• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad I'm more of a main character/ Portgas D. Ace One Piece collector and not nuts enough to go P.O.P One Piece the size guarantees custome charges in the UK lol

sky

Speaking of BRS... I guess I've been living under a (black) rock, because I didn't see this before:
(yeah I know some of you already have it pre-ordered)

ErnIQ66.jpg

Dat's HOT!
Sweet pose and cool looking details.

Speaking of BRS... I guess I've been living under a (black) rock, because I didn't see this before:

Dat's HOT!

i could get it... but shipping would be a bitch (i expect 60+)

Also I don't like how big the weapon is. My favorite BRS is

but due to the high rate that the twin tail comes broken from shipping dissuades me from getting it.

Runner up is

and
though I missed the boat on the gold saw one.

Silent Hill statues are hard to come by so it's all premium stuff. The Nurse and Pyramid Head are around the same prices in Japan so at least the pricing is consistent.
The nurse is $99-$104. The Pyramid Head statue I paid the full $120 for, yeah and I had no issues doing so considering the quality of it.

I'll pay the premium for a premium product. That face sculpt doesn't scream premium to me. It sort of kills the rest of the statue which is ashame cause I'm 100% the audience for Silent Hill merchandise.

LiK

The nurse is $99-$104. The Pyramid Head statue I paid the full $120 for, yeah and I had no issues doing so considering the quality of it.

I'll pay the premium for a premium product. That face sculpt doesn't scream premium.;) At least to me it doesn't.

Might be better in person!

Speaking of paying for premium figures (inflated prices etc) what are folks saltier buys:

I.e. I wish I had waited for the price drop for the figure/the figure was soooo not worth the price/should have waited for the rerelease.

I shall start buying saying I should not have paid a "Premium Price" for the Zero Suit Samus, Figma Skyward Sword Link, and D-Arts Izanagi Ookami -_-;

Izanagi due to price drop
Link and Samus for rerelease =(

I'm glad I did not go nuts with Figma Samus lol

chrono01

Dat's HOT!
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to her! I currently own the Original Ver. of Black Rock Shooter as well as Dead Master.

Thankfully [or unfortunately, to some] Insane Black Rock Shooter was delayed from August to September. Given that my August is already expensive [that is, if Belldandy with Holy Bell isn't delayed] this lessens the strain somewhat.

Also, there's nothing wrong with Katsuragi opening her shirt and letting her "life" breathe some. Nothing at all!

First one two punch wasn't so bad. In other words, Iron Man MK VII and Catwoman ready to ship.

Of course, Hulk and Stark are the more expensive of the four >=\

Cheska

Does anyone have the DC Bombshells on preorder? I absolutely love what I saw of the Batgirl and Black Canary versions, so I'm definitely going to get those but I'm debating on the rest. My instincts tell me that I'm going to regret not having the whole set, but $100 a pop plus shipping and tax sounds absurd for 5+ figures.

Does anyone have the DC Bombshells on preorder? I absolutely love what I saw of the Batgirl and Black Canary versions, so I'm definitely going to get those but I'm debating on the rest. My instincts tell me that I'm going to regret not having the whole set, but $100 a pop plus shipping and tax sounds absurd for 5+ figures.

It is. Generally, when it comes to big lines of figures that are pricey like that, I try to avoid buying any if I'm going to feel compelled to get the whole set. It's one thing to get in on the ground floor where they release like, two per year. But the Bombshells line seems to have them being released constantly.

Cheska

It is. Generally, when it comes to big lines of figures that are pricey like that, I try to avoid buying any if I'm going to feel compelled to get the whole set. It's one thing to get in on the ground floor where they release like, two per year. But the Bombshells line seems to have them being released constantly.

Exactly, there's one releasing every month :O

So I'm toying with the idea of selling my Motoko Kusanagi. How much does she generally go for? I know I've seen her listed for $400-ish, but what price does she actually move at. She's still sealed, never opened, yadda yadda.

I'm guessing her light-up eyes also have something to do with her price.

Again, I don't buy Nendos, but I kinda want her. :p

Does the series she's from (Fireball) happen to be anything special?

LiK

Fireball is a series by Disney in Japan and is supposed to be quite popular. They're shorts and supposed to be funny. I never watched them but I bought the Figmas cuz I love her design.

Anony

so
im in tokyo and my plans have been changed to akihabara everyday lol

too many figs, cant choose, i want to buy 1 or 2 expensive, premium ones... arg

i wish i just lived here

gokieks

Dammit, Hobby Search had the Yamato 2199 Yuki Mori figure back in stock earlier but I missed it because the Figinstock e-mail about it got marked as spam for some reason by Gmail.

sky

I'm guessing her light-up eyes also have something to do with her price.
Someone should mod these with a solar panel, so they will automatically light up when it's dark. Having the illuminated eyes is a cool feature, but how often are you actually going to switch it on?

RocBase

Can you take a pic of it? I'm curious what PA bootlegs look like.

I have a Final Form Sora bootleg and besides the horrendous spray job and pee yellow skin (no, really, it's transparent yellow) it can't even hold the damn swords it comes with.

LiK

No wonder people ask me if my PAs are authentic on eBay.

btw, I have a bunch of sealed PAs I'm selling. Let me know which ones you're looking for and maybe I can help. Can't say they will be cheap but I'll let you know.

Can you take a pic of it? I'm curious what PA bootlegs look like.
can't take any atm but here are a few from others
neptunecadet1322372780.jpeg
neptunecadet1322372511.jpeg

The real version should be a bit taller than Selphie and the bootleg's coat is really glossy.
the necklace and rings are huge compared to the original.
color2l.png

Left=Real Right=Bootleg bootleg is orange ish with no paint on the scar or lips
Play+Arts+Kai+Cloud+Bootleg.JPG

Left=Bootleg Right=Real hair is a little translucent on the real figure

No wonder people ask me if my PAs are authentic on eBay.

btw, I have a bunch of sealed PAs I'm selling. Let me know which ones you're looking for and maybe I can help. Can't say they will be cheap but I'll let you know.
Thanks I think I have found a Rinoa im buying though so do you have any KH/FF?
thats what im working on currently.

So this arrived (and apologies for some of the poor pics, they were taken in a hurry!):

ibfX3VjObifY9f.JPG

ibmzlXjjnxsZsU.JPG

ibk0KnLqFIjaIh.JPG

ibg4VPKjXaT5dK.JPG

iWw4yAAYburm.JPG

ibeaza0PZVqB21.JPG

ibltnCSvUGJAte.JPG

Unposed full shot:

ibgrxjISvz3aaQ.JPG

The hair is amazing. It feels like real hair as opposed to course "string" feel of Black Widow or Baby Doll. It's the star of the show. I think the face looks quite good in person. Hathaway is difficult to capture and they've done a pretty fine job of it. The mask is a bit of a bitch to get on. I'd recommend not bothering to unsnap the back. Just put the front on her nose and gently slide the back onto her hair until its snug. Getting the snap back in place was frustrating!

I'll have some posed (and better) shots later tonight. Alongside the DKR Batman and Bane.

Fantomex

So this arrived (and apologies for some of the poor pics, they were taken in a hurry!):

The hair is amazing. It feels like real hair as opposed to course "string" feel of Black Widow or Baby Doll. It's the star of the show. I think the face looks quite good in person. Hathaway is difficult to capture and they've done a pretty fine job of it. The mask is a bit of a bitch to get on. I'd recommend not bothering to unsnap the back. Just put the front on her nose and gently slide the back onto her hair until its snug. Getting the snap back in place was frustrating!

I'll have some posed (and better) shots later tonight. Alongside the DKR Batman and Bane.

Good stuff man! We definitely playing with dolls now though hehe. I'm finna cop that Snake Eyes and a Bane by end of year I hope.

LiK

can't take any atm but here are a few from others

Thanks I think I have found a Rinoa im buying though so do you have any KH/FF?
thats what im working on currently.

I have plenty of FF and KH actually. But you'll want to list the ones you want so I can double check later. I bought a bunch back in the day but ran outta shelf space so I never opened some of them.

So I'm toying with the idea of selling my Motoko Kusanagi. How much does she generally go for? I know I've seen her listed for $400-ish, but what price does she actually move at. She's still sealed, never opened, yadda yadda.

Again, I don't buy Nendos, but I kinda want her. :p

Does the series she's from (Fireball) happen to be anything special?

I always thought that was a nice figure, didn't know it had such a high after market price till now. Why does the old stuff I like have to be stuff that has already sky rocketed in price T_T

Sweet figure. I've seen a couple people do an eyeliner mod for her masked face recently and it looked a lot more life-like. But if you plan on displaying her with the mask there is no need for that.

Sweet figure. I've seen a couple people do an eyeliner mod for her masked face recently and it looked a lot more life-like. But if you plan on displaying her with the mask there is no need for that.
Yeah one was posted in here (You might have posted it!) that looked good. I'm definitely displaying with the mask though.

I always thought that was a nice figure, didn't know it had such a high after market price till now. Why does the old stuff I like have to be stuff that has already sky rocketed in price T_T

Well, in this case, it's because this particular Motoko Kusanagi figure is pretty much universally regarded as the best likeness of the character yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom