• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

1JvCeYo.jpg

Bah, super skinny after all.
Eh, I dunno if I should jump in or not.

So this arrived (and apologies for some of the poor pics, they were taken in a hurry!):

ibfX3VjObifY9f.JPG

ibmzlXjjnxsZsU.JPG

ibk0KnLqFIjaIh.JPG

ibg4VPKjXaT5dK.JPG

iWw4yAAYburm.JPG

ibeaza0PZVqB21.JPG

ibltnCSvUGJAte.JPG

Unposed full shot:

ibgrxjISvz3aaQ.JPG

The hair is amazing. It feels like real hair as opposed to course "string" feel of Black Widow or Baby Doll. It's the star of the show. I think the face looks quite good in person. Hathaway is difficult to capture and they've done a pretty fine job of it. The mask is a bit of a bitch to get on. I'd recommend not bothering to unsnap the back. Just put the front on her nose and gently slide the back onto her hair until its snug. Getting the snap back in place was frustrating!

I'll have some posed (and better) shots later tonight. Alongside the DKR Batman and Bane.

Everything is great except the face, just generic looking white female, better to leave mask on

Fantomex

Everything is great except the face, just generic looking white female, better to leave mask on

Good sir this is where I respectfully disagree. I think Hathaways face in general is Average White Female. Except for the dip in her nose and an elongated smile, she looks like every other girl in a fashion magazine. I think they did a good job with her. Arnie, Sly and so many others have easier features to set them apart.

LiK

Good sir this is where I respectfully disagree. I think Hathaways face in general is Average White Female. Except for the dip in her nose and an elongated smile, she looks like every other girl in a fashion magazine. I think they did a good job with her. Arnie, Sly and so many others have easier features to set them apart.

yea, i disagree with Ken as well. It looks like her. Not as accurate as ScarJo but pretty good likeness. If you want generic, check out those Triad Toys female figures.

chrono01

Wow, that poor quality control.... RIP

How much does it cost?
Way, way too much with those issues. Daiki Kougyou figures are generally over-priced, and when they have issues like the one posted above? That's just unacceptable.

BTW, new pictures have been posted of Sailing Again Franky. I really can't wait to receive mine, I only hope N-Y will ship mine soon. -_-

He comes with a ridiculous amount of items...

With that my Sailing Again Straw Hat's will be complete. Still, Franky really wasn't cheap...though he looks to be worth it.

I'm just trying really hard to look at that face and see any semblance of her and can't. But everything else about the figure is fantastic and the hair should be the new standard

I wonder what she would have looked like if they just kept her in her original costume. I know they had to put her in something skimpy for the bishoujo line, but shit, I'd have bought her anyway. I never regret buying anything from Koto. Price + durability = win.

BadWolf

I wonder what she would have looked like if they just kept her in her original costume. I know they had to put her in something skimpy for the bishoujo line, but shit, I'd have bought her anyway. I never regret buying anything from Koto. Price + durability = win.

I love her new TTT2 design, would have bought the figure for sure if it was used.

Will be passing on what they went with.

We're all screwed if we ever have to move from our current residences, just the thought will give headaches lol, especially those who have rid of their figures' boxes XD

LiK

We're all screwed if we ever have to move from our current residences, just the thought will give headaches lol, especially those who have rid of their figures' boxes XD

i'm not even sure how you guys can collect them if you live in small apartments. anyone here rent storage lockers?

i live in a house and i always had an inkling to rent a storage locker just to clear out all these figures that are still in boxes.

I'm also living in a house, got plenty of space =P but I'm sure someone in this thread probably lives in an apartment XD, I hope it's a big one for their sake =P

But just the fact that if you ever had to live in another residence for circumstances, they will definitely run into problems packing figures away.

I'm also living in a house, got plenty of space =P but I'm sure someone in this thread probably lives in an apartment XD, I hope it's a big one for their sake =P

But just the fact that if you ever had to live in another residence for circumstances, they will definitely run into problems packing figures away.

And I know as long as you pay for the storage lockers on time it's okay but those storage locker "raider" shows have me paranoid lol

Bombless

I live in a small appartment. Currently all my figs are sitting on the glass desk I do not use (and will probably get rid of soon). The boxes are piled up along another wall.

The plan is to move the boxes to my mother's storage (an unused garage) and along with the desk space it should provide a big enough room for another library/detolf.

chrono01

While not technically figures, they're close enough I figured I'd mention [in-case there's anyone else here who loves this as much as I do].

Pulchra will be releasing smartphone stands starring anime characters. The first three will be one of Maou from "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha", and the other two will be characters from "Vividred Operation" [Himawari Shinomiya and Rei Kuroki].

Supposedly they're a limited release, so they probably won't be available for long. Maou has already reached the number one bestsellers for "Character Goods" on AmiAmi. They're all scheduled for release in October for the low price of 1,980 yen each.

I pre-ordered Maou since I need an iPhone stand and she looks absolutely adorable. Pictures are below.

Maou: [http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-62994&page=top]

ibmyZBGG3juyXE.jpg

Himawari Shinomiya: [http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-62995&page=top]

i3WfTubnNWsHG.jpg

Rei Kuroki: [http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-62996&page=top]

ibkVQ5B2RRRRv.jpg

gokieks

I pre-ordered Maou since I need an iPhone stand and she looks absolutely adorable.

I saw these yesterday and actually thought about ordering the Maou one, but I would much prefer a stand that I can keep the phone plugged in while using, so in the end decided against it.

zoku88

Are those only for iphone, or will they work with anything with a micro USB on the bottom?

EDIT: oh, they're just stands? No charging?

chrono01

Are those only for iphone, or will they work with anything with a micro USB on the bottom?
Unfortunately they do not charge the phone while in the stand, although you can flip the phone upside-down and plug in the USB cable that way.

Therefore it should fit a variety of smartphones to the same dimensions as the iPhone, Galaxy II, etc.

It's mainly to have something cute to have the phone rest in while not in-use.

gokieks

You could probably drill a small hole and use some sugru to hold a (micro)USB/Lightning/Apple 30 pin cable, though might also have to affix some feet to raise it up a bit. But that's more effort than I really care to put in.

chrono01

You could probably drill a small hole and use some sugru to hold a (micro)USB/Lightning/Apple 30 pin cable, though might also have to affix some feet to raise it up a bit. But that's more effort than I really care to put in.
Actually, that would be a decent mod. Apparently the base is hollow on the bottom, so drilling a hole would likely be easy.

i4zY4Wu8jHjgc.jpg

But yes, you would likely have to drill a small hole on the edge, as well, to allow the cable to pass-through.

zoku88

Unfortunately they do not charge the phone while in the stand, although you can flip the phone upside-down and plug in the USB cable that way.

Therefore it should fit a variety of smartphones to the same dimensions as the iPhone, Galaxy II, etc.

It's mainly to have something cute to have the phone rest in while not in-use.

Ah, that's too bad.

Still tempting. though. They're too cute.

EDIT: I do have some hand drills I use for resin kits. Maybe that will work!

Bombless

I don't have a smartphone and I suspect my 7' tablet won't fit, so too bad. Althrough I *might* get a Note 2 in the near future....Decisions decisions...

Edit : Talking about Maou of course.

Edit 2 : Ordered. I hate/love you guys.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

The only real difference is heels + no pants. Not really a huge change. I'm hoping that the rest of her looks good because I definitely liked Jun's Yamashita art a lot.

chrono01

I don't have a smartphone and I suspect my 7' tablet won't fit, so too bad. Althrough I *might* get a Note 2 in the near future....Decisions decisions...

Edit : Talking about Maou of course.

Edit 2 : Ordered. I hate/love you guys.
Well that was easy.

My job here is done!

*disappears*

LiK

While not technically figures, they're close enough I figured I'd mention [in-case there's anyone else here who loves this as much as I do].

Pulchra will be releasing smartphone stands starring anime characters. The first three will be one of Maou from "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha", and the other two will be characters from "Vividred Operation" [Himawari Shinomiya and Rei Kuroki].

Supposedly they're a limited release, so they probably won't be available for long. Maou has already reached the number one bestsellers for "Character Goods" on AmiAmi. They're all scheduled for release in October for the low price of 1,980 yen each.

I pre-ordered Maou since I need an iPhone stand and she looks absolutely adorable. Pictures are below.

Maou: [http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-62994&page=top]

ibmyZBGG3juyXE.jpg

Himawari Shinomiya: [http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-62995&page=top]

i3WfTubnNWsHG.jpg

Rei Kuroki: [http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-62996&page=top]

ibkVQ5B2RRRRv.jpg

that is freakin' adorable for the figure alone. might get one. wish they did one for Attack on Titan. are all the ones you listed the only ones available? Wish there were more anime series to choose from.

chrono01

that is freakin' adorable for the figure alone. might get one. wish they did one for Attack on Titan. are all the ones you listed the only ones available? Wish there were more anime series to choose from.
Yes, those are the only three available as of now.

If they're successful, though, I can see them expanding to include other series.

Fantomex

are there any promotions for sideshow gift cards? I know there was a pacific rim sweepstakes card just for entering but that expired. About to order me an Iron Man :)

Bombless

Yes, those are the only three available as of now.

If they're successful, though, I can see them expanding to include other series.

Let me guess : A giant Titan, a Saber, a Miku.

Any classics I missed?

edit : Btw Chrono, I finally saw Oreimo. The episode of that Gif is so me waiting for my Dragon's Crown copy from VG+ it's scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom