• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky

3687d3e5-s.jpg

Ruined by nipples.

I couldn't ever imagine a world where I'd say that, but there it is... :/

I'll probably get that Noel figure since her CT/CS figure is $200 now. Though that's the one I really wanted.

I was thinking about getting her, but there are a few things I'm not a huge fan of. That ankle, for one. A lot is going to depend on price. I mean, if she's over $70, which she no-doubt will be, then forget it.

The PHAT Bayo figure is never coming out right? Delayed forever.

At this point they might as well give her a haircut and brand it as a Bayonetta 2 item. It may be out in time for the second game's release!

Toki767

I was thinking about getting her, but there are a few things I'm not a huge fan of. That ankle, for one. A lot is going to depend on price. I mean, if she's over $70, which she no-doubt will be, then forget it.
I'm thinking she'll probably settle for around $60 in the used market.

johnsmith

remember me

Her left leg has an insane bend. Is she part horse or something? Human legs don't bend that way.

They tried to base it off the one CP artwork of her but they messed up on the legs, added nipples, and changed her face.

dxLn2ja.png

I was going to say that I remember seeing that pose before.

The leg does look kind of weird. Apparently there are people who can bend their knees at a 90 degree angle and spin their leg so their heel is right in front of their face but I kind of doubt Noel can do that.

Also she seems to look a bit thin compared to the artwork.

It's still a good figure imo despite the flaws.

chrono01

As much as I love nipples [and I do love them!] it just doesn't suit that Noel figure. :(

I'll probably still grab her if she's priced right [although I personally feel a 9,000+ yen price is incoming...] since I need a Noel in my collection and this will probably be the only "other" one [since the original Hobby Japan one is so pricey] we'll likely get for a long while.

As much as I love nipples [and I do love them!] it just doesn't suit that Noel figure. :(

I'll probably still grab her if she's priced right [although I personally feel a 9,000+ yen price is incoming...] since I need a Noel in my collection and this will probably be the only "other" one [since the original Hobby Japan one is so pricey] we'll likely get for a long while.

130979.jpg

was 7700~ same company so I assume the price will be similar

Toki767

Vertex's standard suggested pricing on 1/8 figures is always 8800 yen I think. Their 1/7 figure pricing is 12000 yen.

Just need a site to give a decent discount.

Bombless

HahaOhWow.jpg at those Playarts. Though that's a pot vs kettle issue here since I bought Wonder Woman and have the 2 Captain Harlock ones on preorder. Those will be my last however.

Edit : About Noel....I think she just got kicked by Steven Seagal.

I have this Noel XD from CE Blazblue via Zen United store:
29081.jpg

Bombless

I hate watching 80s anime then realising there's figures of them out there that I can get but their prices are way up (the Knights Saber in this particular case).

Giolon

Jesus Christ, wtf is wrong with Square-Enix? Play Arts Kai figures were overpriced when they were 5500 yen. I balked at Guile being 7800 yen and didn't buy until I could get him for ~$55 domestically. Now they want 11000 yen? Get out of here.

Jesus Christ, wtf is wrong with Square-Enix? Play Arts Kai figures were overpriced when they were 5500 yen. I balked at Guile being 7800 yen and didn't buy until I could get him for ~$55 domestically. Now they want 11000 yen? Get out of here.

I don't know, but those new PAK figures look like colossal pieces of shit. I understand changing up the designs a bit but.... wow.

zero suit is still sept

For now, lolololol.

LiK

yup, really wanted the Warrior of Light. Not anymore.

Yeah, I know. And it's Max Factory, not Alter. Though it looks like that Black Hanekawa reissue I want is going to get hit with another delay. How can Alter fuck up reissues?

well GSC tends to have delays as well. I mean look at Bayonetta .

Also I just scored an 8.7k haruhi

FIG-MOE-0385.jpg

yusssssss

meijiko

Belldandy got delayed. I can't say whether or not I'm disappointed. I kind of wanted her behind me so I wouldn't have to worry anymore, but October is okay still.

If she gets delayed to November, though, that puts her with RAH Link, which I do not want.

I wonder if we'll ever see Alter's Melty or Suzuha.

Because its ugly and tacky?

I didn't think it was that bad. :(

What are the limits you guys put in terms of sexual/ecchi figures. Like is castoff a nogo even if you don't display it? Native offlimits?

I generally don't buy bikini figures or things of that nature. Cast-offs are alright, as I wouldn't display them in the nude anyhow.

Though I think my limits on overly-sexualized figures have taken a hit since I saw that figure over at HLJ of a chick getting boned by a dog. Because no matter what I buy, at least it isn't that.

Bombless

Because its ugly and tacky?

I'd settle with tasteless, but eh.

Regarding limits, I don't have any but at the same time I'm not into nude or almost nude figures unless it's part of a source material I'm interested in. Same with bikini figures. Cast-offs simply stay on (getting closer and closer to ordering that school council vice president heh).

for me i have no issues with nudity and/or sexuality unless its really out there. Bikini figures are totally fine (villetta nu). I have the kos mos one as well since I got that for like 5k and I didn't want to pay like 15k for the other one.

I do have sasaki, but I didn't get her because she was topless. I just like the whole design and colors. It just worked well.

this reminds me.

What are the limits you guys put in terms of sexual/ecchi figures. Like is castoff a nogo even if you don't display it? Native offlimits?

I'm curious.

I own Sasaki Kotone and she's displayed in a detolf. She's one of the best, highest quality figures I've got. My housemates were as impressed with her as Saber bike when they both arrived last week(fuck the shipping cost on those monster boxes). Being an artist has always seemed to afford me some leeway in that regard though. I have trays full of nude life drawings and reference photographs laying around in my office, so a small pair of sculpted boobs doesn't surprise or offend anybody.

If I had a limit it would just be figures I don't like. Native has done some great stuff and some bizarre and tacky stuff, so I don't feel the need to regulate beyond what appeals to me. For example, I don't like the nipples on that Noel figure despite the result not being all that sexual in the grand scheme of things, because they aren't visible in the original artwork.

Regarding limits, I don't have any but at the same time I'm not into nude or almost nude figures unless it's part of a source material I'm interested in. Same with bikini figures. Cast-offs simply stay on (getting closer and closer to ordering that school council vice president heh).

Which one? The standard or the catsuit version? I like them both, but I almost pulled the trigger on the currently available school uniform version. But then I saw some pics of her on MFC. There are some pretty nasty seams on that figure. They're under the clothes, so you won't see them unless you display her nekkid, but still. For a $90-ish figure, that's unacceptable.

Catsuit version is appealing, but the price is a bit steep.

sca2511

I'm kind of excited for the upcoming Spider-Man statue by J Scott Campbell. Would be the last pre-order to complete the trio and also finally obtain a statue for my favorite hero.

As for limits, I'd be open to owning a nude figure if it was tasteful/amazing art. Would likely have to discuss it with my girlfriend though, haha. I do have a castoff, the Sigrid of the Thorn. I like the design with the clothes on since it's a bit tacky in the nude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom