• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered Shining Ark Velvet from HLJ. Not sure if I really want her, but if I don't find anything else for January aside from Miku2020, there she is.

I kind of want that Asuna "New Wives Always Say Yes" version just because of how ludicrous it is.

LosDaddie

Banned
Hot Toys bros: Is there a website and/or video tutorial out there for posing figures? I now have the HT Iron Man Mk7 & Hulk, and I want to pose them cool.

The Hulk is massive. Worth every penny, IMO.

Jayhawk

Mikasa nendoroid is up for preorder at Amiami for you Attack on Titan fans.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-001912

FIGURE-001912.jpg

Bishoujo Chun Li is also up, but I'm not sure if I want to pre-order; her face is bugging the hell out of me.

Also, where's a good place to order bishoujos in general? Not sure I want to buy one from AmiAmi, though I could just combine it with the 2020Miku...

Cheska

Bishoujo Chun Li is also up, but I'm not sure if I want to pre-order; her face is bugging the hell out of me.

Also, where's a good place to order bishoujos in general? Not sure I want to buy one from AmiAmi, though I could just combine it with the 2020Miku...

Amazon. And they're usually significantly less. I've also used Kirinhobby plenty of times and never had any issues.

I think it's just gonna be Miku and Hitagi for me.

I hope. But I really do love both of them. If I can exercise a little self-control and keep my purchases like this, then 2014 is going to be awesome.

alleyne is just amazing not to get, tho very ecchi. Rin has that "awe" to me. I don't know anything about Idolmaster but i just like the post, outfit and colors.

Aytrial

Tempted to order Phat Company's Date A Live figures since there's apparently no other options right now, but I'm not really a fan of their posing or face sculpts. Given that Good Smile Company is releasing a Nendoroid of Tohka, I hope they'll be releasing full scale figures as well.

FIGURE-001915.jpg

Fantomex

Zod product images. I wasn't interested in it before (not a fan of the movie) but the likeness is off. Sort of weak to me.

Doesn't look quite as off but it's weird expression to base the figure off of.

I think the figure looks great, but I guess i didnt enjoy the character enough to want to purchase him. I really like the accuracy of the armor doe.

Zod product images. I wasn't interested in it before (not a fan of the movie) but the likeness is off. Sort of weak to me.

EDIT: I guess they were working off of this image:

Doesn't look quite as off but it's weird expression to base the figure off of.
Putting the images side by side really solidifies the likeness for me.

1149051_509202085841438_791301736_n.jpg

I personally feel like they should always offer a neutral expression as an alternate when they do more expressive faces, but it captures Zod's insanity quite well. I didn't like Man of Steel so it's an easy pass, but it's quite a nice figure.

sca2511

Damn Freezasaurus, pre-ordered Hitagi as well. Here I was thinking I'd stop ordering this year after Psylocke and Thajra. After the J. Scott Campbell line of statues, I really need to stop ordering figs for a bit.

Bombless

They made her face look more...cute instead of mature I guess? I'm not really sure how to describe it.

Rounder eyes and less pouty mouth. Still do not like it but oddly enough it's the breasts that bother me more and more. My brain keeps expecting nipples to be there and goes SOMETHING'S MISSING HERE BRO, THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT.

Rounder eyes and less pouty mouth. Still do not like it but oddly enough it's the breasts that bother me more and more. My brain keeps expecting nipples to be there and goes SOMETHING'S MISSING HERE BRO, THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT.

Maybe none of Kamitani's characters have nipples and you just can't tell because of their outfits. He hates nipples and has created a universe where they don't exist. Think about it.

In all seriousness, even taking artistic license into account, it's a strange thing to mess with. It's immediately noticeable that something is off there.

Cheska

Ahhh! Just grabbed two more highly sought Persona figures off Amiami. Realllllllly hoping everything is as described, because at this point, August seems too good to be true.

If only I hadn't combined the orders with Mitsuru :(

Bombless

All Alphamax really need to do is pull the lace up halfway and it will be perfect. Doesn't look like it's going to happen though.

LiK

Haha, yeah for sure. Her nipples are on the bottom I guess... lolz.
Looks really weird.

Jut slightly lower which is not entirely wrong with the anatomy. If we're gonna nitpick nipple placements, Morrigan is not too far off.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They changed Sorceress' face. Still looks way off.

It looks signifcantly better to me. The Sorceress has a cute face in the game. The previous sculpt gave her sleepy eyes. They were shooting for seductive and mature, but missed.

The size of head still bothers me, though.

johnsmith

remember me
New sorceress face looks worse. What the hell was the point of taking down preorders if they weren't going to make any improvements.

Pezking

Ordered my second figure from Nippon Yasan last week:
http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/figures-k-on/3130-k-on-hirasawa-yui-1-8.html

Now the status of my order has been "Preparation in progress" for 4 days. Is that normal? I know this is a small shop and not Amazon, but did anyone here have similar experiences with NY?
Are they just slow sometimes? Should I worry? I already paid via PayPal...

Also, it kinda sucks when you choose expensive EMS shipping to minimize the time it takes for the figure to arrive from Japan to Germany, and then it takes almost a week before it actually ships...

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/figures-k-on/3130-k-on-hirasawa-yui-1-8.html

Now the status of my order has been "Preparation in progress" for 4 days. Is that normal? I know this is a small shop and not Amazon, but did anyone here have similar experiences with NY? Should I worry? I already paid via PayPal...

Also, it kinda sucks when you choose expensive EMS shipping to minimize the time it takes for the figure to arrive from Japan to Germany, and then it takes almost a week before it actually ships...

That's completely normal for NY. I've bought a lot from them and they're always slow to ship. A few extra days doesn't bother me though since I only use EMS for an order with 2+ figures.

Edit: also, good choice. Yui is awesome.

Toki767

Now the status of my order has been "Preparation in progress" for 4 days. Is that normal? I know this is a small shop and not Amazon, but did anyone here have similar experiences with NY?

They're definitely just slow. The order will definitely ship though.

It seems like going SAL makes your package get held up in customs way longer than going EMS. My figures have been in customs for 3 days now. :(

LiK

It's normal with them. I've had orders take a week or a week and a half to ship out. They seem to be super fast or super slow. I assume they don't have the item in-hand. It's rather annoying especially if you chose EMS.

DoubleTap

I personally feel like they should always offer a neutral expression as an alternate when they do more expressive faces, but it captures Zod's insanity quite well. I didn't like Man of Steel so it's an easy pass, but it's quite a nice figure.

The likeness is off for me. He looks like Jack Black.
Off to see more images.

Pezking

I assume they don't have the item in-hand.

I don't know...right after I placed my order, the figure was automatically listed as "out of stock". I assumed I ordered the last figure they had.

A day later (and still today), you could once again place new orders for Yui.

But thanks everybody, I'm confident in NY once more and just try to be more patient!

LiK

I don't know...right after I placed my order, the figure was automatically listed as "out of stock". I assumed I ordered the last figure they had.

A day later (and still today), you could once again place new orders for Yui.

But thanks everybody, I'm confident in NY once more and just try to be more patient!

Yea, it's in their system but I think some items require them to get it from another location. That's the only reason I can think of for the slow processing. It's probably in a warehouse somewhere.

But no worries. It'll be shipped eventually.

New sorceress face looks worse. What the hell was the point of taking down preorders if they weren't going to make any improvements.

Fuck it. I'll just wait and see what the next Sorceress figure looks like. However long that takes. Hopefully Megahouse won't shit the bed with paint on Elf and Amazon.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Bought this as an incentive to quit smoking, haven't had a cigarette since Saturday night, I have been using an e-cig to curb the cravings though. Anyway, this 1/4 scale bad ass is soooooo much better in hand then most pics suggest, really glad I found a way to pick this up.

y44jva4.jpg

AYXIOa8.jpg

RMI

Banned
Bought this as an incentive to quit smoking, haven't had a cigarette since Saturday night, I have been using an e-cig to curb the cravings though. Anyway, this 1/4 scale bad ass is soooooo much better in hand then most pics suggest, really glad I found a way to pick this up.

Good luck quitting! I've been there. Some things that motivated me were not wanting to smell like smoke all the time, running/exercise, my girlfriend's nagging, and the fact that my porch is either covered with snow or swarmed by insects 6 months out of the year.

Eyes are off. It's not as bad as my initial impression though.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
^ is that the Hot Toys one? Mine is still in the box. Need to find a nice spot for it.
Yes it is the Hot Toys one. Did you open it up to make sure it's complete yet, a few people on sideshow freaks had a few missing pieces like the jaw pistons or missing hoses, worth checking it out if you haven't already.

Good luck quitting! I've been there. Some things that motivated me were not wanting to smell like smoke all the time, running/exercise, my girlfriend's nagging, and the fact that my porch is either covered with snow or swarmed by insects 6 months out of the year.

Thanks, it was a 23 year habit, and I never "quit" more then a day. So far so good, my main motivation is to be a half decent father to my son, he's a couple days shy of 2 and already winding me keeping up with him, I'm 37 now if I don't quit I won't be able to keep up with him down the line. Food has already started to taste enhanced, and the extra money means more figures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom