• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went through my closet. Found a small box filled with minimate. kind of makes me wish I should have stayed collecting it. Missed out on Platoon, and Aliens minimates.

I do have some marvel, dc comics stuff, and these.

Few-Dollars-minimates.jpg

0001470_300.jpeg

Edit: I want these!
AliensMinimates.jpg

Trevelyon

So, question on combining monthly orders @ amiami. Say, I have 3 things orders for Feb, one item is now shipping and two have delays. Will that first item just automatically just ship as of March 1st?

Also, how is shipping on those items rescheduled? If I have combined orders for the month it will now release/ship in, will it automatically slot in or will I have to manually combine it with that monthly order.

chrono01

Sansei Muramasa [Amakuni] review:

[NSFW]

http://maruran.bloggeek.jp/archives/42882962.html

She looks great, although the cast-off option is handled pretty poorly. You can cast-off, but you need to cut/destroy her swimsuit to do so, and there's a good chance for paint transfer [as evidenced in the review]. Personally, I never had any intention of casting off her swimsuit, but when the promotional pictures include cast-off pictures, to later find out that it's forced cast-off and not standard, I can imagine how that might anger people. She's also a lot smaller than I thought she'd be, but at least she'll match my current Sansei Muramasa [Max Factory/Wing/etc.].

I'm excited to receive her. Here's hoping N-Y ship mine out soon [can't wait to receive the bonus "clear file" too].

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

[NSFW]

She looks great, although the cast-off option is handled pretty poorly. You can cast-off, but you need to cut/destroy her swimsuit to do so, and there's a good chance for paint transfer [as evidenced in the review]. Personally, I never had any intention of casting off her swimsuit, but when the promotional pictures include cast-off pictures, to later find out that it's forced cast-off and not standard, I can imagine how that might anger people. She's also a lot smaller than I thought she'd be, but at least she'll match my current Sansei Muramasa [Max Factory/Wing/etc.].

I'm excited to receive her. Here's hoping N-Y ship mine out soon [can't wait to receive the bonus "clear file" too].

Ow. Yeah, keep her clothed.

chrono01

Ow. Yeah, keep her clothed.
Most definitely.

Deceptive cast-off advertising is the lowest of the low.
Agreed.

When you advertise one thing but deliver another, that's where the frustration comes from. I didn't order her for the cast-off option, since I love how she looks with the swimsuit on. However, I feel bad for those that did plan on casting off.

I wondered how those removable-clothes thingies work. Not well apparently
Cast-off is usually done a lot better than this, more specifically in releases from Orchid Seed/SkyTube/Native. You can easily swap clothing on/off with little to no trouble.

To tell the truth, Amakuni never was really skilled at cast-off [even their Leviathan has issues with the clothing not coming together properly], so I can't say I'm terribly surprised. I still like them as a manufacturer but, in-regards to cast-off, there are far better companies.

Bombless

I'm currently doing a Sherlock Hound rerun and damn I hope they do the rest of the cast. At least Moriarty, Watson and maybe Mrs. Hudson!

Giolon

Most definitely.

Agreed.

When you advertise one thing but deliver another, that's where the frustration comes from. I didn't order her for the cast-off option, since I love how she looks with the swimsuit on. However, I feel bad for those that did plan on casting off.

Cast-off is usually done a lot better than this, more specifically in releases from Orchid Seed/SkyTube/Native. You can easily swap clothing on/off with little to no trouble.

To tell the truth, Amakuni never was really skilled at cast-off [even their Leviathan has issues with the clothing not coming together properly], so I can't say I'm terribly surprised. I still like them as a manufacturer but, in-regards to cast-off, there are far better companies.

At this point, it's basically not cast off. There are plenty of figures that you can technically remove the clothes of but have to break parts or remove glue in order to do so. There are several One Piece figures that fit in this category, but it's like...why? Even if you just want to see plastic boobies, the glue marks, broken plastic bits and paint transfer stains are hideous.

chrono01

At this point, it's basically not cast off. There are plenty of figures that you can technically remove the clothes of but have to break parts or remove glue in order to do so. There are several One Piece figures that fit in this category, but it's like...why? Even if you just want to see plastic boobies, the glue marks, broken plastic bits and paint transfer stains are hideous.
Yeah, it's more of a forced cast-off. She's detailed underneath, but you need to destroy her clothing to get to that point, hence the "forced" mention. So it's really not a possibility for me. Especially after the paint transfer/glue marks, as you mentioned. It kind of ruins the experience.

As I said, I wasn't going to display her cast-off anyway, but knowing you need to cut her swimsuit to even get to that point? Nah, not happening.

But hey, it's okay for those buying two of her, I guess.

Settin

[NSFW]

I'd display her naked but fuck the lack of a choice. Also fuck the lightening of her skin.

Femto.

Thought I'd share my purchases I made yesterday.

First up is Jubilee.

Next is Commander Shepard.

Lastly, I broke my one rule. I feel dirty.

Nice, I've seen Shepard locally and she has been there for over a year now, I'll probably head down there next week. Hopefully she's still there.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Whelp...took the plunge. Just bought the 2014 SDCC 2014 In Memoriam Exclusives (set of 8). I tried. Desperately tried to resist. Damn little things are sooo cool though.

SPOILER BELOW

Those are awesome, hell of a way to start collecting them too...

I went to look at the MFC pics... *shudders*
"Moolti-pass."
"Kill meeeeeeeee"
Kill it with fire...

[NSFW]

She looks way better in those pics then in her promo pics. The peanut butter skin tone, and the promo pics made it an easy pass, and why I opted for the Orca Toys one, these pics almost made me regret that. The "ruin" the figure cast off option kills it for me though. They sold her with a pictures of her clothes off, she was sculpted to be nude, her boobs aren't too high or squished together like so many other cast off figures.This is a forced cast on figure now, if I was the sculptor I'd be pissed.

That said she's still lovely, best Muramasa to date, and I might still try and nab one in the future if the price doesn't sky rocket.

I'm having no luck tracking down the tanned Mio Shinonome figure though, she released, but stayed sold out on amiami, and everywhere else I looked. Definitely pre-ordering any Daiki Kougyou figure I fancy in the future.

WolfStark

I don't get it why they produce figures with only 5 points of articulation - again! We're not living in the 80s but well, I think they should have get rid of this tiny format anyway. And the barrel-torsos are pretty ugly too.

I don't get it why they produce figures with only 5 points of articulation - again! We're not living in the 80s but well, I think they should have get rid of this tiny format anyway. And the barrel-torsos are pretty ugly too.

Hasbro is just losing it,
Making 5POA because its cheaper yet also doing limited sets of fully articulated 3.75 as well as much more expensive 6" figures even though Star Wars figures have been the same scale since day 1.

Star Wars just doesn't work at 6" imo, kinda like GI JOE(though 12" worked back in the day, it wouldn't now.)

Theonik

To be honest, these all seem to be targeted to 40/50 year olds that reminiscence of the good old days the figures were crap.
It also sounds like Hasbro is able to basically print money given how cheaply something like that can be attained in 2015.
They don't even have to try.

Wanderer5

Thinking about look into this guy:

toy-collectors-panthro-01.png

Love the designs of thundercats 2011, he only like $11 (and doesn't look that bad at all), and I could maybe use a anthropomorphic figure or two.:p

Any recommendations for anthropomorphic articulated figures actually? King Kazma figma look alright but eh.

Ryuuroden

[NSFW]

That is one fine woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom