• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

No one cares about your shipping method, tell us what you ordered. ;)

Haha. I ordered some old Saber & Irisviel set from Amiami. I couldn't pass up on it cause it was only 2100 yen while it's 3500 on Mandarake and higher in other places. I only really wanted Irisviel though since I have a couple Saber figures already, but they match so I might as well keep them together.

I feel weird buying an Alter figure that's not 1/8 scale though lol

johnsmith

remember me
Seriously considering ordering Dark General from Rage of Bahamut. But she's an exclusive, so she's pricey. 11,780 yen. But she looks so good.

flVWmoW.jpg

Amakuni. All their figures are exclusives trough Hobby Japan I think.

She's an awesome figure, and I love the armor. But holy shit does that pose scare me. I wouldn't be comfortable unless that right foot had some kind of support. If the figure is/was supported somewhere aside from just the left foot. Is she?

1) Where is the sculpt of Black Canary bishoujo? She seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth after the art reveal.

2) Why is bishoujo Zatanna not a thing that exists?

Is there a Hot Toys or Enterbay level Ash from Evil Dead? Quick Google search shows mostly NECA which I am not really a fan of. Actually what's everyone's opinion of NECA here?

Is there a Hot Toys or Enterbay level Ash from Evil Dead? Quick Google search shows mostly NECA which I am not really a fan of. Actually what's everyone's opinion of NECA here?

I love their Predator and Aliens line, sculpts can be a miss sometimes like their current Aliens stuff but their Arnold Predafor figures are amazing. They are not expensive figures so you will have some paint and quality control issues

Bombless

Welp, made mom an account with Amiami and Hobby Search and showed her how to order and how the stuff works. Also explained her about exclusives and other things.

She's still considering Miku's Love is War and has requested that I give her both Dark Elf and Kamael when they get here (because she wants to keep sets together).

As a trade she's preordered this for me. If I hadn't said I wanted it for a while (but december so no way) she would had kept it for her haha.

FIGURE-001330_01.jpg

I think we'll get along just fine she and I.

Welp, made mom an account with Amiami and Hobby Search and showed her how to order and how the stuff works. Also explained her about exclusives and other things.

She's still considering Miku's Love is War and has requested that I give her both Dark Elf and Kamael when they get here (because she wants to keep sets together).

As a trade she's preordered this for me. If I hadn't said I wanted it for a while (but december so no way) she would had kept it for her haha.

FIGURE-001330_01.jpg

I think we'll get along just fine she and I.

as long as she doesn't get into native/orchid seed figures you should be good. Otherwise say byebye to money (and down the dark path)

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/133/FIGURE-001330_01.jpg[/img

I think we'll get along just fine she and I.[/QUOTE]
Should also make a HLJ account for those maybe I will, maybe I won't figures.

I kinda want to go through HLJ or N-Y for my future orders. There are too many figures I pre-ordered from AmiAmi and decided I'm not too crazy about anymore. I mean, they ban people for doing shit other stores take as a matter of doing business. And their discounts aren't really dramatic enough to warrant that attitude.

Bombless

Yes, I will. Just didn't want to overload her with information.

I kinda want to go through HLJ or N-Y for my future orders. There are too many figures I pre-ordered from AmiAmi and decided I'm not too crazy about anymore. I mean, they ban people for doing shit other stores take as a matter of doing business. And their discounts aren't really dramatic enough to warrant that attitude.

I've been thinking about it as well, but then again I'm super careful with orders (or at least that's what I'm telling myself :p).

NY and BiJ often beat amiami on price anyway. The easy method for combining shipping is where amiami wins. With BiJ you have to ask them to do it and NY don't do it at all I don't think.

Yep, I'm finding myself more and more likely to order from HLJ due to the ability to cancel. Feels annoying writing an email to AmiAmi to cancel an order =/, but *hopefully doesn't jinxes things* lately packages from AmiAmi have avoided customs cause they put declaration sheets on the packages now. Gotten stung several times by HLJ and Plamoya =(

Yep, I'm finding myself more and more likely to order from HLJ due to the ability to cancel. Feels annoying writing an email to AmiAmi to cancel an order =/, but *hopefully doesn't jinxes things* lately packages from AmiAmi have avoided customs cause they put declaration sheets on the packages now. Gotten stung several times by HLJ and Plamoya =(

I picked up Milla from the post office yesterday and N-Y also uses declaration sheets.

I should ask if they have that version. This store has a stupid amount of figures just laying all over the place.

Ha ha ha. NO ONE has that one. If they do, they generally want $400-$600 for it.

Toki767

Aren't you in the Bay too? What store is that!? :O
Card & Comics Central in San Francisco. They seem to have scaled back on what they offer from a few years ago though. Back then even the floors were full of figures. Now it's more comic books. Prices seem decent though. Maybe like $10-20 more than online prices which would offset shipping.

johnsmith

remember me
I started setting up my persona figures. Figuarts Chie is so tiny compared to the much better Taito prize figure Chie. Never buying a figuarts again, so not worth it.

Just bought her and her from N-Y.

I guess I got the last Jubei. I just started watching Samurai Bride and couldn't resist. Also, I think I'm going to be done with AmiAmi soon. I just don't like supporting a retailer that makes you walk on eggshells whenever you need to do something other than give them money. :p

Toki767

I started setting up my persona figures. Figuarts Chie is so tiny compared to the much better Taito prize figure Chie. Never buying a figuarts again, so not worth it.
Figuarts are all like 5 inches right? I still kind of want that Kenshin Figuarts Zero but if it's a lot smaller than my other figures I don't want to end up paying more than $30 or so for it.

o god I did something SUPER stupid

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/98982#tab/official/date/1/1

on NY for 18.5k. Thats fine. The shipping? FUCKING BRUTAL. 4.6k sal and 6k ems.

I chose EMS =(.

Judging by her popularity and being a native fig, I think she would be around 17k~ mandarake with the postcard. (1k higher than her sister). So I was like ehh 18.5k for a new one? fine.

Shipping? Fucking brutal. Was going to say no at that and wait for other options to see if it would be lower. Check on MFC and apparently people paid around 20k(sal) to 23k. I said fuck it, its only 16 dollars rofl.

edit
Forgot to mention that her sister is also 2k less base price. So yeah, it would definitely be around 15-18k on mandarake pending if new/used/without postcard.

sca2511

Card & Comics Central in San Francisco. They seem to have scaled back on what they offer from a few years ago though. Back then even the floors were full of figures. Now it's more comic books. Prices seem decent though. Maybe like $10-20 more than online prices which would offset shipping.

Might be going to SF this week, so I'll probably check this place out. Thanks.

o god I did something SUPER stupid

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/98982#tab/official/date/1/1

on NY for 18.5k. Thats fine. The shipping? FUCKING BRUTAL. 4.6k sal and 6k ems.

I chose EMS =(.

I'm right there with you. I paid like, $50 EMS for the two Samurai Bride figures I just ordered. It's so fucking easy to rationalize EMS when you're at checkout. From now on I'm using Registered SAL.

Is it me or is N-Y a bit more brutal with shipping?

johnsmith

remember me

My Persona collection. This doesn't include everything, didn't have room for the graphig papercrafts and the Taito trading figures. Once I get everything setup I'm going to have to borrow somebody's good camera and take some good pics.

Toki767

My Persona collection. This doesn't include everything, didn't have room for the graphig papercrafts and the Taito trading figures. Once I get everything setup I'm going to have to borrow somebody's good camera and take some good pics.

I wish Rise's figures had better poses.

I haven't bought any Megahouse figures in ages. What's their quality like these days?

I haven't bought any Megahouse figures in ages. What's their quality like these days?

Good on QB figures, ok on some of their other figures. On my list of companies tiers it would be like

1) Alter
2) Max Factory/Native
3) GSC
4) Orchid Seed
5) Megahouse

edit

nvm MF/Native over GSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom