit super-fast. But if you're only buying that Akainu figure from HLJ, I'd switch it to SAL.

Just got an email from HLJ:
HobbyLink Japan Summer Figure Sale

Don't go crazy folks lol
This is neat at least:

meg81407_0.jpg

9500 down to 6650

johnsmith

remember me
I really wanted a Yukiko figure but they're all so expensive now.

Not Megahouse's
http://plamoya.com/en/high-priestess-tv-animation-persona-4-yukiko-amagi-pvc-figure-p-48821.html
2,172 yen

This is neat at least:

meg81407_0.jpg

9500 down to 6650
Plamoya and amiami couldn't give these away. They had them on sale for months and for a lot cheaper. I passed because she's ems only.

This sale is pretty crappy. There's nothing there worth buying.

What is wrong with me? Why am I seriously considering buying the Tales of Xillia ALTER figures? >.<

Did you just buy Tales of Xillia? Me too. But I'm playing Dragon's Crown first.

I've thought about buying that Milla Maxwell figure, but $100 is a bit steep. Especially when I just paid for my Kotobukiya Asuka 3.0 today. :p

Just got an email from HLJ:
HobbyLink Japan Summer Figure Sale

Don't go crazy folks lol

Yeah, don't everyone try to buy that Men in Black bishoujo all at once.

HOW DID ANYONE AT KOTO EVER THINK THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?! lolololol

Cheska

I've thought about buying that Milla Maxwell figure, but $100 is a bit steep. Especially when I just paid for my Kotobukiya Asuka 3.0 today. :p

Yep, I did haha. I'm just worried with the hype surrounding it that both figures will quickly reach OOS status.

johnsmith

remember me

Eh, she's only in the 5k-6k range at mandarake. I got her for $64 shipped a few months ago, and the price hasn't really gone up
yet, I can see it skyrocketing once the US fans want to get a hold of her

lol... You and a bunch of other people around here are serving as a great warning for me against getting into One Piece.
Well i had a plan for it. I am going to get the remaining Supernovas first. Killer should be here tomorrow. Need Hwkins and Bonny. I want to get the Shichibukai next, so Blackbeard would fit. But i need to wait another week for money and to hit weight loss goal. Uuuugggghhh.

Jayhawk

As somebody who is starting to collect POP figures, that HLJ sale has a few POP figures on sale but damn... I can't buy everything!

I haven't gotten into collecting the Vesperia cast yet since...well...I'm already collecting enough figures. >_<

I know how you feel. I'd pick up Jude and Millia, but I've got enough on order already. Plus there's the Attack on Titan stuff on the way... I've got priorities.

SUPARSTARX

Take your time collecting One Piece merch. It will consume your wallet and bank account if you act too swiftly. I'd love to convert some of my S.H. Figuarts Zero collection into POP's but it's cray cray paying high prices. They kind of seem to be doing bigger releases now.

johnsmith

remember me
This is cute. If I'd played Devil Survivor 2 I don't think I'd be able to resist, but I haven't yet since I'm waiting for the 3DS version.

ygu4Ms2.jpg

o7uqQyL.png

Yeah, don't everyone try to buy that Men in Black bishoujo all at once.

HOW DID ANYONE AT KOTO EVER THINK THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?! lolololol

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1112877.html

milla for 6.5k

johnsmith

remember me
Ugh, I missed the 4 Earthbound mains on mandarake. I've literally checked every day for months, and I miss them today. FML.

Preordered it. Not that chuffed with the crazy face prefer the other look.

So long to wait for my first figure :(

I've never actually seen Black Rock Shooter... Does the crazy face actually suit her character?

And as to the lengthy wait, just buy more figures. That seems to solve most problems.

Just my luck,
when I don't have the cash for something it goes for a reasonable price but the second I get paid everything I wanted skyrockets to a crazy price.

I've never actually seen Black Rock Shooter... Does the crazy face actually suit her character?

And as to the lengthy wait, just buy more figures. That seems to solve most problems.

I stumbled on this thread (only figures I've had were with my Disgaea 4) and saw it and thought it was amazing. Didn't know what it was until after I ordered it when my friend said that it may perceive to be sad (pathetic) to some people if they ask what it is and you don't know...

having seen some of it the face does fit but I'm not one for wanting that look

Jayhawk

Looking at those miniature Persona figures in those pictures johnsmith posted, I want to buy those small television sets they're using as platforms for raising figures in the back of a display. If those aren't available, I should finally get to buying clear platforms to raise figures in the back of my shelves.

sky

I've never seen BRS either (I heard it's not that great? I dunno...), but it has some awesome looking designs.
Doesn't really bother me if I'm not familiar with the source, I'd still get a cool-looking figure any day.

edit: Crap, I need to add a few BRS figures to my alert list now. This thread's evil.

I've got Strength preordered and have seen the series!
Yes, the crazy face suits her personality. All the BRS characters have really nice designs.

BRS spoilers if you care to know:
All the girls in the series attend a typical school but have "doubles" that fight in another world.
When the girls get overwhelmed with emotion their doubles fight each other in that other world.
The real-world Strength switched with the other world Strength to escape bullying and the harshness of reality in favor of a world fighting. She doesn't want to return.

The anime as a whole has really nice animation and design but the plot is a bit weak.

RMI

Banned
BRS is not a great anime plot-wise, but the character designs are really great. I've liked all of the Figmas but the weak source material has kept my wallet pretty safe.

johnsmith

remember me
Ugh. Ordered Alter's Naoe Kanetsugu. Buying that Yagyu Gisen on sale from Hobby Search a few months ago was a mistake as it made it easier to buy the others. At least I was able to get on board with the Samurai Girls series right as they're being rereleased and I can get them for a decent price. Hopefully their price will go up again to their old highs.

The panty shot is pretty gratuitous, but she looks good from the front. And that hammer is awesome.

Really hoping they rerelease Tokugawa Sen.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'd recommend Phat Company's Hibari. She is adorable.

It's pretty cute. I like their Katsuragi, too. That one's in stock at AmiAmi right now.

Ultimately, I might just wait it out. I don't think Senran Kagura is going to be dropping in popularity any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom