• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-cPzHwCQAAWihR.jpg:large

Dear figure gods, please make these real. xoxoxoxo

Settin

Sorry, I cannot tell a lie. I'm eagerly awaiting her arrival. ;_;

Yeah, it's the side-by-side picture that really helps showcase the similarity in her skin color. She's really not that off-color, although she's still lighter than she could be. Still, I'm pleased with the way she turned out, it'll be interesting to see her in-person.

post-39532-Charlton-Heston-laughing-gif-I-YSt4.gif

kewlmyc

Mikasa was supposed to come out 6 months ago. Honestly wonder what's even going on with her.

Maybe they're having issues with the DX version that come with the rooftop.

Also depending on how the next few months go, my figure buying might drop significantly, like 3 figs a year.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, i'm never buying another sideshow premium format figure again. Forget the price, they're just way too big. They don't fit in any of my shelves. The only place Poison Ivy would fit is on my desk.

Caladrius

Is it April yet? :(

Why isn't it April yet? :(

HNNNNNGGGGGGG <3

Fullmanga1417167614.jpeg

I still can't get past that face. It's a sublime figure otherwise, but I didn't want to have to use the short-hair version all the time. (since the mask probably doesn't fit along with the long hair)

Yeah, i'm never buying another sideshow premium format figure again. Forget the price, they're just way too big. They don't fit in any of my shelves. The only place Poison Ivy would fit is on my desk.

I was tempted to spend my tax returns on preordering the Hot Toys Ultron Prime, but backed off for the exact same reason. (Not that I didn't hesitate majorly on the price to begin with.)

I'll take all of them if you're just gonna complain

(I have arthas and am on a payment plan for the cotd Valkyrie, first 2 of many but I gotta find a specific place for them each)

george_us

I hear you but they're still too awesome to pass up. I don't have anywhere proper to put Poison Ivy but didn't want to risk her selling out. I'm even thinking about flex paying King Hulk. Whenever I move into a bigger place I'm probably going to get some columns to display any other Sideshow pieces I get.

It sounds like you want Amakuni's Sansei Muramasa, Settin. You don't need to lie, I can see right through your charade. I don't blame you, she is beautiful.

Here feast your eyes on these. No need to thank me, it's not trouble.

My personal favorite:

[/img]

Isn't she supposed to be darker?

chrono01

Isn't she supposed to be darker?
She is. Amakuni seemed to lighten her skin a bit, although lightning itself [from the pictures] seem to have a pretty big impact on the way she looks [as seen above, one set of pictures from one review and a second from a different one].

Regardless, I think most of us who know who Sansei Muramasa is can agree that her skin should have been a lot darker. It's especially evident when you look at the included clear file bonus that came with this figure [of which the figure was based on] and you see what color her skin should be. Granted the end product is darker than the earlier prototype pictures, but Amakuni definitely should have increased the darkness even more.

Sculpt is great, but the skin is lighter than I would have liked. Still looking forward to receiving mine, but I would be a lot more pleased if they reflected the skintone in the original artwork more.

Oh well, there's always Wing.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

You paid over $350 for a 1/4 scale statue that's 21" high, and you didn't realize until she arrived that she wasn't gonna fit on your shelves?

QhLKlnd.gif

Settin

It sounds like you want Amakuni's Sansei Muramasa, Settin. You don't need to lie, I can see right through your charade. I don't blame you, she is beautiful.

My personal favorite:

When did I say I don't want her? I'm refusing to buy her because dat skin lightening.

chrono01

Feels bad man. Q_Q

Edit: *Sees cast-off pics on MFC*
God damnit, where do I sign

At least you have Wing's Sansei Murmasa to look forward to.

Oh, and Musashi. Can't forget Musashi.

As for the cast-off pictures, she looks great [even if you have to destroy the swimsuit to do so], but only from the front. The dowel holes in the back ruin it for me. ;_;

Settin

At least you have Wing's Sansei Murmasa to look forward to.

Oh, and Musashi. Can't forget Musashi.

As for the cast-off pictures, she looks great [even if you have to destroy the swimsuit to do so], but only from the front. The dowel holes in the back ruin it for me. ;_;

I don't have Musashi on PO but I do have Monkey-face Sansei on PO. Dat bending over pulling down panties pose.

Bombless

Signing the final draft of the lease on Thursday. Sooner or later I'll have to start packing all my collection...but I still can't bring myself to do it yet. Once I'm settled I probably won't be able to unpack everything for another month or so anyway.

Johnsmith...I don't know what you were expecting with that Poison Ivy lol.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Signing the final draft of the lease on Thursday. Sooner or later I'll have to start packing all my collection...but I still can't bring myself to do it yet. Once I'm settled I probably won't be able to unpack everything for another month or so anyway.

Johnsmith...I don't know what you were expecting with that Poison Ivy lol.

Moving to a new place is like starting a new chapter of your life, your collection is part of that.

It's hard to pack them, but it's harder to unpack them, and then it'll still feel weird in the new place after a few months, it's still your collection, and you might even get most of them back to how you had it, but it'll still feel like your looking at a parallel universes version of your collection for a while.

In terms of lightening up a skin tone, it could be worse:

Much worse...

chrono01

Yeah, srsly. The Amakuni one doesn't do anything for me. Wait for the WING bunny version. :O
I'll just buy em' all. Goodbye money.

Speaking of Orca Toy Sansei Muramasa, I love the face of the alternate version but I prefer the color scheme of the original. It'd be nice if I could buy both and swap the head/body, but even I'm not that financially-irresponsible. Still, she look nice [no "duck face"].

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'll just buy em' all. Goodbye money.

Speaking of Orca Toy Sansei Muramasa, I love the face of the alternate version but I prefer the color scheme of the original. It'd be nice if I could buy both and swap the head/body, but even I'm not that financially-irresponsible. Still, she look nice [no "duck face"].

Wow, I'd never seen this alt. The face is a million times better.

My personal favorite:

I kind of want this figure. Very hot stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom