• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

That is one fine woman
Agreed. You have excellent taste, sir.

She's so good...
It's almost a perfect figure to me but I can't support Amakuni's dumb decisions.
Feels bad man T_T
Also agreed.

I'm still super-excited to receive mine, but I'll admit the whole cast-off thing is a slight negative towards the figure. As I said, it's not a deal-breaker for me since I wasn't going to cast her off, but it's still disappointing to see, especially given her price.

It's hard to say no to that body, though.

Settin

Agreed. You have excellent taste, sir.

Also agreed.

I'm still super-excited to receive mine, but I'll admit the whole cast-off thing is a slight negative towards the figure. As I said, it's not a deal-breaker for me since I wasn't going to cast her off, but it's still disappointing to see, especially given her price.

It's hard to say no to that body, though.

I could forgive the cast-off garbage if they hadn't changed her skin tone. Forget that nonsense.

chrono01

I could forgive the cast-off garbage if they hadn't changed her skin tone. Forget that nonsense.
She's darker than the prototype pictures. I'm happy they didn't go with that color, as that was way too light.

Granted I would have even liked a darker skin-tone, but I'm happy with the way she turned out.

My Dec AmiAmi order is still MIA, last update on Jan 17. At this point I'm just going to assume this happened

BcO6j9Y.jpg

Femto.

You don't live in Columbus, OH do you?

No, I live in Southern California, San Gabriel Valley to be exact. The place I'm referring to is Frank & Sons. Last time I saw her was sometime last summer, haven't been back since. So hopefully she's there, didn't grab her back then because I had little interest in her but now that Tali is being done I'm sure the rest of the female cast will get the bishoujo treatment. I could care less for Liara, I like the character but I didn't like the way the figure's face turned out.

Edit: She was going for $50

Settin

She's darker than the prototype pictures. I'm happy they didn't go with that color, as that was way too light.

Granted I would have even liked a darker skin-tone, but I'm happy with the way she turned out.

Chrono, you're not making this any easier :/
I need to stick to my guns for the sake of chocolate elves everywhere.

No, I live in Southern California, San Gabriel Valley to be exact. The place I'm referring to is Frank & Sons. Last time I saw her was sometime last summer, haven't been back since. So hopefully she's there, didn't grab her back then because I had little interest in her but now that Tali is being done I'm sure the rest of the female cast will get the bishoujo treatment. I could care less for Liara, I like the character but I didn't like the way the figure's face turned out.

Edit: She was going for $50

Bruh! I live in the Southern San Joaquin Valley. If they had multiples and were only like $60 think you could hook a brother up?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sansei Muramasa [Amakuni] review:

[NSFW]

http://maruran.bloggeek.jp/archives/42882962.html

She looks great, although the cast-off option is handled pretty poorly. You can cast-off, but you need to cut/destroy her swimsuit to do so, and there's a good chance for paint transfer [as evidenced in the review]. Personally, I never had any intention of casting off her swimsuit, but when the promotional pictures include cast-off pictures, to later find out that it's forced cast-off and not standard, I can imagine how that might anger people. She's also a lot smaller than I thought she'd be, but at least she'll match my current Sansei Muramasa [Max Factory/Wing/etc.].

I'm excited to receive her. Here's hoping N-Y ship mine out soon [can't wait to receive the bonus "clear file" too].

It's really unfortunate about the castoff. I was never going to anyway, but I feel like they could have implemented in a way that wouldn't damage the figure. She looks great, though, and I'm glad I pre-ordered. It definitely look like they fixed her skin color, too.

Chrono, you're not making this any easier :/
I need to stick to my guns for the sake of chocolate elves everywhere.

One comparison shot with another Muramasa highlights that they didn't really lighten her too badly:
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1227050&ref=item:195023

Acid08

Banned
I don't think mail gets sent by ship so the port strike doesn't affect our figures coming from Japan. ~_~

Wouldn't that depend on shipping method?

I think US based retailers get their stuff by sea since it takes like 2 months for it to arrive. Maybe they're gonna be hit with delays.

Yeah there is a dock strike going on right now.

You don't need to tell me. Store shelves over here look like the day before a massive blizzard. Certain food items haven't been in stock for ages.

I don't think mail gets sent by ship so the port strike doesn't affect our figures coming from Japan. ~_~

I live on an Island in Japan, if I have things sent to my FPO address, it's mailed from Japan tothe US, then sent back to my PO box. If it's small, it's sent by plane and gets here in two weeks. However I keep having AmiAmi orders so big they're split into two giant boxes, and those come by boat.

For some things, I can have it sent directly to my JPN street address, but some sites won't take non-japanese cards.

Wouldn't that depend on shipping method?

I think US based retailers get their stuff by sea since it takes like 2 months for it to arrive. Maybe they're gonna be hit with delays.

well sure for retailers and whatnot that ship via bulk

but for us and our figures? nah.

unless you are ordering from crunchyroll or something than rip your figures

How much did the order cost and how did you ship it?

50,995 JPY after shipping. SAL to an FPO address, so pretty much the slowest way possible. It was shipped Dec. 30. I'm not in the worry range for delivery, but it's just frustrating when I've had most of my shipments from AmiAmi get here in ~2 weeks.

Thinking about this has got me poking around the Jp AmiAmi page again, I'm going to see if I can't find a way to just have it shipped to my apartment. This Japan > US > Japan thing is a joke.

EDIT: I got distracted by the Jp AmiAmi pre-owned pages lol. They have stuff not in the NA pages.

11 more post by CrazyMoonTalk and you should finally be a member =D

There's a quota? lol 99% of my posts have been in FigureGAF

Anyway, after dicking around on Jp AmiAmi for a few minutes, it turns out they do take Visa. I have no idea where I got the impression they didn't last time I visited.

Now I need to test out shipment directly to my apartment. I don't want to send a huge expensive order just yet. I need ideas for a nendo test subject. All the ones I can think of are out of stock.

johnsmith

remember me
Man, I hope they make Dragon Age Bishoujos next. Screw Mass Effect. I want Leliana and Morrigan and Sera and Cassandra. Just beat Inquisition, so good. Best RPG cast since P4.

Female elf with the British voice bumping uglies with Sera.

The Sera romance was adorable. I played through twice, first as a Human male warrior (Cassandra romance), then as a female Qunari rogue (Sera romance). Really good game. I think Bioware is starting to come back from all those missteps they made with Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 3.

Though I still prefer Mass Effect over Dragon Age because I'm a bigger fan of sci-fi than I am of fantasy, both game franchises rank among my favorites.

johnsmith

remember me
Twice? You crazy. Took me 116 hrs to beat it, and I didn't even finish all the zones, missed 1. Loved it, but I doubt I'll ever play through it again.

Twice? You crazy. Took me 116 hrs to beat it, and I didn't even finish all the zones, missed 1. Loved it, but I doubt I'll ever play through it again.

Yeah, I think on my first playthrough, I didn't visit the Forbidden Oasis at all and barely did anything in Emprise Du Lion.

Marida Cruz unopened for 8k on Manda. Really wish I could get her but nah. Probably the cheapest I've seen her though.

That one kind of defies reason to me. I like the character, but holy shit at the minimal detailing on that figure. Not worth more than 6k no way no how.

Man, I hope they make Dragon Age Bishoujos next. Screw Mass Effect. I want Leliana and Morrigan and Sera and Cassandra. Just beat Inquisition, so good. Best RPG cast since P4.

I like your idea.

I want a cassandra!

I restarted my game after I almost got to the end because Cassandra don't like making out with other ladies so I had to make a new game with a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom