• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocBase

I hadnt initially planned on getting him, but then the painted version pics and how popular he was made ne rush to preorder. First time ive seen one sell out in hours, at least utapri lasted a few days.

I want a kise!
Same here actually, I even thought the paint job was a damn good shoop originally. At least you managed to secure your copy haha.

Supposedly this isn't part of the GEM line, but a KnB line all to itself? So there'll probably be figs of the other guys.

Nice Free! icon btw. They should show Haru's prototype already!

chrono01

I'm only 10 episodes into Steins;Gate. I do enjoy the dynamic between Okabe and Kurisu, but I don't think their character designs really strike out at me.

Does the Sword Art Online anime actually follow the light novels completely?
Can't say since I didn't read them. It appears as though Giolon already answered, though, so all is well!

Guys, which Elizabeth do I order? ._.
Blue. It's her canon color, after all!

Blue.

Now tell me which Asuna to order. THERE ARE SO MANY!
I haven't seen GSC's in-person [obviously], but for me it's between that and Kotobukiya.

I can speak of Kotobukiya, though, since I own her. Hse turned out great, and I love the pose/base. Some feel the sculpt they chose for GSC is awkward, although I don't personally mind it. Kotobukiya's is also cheaper and available now, so that might help your decision.

I can speak of Kotobukiya, though, since I own her. Hse turned out great, and I love the pose/base. Some feel the sculpt they chose for GSC is awkward, although I don't personally mind it. Kotobukiya's is also cheaper and available now, so that might help your decision.

I'm leaning towards the Koto anyway, because 1) they've been putting out really good pieces lately, and 2) I don't really wanna commit to an April figure like GSC Asuna when I don't know what else is coming out that month.

Bombless

Koto's Asuna looks the best out of the lot imo, even though I find the pose a bit weird. In fact pretty much all the 1/8 Asunas seem oddly posed to me.

Edit : Slightly OT but finished the anime a few hours ago. Whoever wrote this played a heckton of MMOs, the 1st half had so many "been there, done that" moments, enjoyed that very much. Second half is less good, yeah, but overall I liked it.

Bombless

It is now the 17th of September and still no news of any of my preorders. This isn't looking good, ESPECIALLY for Phat's Bayonetta...

Edit : That's the 2 Samus (figma + zero suit), Dark Elf and Bayonetta.

It is now the 17th of September and still no news of any of my preorders. This isn't looking good, ESPECIALLY for Phat's Bayonetta...

My Zero Suit Samus is still showing not-in-stock, but it isn't late-Sept yet. She's a re-issue, so I'd be surprised if she got hit with a delay.

Hey guys, I ended up locking my amiami account since I enter the wrong password too many times :/ and I dont remember my secret answer as well. I tried emailing amiami, any idea how long till they answer back?

Dark Elf suppose to come out at the end of Sept right? Haven't heard otherwise.

Sorry guys:

Shipping out from GSC on the 25th September (Wed):
Phat! Company - Twin Pack: Yozora Mikaduki & Sena Kashiwazaki
Phat! Company - Twin Pack+: Yoko & Nia + Boota PSG Arrange ver.
Phat! Company - Magical Nia
Phat! Company - Katsuragi
Max Factory - Mana Miyuki
Max Factory - Samus Aran: Zero Suit Ver. (Rerelease)

Shipping out from GSC on the 26th September (Thurs):
Penguin Parade - Petanko Kurisu Makise
On sale from the 27th September (Fri):
Max Factory - figma KAITO

The following products have had their release dates changed:

Changed to October 2013
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Demon King
Max Factory - Kuroyukihime ~Death by Embracing~
Max Factory - figma Link (Rerelease)
Max Factory - figma Samus Aran (Rerelease)
Max Factory - Belldandy with Holy Bell
Max Factory - Dark Elf
Max Factory - Dark Elf: Brown Skin ver.
Penguin Parade - Petanko Yu Narukami
Penguin Parade - Petanko Rise Kujikawa
Phat! Company - Nendoroid Yoshika Miyafuji: Shinden Ver.
Phat! Company - Bayonetta

Double pooooooooost. Noel is up for pre-order on the 20th:

3687d3e5-s.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/vertexblog/archives/32802589.html

johnsmith

remember me
Sorry guys:

The following products have had their release dates changed:

Changed to October 2013
Max Factory - Dark Elf
Damn, that's a lot of delays for me, but glad I get to split up my September orders over 2 months.

All I have for September now is Megahouse Chie and Taito Elizabeth. Hopefully Chie doesn't get delayed again.

The nipples still bug me. Everything else looks quite nice though.

I don't mind, I am more worried about the pose and the peg. If the peg is a metal peg then those worries are gone. If not then it will break >_> and she will fall.

Agon1379384126.jpeg

can anybody tell if that peg has a metal or plastic rod in it? I can't tell really.

Moving into a new flat so I can no longer order/afford figures till at least December :(

I had to cancel all the ones in-between, My almost £500 September order is now just a Samus Figma ;_;

See you guys when my Tsukihi Araragi arrives.

Thanks for answering my questions.

I don't mind, I am more worried about the pose and the peg. If the peg is a metal peg then those worries are gone. If not then it will break >_> and she will fall.

Agon1379384126.jpeg

can anybody tell if that peg has a metal or plastic rod in it? I can't tell really.
Dam I hope that's plastic too. I didn't see a complete pic till u posted this. Leaning problems are only the beginning for that figure if its a plastic peg. Even with a metal peg that base has to be able to hold the weight of the figure too or else you'll stillhave leaning Issues

Moving into a new flat so I can no longer order/afford figures till at least December :(

I had to cancel all the ones in-between, My almost £500 September order is now just a Samus Figma ;_;

See you guys when my Tsukihi Araragi arrives.

But what psylocke, dizzy re-release and more importantly tharja. Lol j/k. Just look at the positive side, you get a new place to design your figure display however you want. Its a fresh start

Bombless

Changed to October 2013
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Demon King
Max Factory - Kuroyukihime ~Death by Embracing~
Max Factory - figma Link (Rerelease)
Max Factory - Belldandy with Holy Bell
Max Factory - Dark Elf
Phat! Company - Nendoroid Yoshika Miyafuji: Shinden Ver.
Phat! Company - Bayonetta

Well I just had to open my mouth didn't I :( Seriously, what the hell is wrong with Bayonetta.

LiK

Update to my Toymunkey situation.

After I filed a claim with Paypal, they emailed me to send them shipping fee and asked me to delete the claim with them. Well, I requested they give me a secure link to give them my CC info cuz they wanted me to post it including the security code in an EMAIL. What?

Anyway, I refused to delete my claim but I was willing to pay for shipping to get this done. Told them I would delete the claim when I received the statue. They never followed up after that.

So today, Paypal emailed me and said they found the claim in my favor and I will be refunded in 5 days. So good news there. I was also able to preorder the statue from BBTS so fuck buying from Toymunkey directly.

So today, Paypal emailed me and said they found the claim in my favor and I will be refunded in 5 days. So good news there. I was also able to preorder the statue from BBTS so fuck buying from Toymunkey directly.

Yeah, fuck those fuckers. Glad it worked out for you.

LiK

Yeah, fuck those fuckers. Glad it worked out for you.
seriously, they're such noobs in this situation. Asking people who submitted claims to cancel their claims and pay for shipping and giving them CC info without a secure link. The shipping fee wasn't even advertised on their site originally either so that was extra stupid.

Just bad business all around. Hope Paypal limits their account as punishment.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Dam I hope that's plastic too. I didn't see a complete pic till u posted this. Leaning problems are only the beginning for that figure if its a plastic peg. Even with a metal peg that base has to be able to hold the weight of the figure too or else you'll stillhave leaning Issues

But what psylocke, dizzy re-release and more importantly tharja. Lol j/k. Just look at the positive side, you get a new place to design your figure display however you want. Its a fresh start

leaning won't be an issue for solid companies.

Toki767

I'll probably get that Noel figure since her CT/CS figure is $200 now. Though that's the one I really wanted.

There's this Kenshin figure for 5000 yen on Mandarake that I'm tempted to get, but the pose is pretty much the same as Milla's figure so I'm having second thoughts. Plus it's Megahouse and they always seem to be very hit or miss. I hate making difficult choices.

Anything cool up for preorder this week? Last week was exciting!

Browsing MFC and look at all the draft versions of OP Figuarts. I ope the rest of the Supernovas get released....

Bombless

Well, time for me to turn that frown upside down. Figma Asuna + Kirito ordered from Nippon Yasan.

That's the good thing about delays, freeing money for moar orders!

If I weren't lazy I'd make a dolan meme about him going to amiami, then coming out saying "everything was delayed."

I wonder how this chaos is affecting my monthly amiami order. I guess they'll just lop off the delays and ship whatever's left?

That's 3 figures delayed for me. Not counting Alter stuff because the release for those is too vague. "From September" lol

If I weren't lazy I'd make a dolan meme about him going to amiami, then coming out saying "everything was delayed."

I wonder how this chaos is affecting my monthly amiami order. I guess they'll just lop off the delays and ship whatever's left?

They'll do exactly that. I've had Alter's Raven moved to and sitting in his own order for a while now because of all the delays.

Nothing of value is really being lost, the face was awful sadly. :(

That's a bit harsh. I'd say the face is on a level with most bishoujos and those are popular. The pose and detail are pretty great. Or would be if the figure wasn't vaporware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom