• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

maybe they consider minor creases damage, heh. so how's the ordering process with them? simple and easy like with AmiAmi?

They seem a lot faster in getting orders out than AmiAmi. I'm still waiting for my AmiAmi order to ship after I paid yesterday. Mandarake shipped out my order within 8 hours of paying.

LiK

They seem a lot faster in getting orders out than AmiAmi. I'm still waiting for my AmiAmi order to ship after I paid yesterday. Mandarake shipped out my order within 8 hours of paying.

sounds good, glad folks here like johnsmith recommended them.

johnsmith

remember me
I think I'm going to have to start selling some of my figures. I have too many that aren't really that great. Now that I'm finally putting them on display it's easier to see what's worth keeping and what isn't.

Like the bishoujo figures, I got caught up in collecting them all, and I kind of regret some of them.

LiK

I think I'm going to have to start selling some of my figures. I have too many that aren't really that great. Now that I'm finally putting them on display it's easier to see what's worth keeping and what isn't.

Like the bishoujo figures, I got caught up in collecting them all, and I kind of regret some of them.

yea, that happens with me too. You collect them from the designs and photos but then once you take them out, they're okay.

Jayhawk

I actually avoided buying the Marvel and DC bishoujo figures, since I feared that I would end up wanting to buy them all. I regret not being able to buy the few I wanted when they were selling for a reasonable price. Ah well.

Four more of the POP figures I ordered a couple weeks back arrived today. I haven't opened the boxes they shipped in yet. :<

This I understand. I like them, but once I discovered Alter figures.... no comparison. I still like some of the bishoujos quite a lot, though. Like Poison Ivy. I'm still glad I picked her up.

So I bought Jubei and Naoe from Samurai Girls/Bride. Also thinking about Yagyu Gisen to round out the shelf.

I actually avoided buying the Marvel and DC bishoujo figures, since I feared that I would end up wanting to buy them all. I regret not being able to buy the few I wanted when they were selling for a reasonable price. Ah well.

Four more of the POP figures I ordered a couple weeks back arrived today. I haven't opened the boxes they shipped in yet. :<

Do you realize the irony of being afraid to get into bishoujos when you've fallen into the same trap with POP figures?

LiK

i should get Bishoujo Power Girl soon. I really love the design and I dunno why I'm still on the fence about her.

i should get Bishoujo Power Girl soon. I really love the design and I dunno why I'm still on the fence about her.

She looks a bit plain in pictures, admittedly. Mostly due to how much white there is. But she's really nice once you have her in hand. And if you already have bishoujo Huntress, you need her to complete the set.

johnsmith

remember me
This I understand. I like them, but once I discovered Alter figures.... no comparison. I still like some of the bishoujos quite a lot, though. Like Poison Ivy. I'm still glad I picked her up.

Yeah, but Alter doesn't make classic characters I've loved since I was a kid! That's a big part of the appeal of the bishoujos.

I don't know either! She's not one I regret getting. Definitely a keeper.

Yeah, but Alter doesn't make classic characters I've loved since I was a kid! That's a big part of the appeal of the bishoujos.

This is also true. But being a comics fan as well, I have no intention to stop buying bishoujos. I have no problem buying the ones that appeal to me.

Also (unrelated), I'm interested in seeing how the new Megahouse Utena figure turns out.

Acid08

Banned
Bought Code of Princess on the 3DS eShop since it's on sale and then I discovered this exists:

2600-5873-thickbox.jpg

Want.

I have the black one, its really nice. Only thing to note is that the pegs don't go into the feet fully because her bottom foot hits the base and can't go further.

It hasn't fallen yet for me and I still enjoy it. Remember getting it for like 130~ with shipping on ebay.

Jayhawk

Nice bishoujo collection in that picture, johnsmith.

I removed my August pickups from their shipment boxes, but kept them covered in bubble wrap until I have my shelves set up. Here are some pictures. I posted these and pictures of non-figure pickups in the August 2013 pickup thread in Gaming.

I have a few more shipments expected to arrive this week. I'll post pictures of those eventually.

I can vouch for Mandrake as well. I got a supposed major damaged box Sabo from them and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the box. Sipped same day as paid and arrived in three.

Polls opens to celebrate 10 years of Megahouse Gundam PVC
You all better be voting for Char Cima

It's the one that says 0083 STARDUST MEMORY.

Voted for Cima. I'm not really in touch with the Gundam fanbase, but I feel like Char will win.

Another email from Goodsmile Company regarding You Are Not Alone Homura and Snow Miku 2013. How many more things can go wrong?

I wouldn't be surprised if your package was now delivered to North Korea and impounded, never to be seen again.
Except by supreme leader.

Seriously though, they need to drop whoever their delivery agent is.

OH SNAP!

Pre-ordering with the quickness once this is up, yo.

Should be sometime today

Zl00hbr.jpg

There's also a mystery Le Petite Macross seventh nendoriod, looks like Ishtar from Macross II.

StayDead

I want them but it comes out in December when I already have too much ordered. T_T

Oh well, I'm getting the Sheryl and Ranka nendos seperately so that's good enough for me <3

I also got another email about my Kimono Miku, apparently there's a tracking site error but they've been shipped. God damn what a disaster for them with these.

I have some larger figures and think they look good in a display if you have the space. My tallest is Hattori Kiriko at 34cm(13.26in).

That Asuka above is only 26cm(10.14in).

i prefer 1/8. Not too large, not too small, don't take up a lot of room (which means more figures).

Kos mos, Solange, and a few more are just super noticable in my room and its not because of sculpt.

Jayhawk

A coworker is going to Japan for vacation soon. He will be spending most of his time in Okinawa for karate, but he might spend a day or two in Tokyo. Does anybody know where he would be able to buy the Hatsune Miku: Love is War ver. DX statue in person in those two cities for me? I'm trying to think of other difficult-to-find figures I would want him to grab, without giving him too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom