• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubius01

Well my wallet hates me today. Just got a 5S, and now I find out that AmiAmi has Alisa, Noel and Metallica up for preorder. Got to make a sacrifice. I'm thinking on passing on Noel because her nipples kinda freak me out.

Bombless

Somehow I missed figma Kaito coming out next week. Grabbed him and a preowned Luka from Amiami. I'm not going to leave Miku 2.0 all alone!

I was pondering getting Rin and Len as well but decided against it. They seem to look much worse (which is not surprising given they came out in 2008).

With so many figmas coming my way I guess it's time to start looking into possible props for them all.

As if my wallet wasn't suffering enough haha.

RMI

Banned
Rin and Len look really bad. I hope that after Kaito they do Meiko and then maybe some new Rin and Len and Luka.

Right now I just have Miku, Append Miku, and Luka, and of the three Append Miku is definitely my favorite. Maybe Miku 2.0 will change my mind, though. That guitar accessory is pretty cute.

Bombless

Rin and Len look really bad. I hope that after Kaito they do Meiko and then maybe some new Rin and Len and Luka.

Right now I just have Miku, Append Miku, and Luka, and of the three Append Miku is definitely my favorite. Maybe Miku 2.0 will change my mind, though. That guitar accessory is pretty cute.

And the wings! I'm also counting on Meiko and a Rin/Len resculpt.

chrono01

I keep going back to AmiAmi and debating whether I should pre-order Swamp Witch and Noel.

I know it's still a ways off from release, and Swamp Witch will likely be delayed a couple times, but I'm still not 100% convinced. I own a couple figures from Phat [Hibari, Ikaruga, Caster] and they're great. I have confidence that they will pull off a great figure, but she's still slightly expensive. Although, that attention to detail! It also bothers me that I'm not even sure if I'll enjoy the game she's based on. I've seen a lot of it and it looks great, but you never really know until you play it for yourself.

As for Noel, she looks incredible aside from that "broken" leg. The tight-shirt/nipples don't even bother me that much, I just can't overlook that leg. Still, it's Noel and this will likely be one of the few scaled PVC figures we'll ever get. *sigh*

I'll make up my mind in the next few days. Alisa looks great too. I'm tempted to pre-order em' all!

Edit - Also nice purchase on Cat Lap Milk, Ragingnight. She looks amazing. I should [hopefully] receive mine Monday!

I keep going back to AmiAmi and debating whether I should pre-order Swamp Witch and Noel.

Swamp Witch, fuck yes. Noel, nah. Weird leg and loli-nipples make it a no-go.

I'm definitely tempted to get Alisa, too. The likelihood of a Metallica delay makes it even more tempting.

Edit - Also nice purchase on Cat Lap Milk, Ragingnight. She looks amazing. I should [hopefully] receive mine Monday!

Does anyone still have her in stock? I'm tempted, but I'm not sure because tits.

Edit: Holy fucking shit-cock... N-Y wants $185 for her. lolololololol

chrono01

Swamp Witch, fuck yes. Noel, nah. Weird leg and loli-nipples make it a no-go.

I'm definitely tempted to get Alisa, too. The likelihood of a Metallica delay makes it even more tempting.

Does anyone still have her in stock? I'm tempted, but I'm not sure because tits.
Yeah I'm pretty much a 100% on Swamp Witch. I keep looking at pictures of her and she looks beautiful. Unique, nicely-colored with a lot of variation, and a great sculpt. I'm nearly sold!

As for Cat Lap Milk, N-Y has her in-stock but be warned. She is expensive! I'm talking 18,000+ yen expensive.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en...ion-cat-lap-milk-edition-limitee.html&force=1

Apparently she goes for the same on Mandarake and other similar sites. I paid a little over 13,000 yen for mine from BIJ many months back during the initial pre-order. I can see her price increasing even more as time goes on. >_<

Edit - It seems as though you've already discovered about N-Y. Yeah, she is costly for sure!

Yeah I'm pretty much a 100% on Swamp Witch. I keep looking at pictures of her and she looks beautiful. Unique, nicely-colored with a lot of variation, and a great sculpt. I'm nearly sold!

Well, look at it this way... I'm being much more careful about what figures I order now, and I caved in like, five minutes. If that's not an endorsement...

As for Cat Lap Milk, N-Y has her in-stock but be warned. She is expensive! I'm talking 18,000+ yen expensive

Yeah, that's waaaaay too much. Especially for something I'm wishy-washy on. If I was gonna go that high, I would just buy 2020 Samurai or Bounty Hunter Yoko.

chrono01

Well, look at it this way... I'm being much more careful about what figures I order now, and I caved in like, five minutes. If that's not an endorsement...
Haha, true enough! You have convinced me, sir! I shall pre-order her tonight! I'll give Alisa some more thought, and as for Noel...I saw some really up-close pictures of her sculpt and noticed some issues. I know, looking up-close with any figure you're likely to see inconsistencies, but that damn leg is bothering me too much!!

Yeah, that's waaaaay too much. Especially for something I'm wishy-washy on. If I was gonna go that high, I would just buy 2020 Samurai or Bounty Hunter Yoko.
If you're already debating the purchase, as you said it's probably better to leave it be. I personally love her sculpt [even with the NSFW-nature of it], since it has the trifecta of fetishes.

Cat Girl
Maid
Shimapan

However, I know the asking price is a lot and it's even more-so if you're not 100% sure on her.

If you're already debating the purchase, as you said it's probably better to leave it be. I personally love her sculpt [even with the NSFW-nature of it], since it has the trifecta of fetishes.

However, if they deliver a good figure based on this:

144562.jpg

... I will pre-order the fuck out of it.

18.5k already, brutal. Don't sleep on Native pre-orders. Unless you're me and you steal one of your friend's two pre-orders a week before release :p

I paid aftermarket for Sasaki and Misa-nee though. 16 and 13.5k respectively. Whatevs, worth it. Misa was combined with Max Factory Xiao Mei and is on the way now, since amiami finally moved Belldandy out of my order.

Edit: Why aren't NY scalping Insane Black Rock Shooter yet? Only HS and HLJ have put up leftover stock so far. Come on BiJ!

chrono01

However, if they deliver a good figure based on this:

... I will pre-order the fuck out of it.
Agreed. If they manage a great sculpt [which I'm sure they will] that will be an instant pre-order.

Edit: Why aren't NY scalping Insane Black Rock Shooter yet? Only HS and HLJ have put up leftover stock so far. Come on BiJ!
Not sure. Is she in-demand or something?

I haven't seen much since she was only recently released and mine hasn't been shipped yet [due to other figures not yet released from my AmiAmi combined order]. I'm not looking forward to her shipping cost, though...

Not sure. Is she in-demand or something?

I haven't seen much since she was only recently released and mine hasn't been shipped yet [due to other figures not yet released from my AmiAmi combined order]. I'm not looking forward to her shipping cost, though...

There's some hype now that she's released, since pictures suggest everything turned out really well. It just seems like a stretch that a figure with that box/shipping cost(41 x 40.5 x 23.5 cm / 1873g) has no leftover stock on NY, amiami or BiJ. I thought NY actually ordered more on purpose just to scalp.

Ah well, if nothing turns up on my preferred sites soon I'll go with HS. Also, somebody posted the shipping cost to Canada on MFC if you don't want to be surprised later :p

DOUBLE POST!

So I just cracked open my priceless Motoko Kusanagi figure. Holy shit, the pegs are waaay too big to fit into the feet. The left wasn't as bad, as it only had one peg, but the right foot.... I eventually had to check MFC, where the comments on the figure page suggested the hot water trick, which worked, thankfully. Great figure, glad I opened her.

She's chillin' on the same shelf with Chelsea and bishoujo Femshep.

DOUBLE POST!

So I just cracked open my priceless Motoko Kusanagi figure. Holy shit, the pegs are waaay too big to fit into the feet. The left wasn't as bad, as it only had one peg, but the right foot.... I eventually had to check MFC, where the comments on the figure page suggested the hot water trick, which worked, thankfully. Great figure, glad I opened her.

She's chillin' on the same shelf with Chelsea and bishoujo Femshep.

I hate it when that happens. Might be tough to free her if you need to take her off the base.

Also need pics to confirm her freedom.

chrono01

Still seems a bit pricey. Do boobars demand premium pricing?
The base cost was 1,000 yen. Then they decided to make her a catgirl so they multiplied the cost by 3x. It was ready to go but then someone thought to make her a maid as well. Numerous screams of joy were heard, and the price doubled. They were just about to begin the sculpt when someone [who is now promoted to a much higher position] suggested that she wear shimapan. Those around cheered in celebration [a few fainted due to the overall "kawaii-ness"] and production began. The cost doubled once more.

That's how it settled at the [near] 12k yen asking price.

The base cost was 1,000 yen. Then they decided to make her a catgirl so they multiplied the cost by 3x. It was ready to go but then someone thought to make her a maid as well. Numerous screams of joy were heard, and the price doubled. They were just about to begin the sculpt when someone [who is now promoted to a much higher position] suggested that she wear shimapan. Those around cheered in celebration [a few fainted due to the overall "kawaii-ness"] and production began. The cost doubled once more.

You know, that really wouldn't surprise me. Because Japan.

Toki767

We need explanations on future figure pricing from now on.

I'll take some tomorrow. She's pretty small, considering the box said she was 1/7 scale.

Still seems a bit pricey. Do boobars demand premium pricing?

It was retail at 8k exclusive. Markup then makes it go to 10-11k min. 8k for a 1/7 fig with alter like quality + alternative body? sounds fair to me.

Now that native has an international store, their figs will be MUCH cheaper. esp with 2k EMS shipping.

The Plum Alisa is up on amiami pre-owned. It's a nice looking figure but my wallet!

Yeah, I saw it early this afternoon. I don't wanna drop that kind of money again this soon after ordering my Black Hanekawa reissue for almost 12k (after shipping), with a 16k-ish order coming soon when AmiAmi requests payment for my Zero Suit Samus and Karen Araragi figures.

I did pre-order the Alphamax Alisa from HLJ. I think I like the pose better on that one, anyway. I just hope they have a metal rod in that leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom