• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man, I forgot Elena! Elena bishoujo would be amazeballs. We need more dark skin ladies in the bishoujo series. Storm and Christie are lonely.

Awww yeah!! Found the Katsuragi I've wanted on Manda for 3000.

MXiOROQ.jpg

chrono01

Chrono, you're not making this any easier :/
I need to stick to my guns for the sake of chocolate elves everywhere.
Sorry, I cannot tell a lie. I'm eagerly awaiting her arrival. ;_;

It's really unfortunate about the castoff. I was never going to anyway, but I feel like they could have implemented in a way that wouldn't damage the figure. She looks great, though, and I'm glad I pre-ordered. It definitely look like they fixed her skin color, too.

One comparison shot with another Muramasa highlights that they didn't really lighten her too badly:
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1227050&ref=item:195023
Yeah, it's the side-by-side picture that really helps showcase the similarity in her skin color. She's really not that off-color, although she's still lighter than she could be. Still, I'm pleased with the way she turned out, it'll be interesting to see her in-person.

The delays really let you guys be free this month. You guys are going crazy with the preowned stuff. xD

You see, that's the trap. Half your order is moved to next month and instead of being responsible putting the money aside and waiting, we just think "Oh, hey now I have 20k more to spend this month!"

The delays really let you guys be free this month. You guys are going crazy with the preowned stuff. xD

I had money aside for a lot.

With the delays first I was going to buy some models(mainly ships)
that somehow carried me to discover RC scale vehicles(was interested in a few RC ww2 planes) then instead im deciding to bite the bullet of A.G.P. Yamato,
finally I realize I need to go ahead and get Kaga with my Akagi before I move on.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Na uh, I go crazy with the pre-owned stuff even if all my orders stay the same, I just go a little crazier when everything's delayed...

It's mostly those Nendo addicts.

Or those just starting out as one, the only thing I had on order was Yuki Mori, now it looks like this:
unconfirmed mandarake order, set to cancel if I can't get Mako:

I keep fighting off the urge to just buy Wo-class for 11k too.

Mikasa was supposed to come out 6 months ago. Honestly wonder what's even going on with her.

I know right, at this point she'll come out with Eren, or she'll come out and Eren will get delayed until Levi come out...

WolfStark

Hasbro is just losing it,
Making 5POA because its cheaper yet also doing limited sets of fully articulated 3.75 as well as much more expensive 6" figures even though Star Wars figures have been the same scale since day 1.

Star Wars just doesn't work at 6" imo, kinda like GI JOE(though 12" worked back in the day, it wouldn't now.)

I think they work better in 6'', even if it's just for the chance that the eyes doesn't squint. But I think there are more benefits. Anyway, the 5POA line now is awful, just looking at the neck hurts, it looks as if Han Solo was beheaded. The only figures I would by for my imaginary child would be the ones from the Black Series.

Kazzy

I have zero interest in Kancolle, but have started to think that the Nendoroids of them are pretty cool.

This may be my epitaph.

Kazzy

I'll think that I'll just sit back, marvelling over the fact that I don't actually completely loathe that franchise, if only for its rampant overexposure.

Theonik

I have zero interest in Kancolle, but have started to think that the Nendoroids of them are pretty cool.

This may be my epitaph.
Have you seen the Kaga and Akagi nendos?
LOOK AT THESE PICTURES YOU KNOW YOU MUST HAVE BOTH.

I'll think that I'll just sit back, marvelling over the fact that I don't actually completely loathe that franchise, if only for its rampant overexposure.
It's strange for me. I really think the games are basically representations of the cancer of the game industry, but the girls ARE cute, and there is some good fanwork and merch for the franchise. So I engage strictly on what doesn't infuriate me I guess, but you could also argue this makes me a hypocrite. idgaf.

Ultimadrago

Fair enough. Reminds me of myself in the Madoka days.

Are we still in the Madoka days?

Kazzy

Have you seen the Kaga and Akagi nendos?
LOOK AT THESE PICTURES YOU KNOW YOU MUST HAVE BOTH.

Ah, Kaga. I'm pretty sure that's the one I was thinking of.

It's strange for me. I really think the games are basically representations of the cancer of the game industry, but the girls ARE cute, and there is some good fanwork and merch for the franchise. So I engage strictly on what doesn't infuriate me I guess, but you could also argue this makes me a hypocrite. idgaf.

I'm at the source of all this nonsense, so that probably exacerbates the whole thing, somewhat.

Mandarake fucking with me, for reasons that I shall not name here I cannot pay with my credit card, but there is no "change the payment method" in the website, so I had to send an email to them. Goddamnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom