• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Yes it is the Hot Toys one. Did you open it up to make sure it's complete yet, a few people on sideshow freaks had a few missing pieces like the jaw pistons or missing hoses, worth checking it out if you haven't already.

Thanks, it was a 23 year habit, and I never "quit" more then a day. So far so good, my main motivation is to be a half decent father to my son, he's a couple days shy of 2 and already winding me keeping up with him, I'm 37 now if I don't quit I won't be able to keep up with him down the line. Food has already started to taste enhanced, and the extra money means more figures...

Really? Did it matter if it was SS exclusive or not? I have the SS exclusive one. I'll need to check this weekend

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Really? Did it matter if it was SS exclusive or not? I have the SS exclusive one. I'll need to check this weekend
Some people were getting the sideshow exclusive with only one gun. Yeah, check it out.

OMG, If you spent all of that cigarette money on figures, just think of how many figures that translates to. Probably all of them. Ever.

£224 a month on cigarettes, then again they only started getting too expensive in the last few years. Literally tons of money up in smoke, can't regret it though, only moving forward one day at a time.

Welcome to today's episode of things Megahouse should be doing that would make me like them, but they aren't: Paint this!

qyg8oa3.jpg

They even bothered to sculpt the Gates of Babylon, which admittedly, may be the reason it's taking ages to see any signs of life.

£224 a month on cigarettes, then again they only started getting too expensive in the last few years. Literally tons of money up in smoke, can't regret it though, only moving forward one day at a time.

I don't even dare add up what my cocaine habit is costing me.
Congrats on quitting!

NEO0MJ

So, anyone picking up the Riobot Blodia figure?

02.jpg

It's in stock at amiami. Comes in two colors (red and blue) and it looks fantastic, plus it contains die-cast.

LiK

Some people were getting the sideshow exclusive with only one gun. Yeah, check it out.

didn't take it out of the foam but it looks like nothing is missing or broken. second gun is there. seems fine so far. will do a more thorough inspection when i find a place to display it.

Man, it looks gorgeous. The sculpt is even more accurate than the 1/4 statue from SS that i also have.

Just paid for my Mystique bishoujo from AmiAmi. I figured it was time to pick her up since she's seemingly starting to get a bit scarce / pricey.

Cheska

well its not just one figure. Mitsuru is combined with other figures so its holding back all of them rofl.

I know, that's part of the reason I want her to ship. That's why I mentioned earlier how bummed I was that I combined so much with her:

ALTER Jude
ALTER Aigis
ALTER Selvaria
Megahouse Rise
and Mitsuru...

Yeah, you guys don't want to know how much that order is going to run ;_;

AND I have another order coming in from Plamoya. AHHH!

What's the most you guys have spent in a month on figures?

I know, that's part of the reason I want her to ship. That's why I mentioned earlier how bummed I was that I combined so much with her:

ALTER Jude
ALTER Aigis
ALTER Selvaria
Megahouse Rise
and Mitsuru...

Yeah, you guys don't want to know how much that order is going to run ;_;

AND I have another order coming in from Plamoya. AHHH!

What's the most you guys have spent in a month on figures?

maybe august...now that I think about it.

Lucifer
Leviathan
Madoka
Irma
collet

Bombless

Mom ended up picking Princess of the Crystal off HS' bargain bin along with Koto's Shining Hearts Maxima (re-release preorder).

And we started fighting over who would grab Koto's Dark Angel Olivia. I suspect both of us will buy her lol.

So yeah, turns out Ginpachi is Megatrea shop exclusive. I don't know if that was already know.

ginpachi_main.jpg

Not listed on proxy sites yet.

--------

Bombless your Mum has taste. POTC is great. Her shipping price pretty much condemned her to the bargain bin though.

Bombless

POTC is great. Her shipping price pretty much condemned her to the bargain bin though.

Yeah, that was a defining factor between GSC and Alter's versions. Those were her first purchases on her own too, she just asked me to be with her when she does in order to avoid any mistakes. So proud of her /tear.

RocBase

I guess this isn't really exclusive to figure collecting, but what's the most affordable Japanese proxy out there? Every time I use From Japan because it's the only one I really know, I cry at the outright robbery on the shipping rates. It makes no sense how EMS is cheaper than Airmail, let alone SAL.

Aytrial

Yeah, that was a defining factor between GSC and Alter's versions. Those were her first purchases on her own too, she just asked me to be with her when she does in order to avoid any mistakes. So proud of her /tear.

You're so gonna be the reason she goes bankrupt.

Noticed Jotaro had a restock yesterday at Hobby Search so I grabbed at the opportunity to snag it. I think I bought the last one, because it's out of stock today.

10225823.jpg

Random question: has anyone been able to get their tracking number for the Snow Miku to work, or is it just a matter of cross your fingers and pray at this point?

Jube3

I received Flash and Batman ArtFX+ statues today as a birthday present from friends. I really like this line of statues from kotobukiya, especially for the price. They stand at about 6-7 inches tall and have a combined metallic and matte finish (Batmans cowl is a flat black while his suit is metallic/gunmetal). Definitely going to round out the collection by picking up Aquaman, Superman and Wonder woman. If anyone is interested they run anywhere from 30-40 bucks each.

Took a quick picture
9634496884_d59d95ecd9_z.jpg

you can still get her for like 120~ before shipping I think.

Also more images of new jubei on 2chan

Eh. I just bought three Samurai Girls figures and bishoujo Mystique in the last seven days. Don't wanna spend another $100 on one figure.

New Jubei is alright. I just finished the series last night. The conclusion seemed a bit rushed, and Samurai Bride Jubei was just a mish-mosh of elements taken from all of the other Master Samurai. I liked the series, though. Not really feeling the figure. Especially for the price. She's exclusive, isn't she? Just like Maeda Keiji?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom