• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding. And they're unpainted, too.
I would still pay the $25 for this if they weren't sold out.
FIGURE-001702.jpg

Still crazy for a figure that is unpainted and around an inch tall.

$55 for
FIGURE-001700.jpg

is ridiculous though.

Would still like to have them to go with my models though.
I will be ready for Saunders hopefully.

sca2511

Didn't know the Spidey half-revealed mask was a Sideshow exclusive. Also, really want the Unlimited Blade Works Rin and Saber Lily WonderFes Exclusive (saw them pop up on alert), but I guess I'll wait till next year.

Has anyone ordered from ToyWiz before?

LiK

Didn't know the Spidey half-revealed mask was a Sideshow exclusive. Also, really want the Unlimited Blade Works Rin and Saber Lily WonderFes Exclusive (saw them pop up on alert), but I guess I'll wait till next year.

ToyWiz is legit but their stuff is almost always way overpriced. I think of them as eBay sellers.

RocBase

I don't get what the big deal is about the Dizzy recolor? If she had that awful green red christmas scheme I'd probably understand the barfing but here she just looks like Millia.

Ken

that hot toys batman w/ shark repellant is amazing

used to order cards from them. they're legit.

sca2511

I live about a half-hour away from them. It's also my comic shop. They have a retail store and a warehouse. Online orders most likely go through the warehouse. That said, like LiK said, figures and stuff are way overpriced.

ToyWiz is legit but their stuff is almost always way overpriced. I think of them as eBay sellers.

Was thinking of buying MJ and Gwen from them rather than Sideshow since they don't have any exclusive features and there would be no tax, plus they're selling for the same price.

kewlmyc

No, these are prize figures from Sunny Side Up, but Megahouse has been making the most Persona scaled figures lately and they've been mostly awful.

I bought the Yu one. Haven't opened yet since I'm going to be moving within the year. How bad is it? Looks fine from outside the box.

Toki767

Mandarake changed the layout of their site. The name of the figures gets cut off unless you click to see the details now. I wish they didn't change it. Now I have to pay attention to the photo posted instead of the name used.

Giolon

Mandarake changed the layout of their site. The name of the figures gets cut off unless you click to see the details now. I wish they didn't change it. Now I have to pay attention to the photo posted instead of the name used.

Change your view settings to "List All with Image"

Have people seen the new fiona pics on plastikitty, she looks gorgeous. Don't know anything about the character though so I passed.

I'm actually not digging the half mask. It doesn't really make sense for the pose.

They are great besides their prices(I think they base them around Ebay prices for older or rarer stuff.)

chrono01

oh my god, oh my god, I think I need this:

I've never bought anything from Phat before. Are they decent?
Seriously, that came out of nowhere. I'm impressed with this!

I own a few figures from Phat [mostly the Senran Kagura ones] and they're fine. Not amazing by any means, but I see nothing wrong with them personally. It's expensive, but I might be willing to pre-order her anyway. At least it's an April 2014 release...

I don't know anything about God Eater. Maybe I should change that.
I'm tempted to pre-order her as well. She looks great.

Both are up at AmiAmi!

Swamp Witch [10,490 yen]:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002324&page=top

Alisa [9,520 yen]:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002327&page=top

Also Noel [7,690 yen]:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002323&page=top

I'll ponder these pre-orders before I do anything reckless!

Seriously, that came out of nowhere. I'm impressed with this!

I own a few figures from Phat [mostly the Senran Kagura ones] and they're fine. Not amazing by any means, but I see nothing wrong with them personally. It's expensive, but I might be willing to pre-order her anyway. At least it's an April 2014 release..

I saw pics of the sculpt as part of Tomopop's Wonderfest coverage, but I didn't see a completed figure until just now. And wow, I'm impressed. I was planning to pick up the game when it releases in North America, anyway.

chrono01

I saw pics of the sculpt as part of Tomopop's Wonderfest coverage, but I didn't see a completed figure until just now. And wow, I'm impressed. I was planning to pick up the game when it releases in North America, anyway.
I'm picking up the game as well. I've seen a small play-through of it on NicoNico and it looks like a lot of fun.

It's pricey for a 1/8 scale but then I've pre-ordered others around that price. The detail is incredible, and I'm really loving how much color it has. It's so unique too.

I'm picking up the game as well. I've seen a small play-through of it on NicoNico and it looks like a lot of fun.

It's pricey for a 1/8 scale but then I've pre-ordered others around that price. The detail is incredible, and I'm really loving how much color it has. It's so unique too.

its the base that making it cost so much. The amount of PVC is kinda ridic.

Honestly she won't get released till probably sept. Phat company has post-posted bayonetta for like 4-6 months already?

edit

Alisa has a metal peg! YESS Less worry about peg breakage.

does it go through most of their legs or just their feet?

for the strike witches its about l------l in give or take.

Saber is about the same as well I believe. No issues with either figures and they look plenty stable

.It looks like they took steady care due to the stand for the weapon to help ease the weight of the pvc.

edit
upon further inspection, kinda worried about metallica peg placements.

edit 2
I also predict EMS only for it. That or a very tight fit with sal reg.

It looks fine to me. She looks like she has about three support points. Did you look at how one of her pigtails is pretty much attached to the pommel / hilt of the sword?

ah

So broom, minions and hilt. I feel a lot better about it now. Now the only question left is, will it hit the bargain bin due to EMS (if it is)

Put my Hot Toys on Pre order in a spread sheet so I can track payments and arrival times...I'm sadly going to have to cancel some. It would be too stupid to spend all that at one time with so much overlap. Thinking of just enjoying my Iron Man MKVII, screw his suits.

What sucks for me is a lot of the ones I want overlap with each other(Tonto, 1966 Batman and Robin, The Crow).

The problem with Flex pay is the charge dates to choose from are only 5 days a part from one another, so if you pre order a bunch, you're still paying SOMETHING every 5 days. I wish I could push products out a month without the fear of them being sold out (I doubt Tonto will, but I'm betting Batman and Robin will)

You know how I know I'm getting old? I know that even though I can afford this, I shouldn't do this.

Jayhawk

They keep making these cast off figures of Celia from Walkure Romanze where she has barely any clothes to begin with. I wish they didn't stop making figures of her with a normal outfit.

so i'll PO noel, metallica, and probably alisa. I'll wait on alisa since I know it won't sell out with that price and april release.

I also manage to get a copy of catlap (native nsfw) mandarake obviously.

Toki767

Noel discount is too low for me for something that seems off. Especially for a figure releasing in December. I might need that Christmas money for gifts. Guess I'll pass for now and see how she sells for by January.

Arveene

Neo Member
So I'm mostly settled into my new place. I cleaned my cases and just have one more to set up. Even with six cases, I won't have nearly enough room. I think I'll have to add more along the wall to the left.

cgih.jpg

jtzr.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pictures, there's still some boxes int he way.

Metallica is way too busy.

Pretty much. It's always nice to see more elaborate works being put out, but the composition kills it for me.

I wish I had space for so many detolf shelves.

How good are Sentinel's figures? This Levi figure just popped up.

The only Sentinel figure I own is the Gurren Lagann Riobot, which is good quality. I don't know if that translates into their scale work.

Bombless

I've been holding off for ages and then last night I found myself putting two orders in on AmiAmi. Well to be fair I have been deliberating on one of the figs for months so some thought went into it.

I take great pleasure to welcome more into the club, makes me feel better about the terrible things I do for the hobby muhahaha.

I second the question about which figures though!

Edit : One thing I've realised about the Detolfs : I hate having figures displayed so close to the ground. I will try to set them ontop of a low closet or something, gaining some storage space for other stuff in the process, prolly dvds/games.

I would still pay the $25 for this if they weren't sold out.
Still crazy for a figure that is unpainted and around an inch tall.

Would still like to have them to go with my models though.
I will be ready for Saunders hopefully.

The one and only Girls und Panzers thing I'm waiting on is this
1006282_422696327848017_621192909_n.jpg

sky

Metallica looks really cool. She's busy, but there's so much interesting stuff to look at. It's nice to see more unique setups like this now and then...

Bombless

Wait, is that official or just 'what if' prototype companies do sometimes?
That tank has to be huge at figma scale.

EDIT:
Hang on.... Figma INDIANA JONES!!
how did I miss all this? I check figure news every day.

It was a WonFest display this summer. They better sell it once the figmas are released or there will be BLOOD ON THE STREETS!

But no, no official news about it sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom