• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the newbie question but if a preowned item on Amiami is sold out now does that mean it was from the middle of the night update or just place holder for tonight's update?

Sold out sometime between last night's update and now.

I think place holders are those with no prices assuming those weren't already sold out.

My general belief of AmiAmi preowned is that everything is already sold out.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sorry for the newbie question but if a preowned item on Amiami is sold out now does that mean it was from the middle of the night update or just place holder for tonight's update?

I'm pretty sure it means that the item was added in one of the last few updates and sold out.

Einbroch

Banned

AmiAmi's system is fooked. It's a mess.

If an item is "Sold Out" on the list (ie when you search the preowned section and see a "Sold Out" tag), it was sold earlier in the night or on the previous day. That item is gone. If the item doesn't have a "Sold Out" tag in the preowned section and has a price, but when you click on the item and then it says "Sold Out", the item is either gone OR is only a placeholder and will go on sale later in the night.

It's broken and frustrating.

Sold out sometime between last night's update and now.

I think place holders are those with no prices assuming those weren't already sold out.

My general belief of AmiAmi preowned is that everything is already sold out.

I'm pretty sure it means that the item was added in one of the last few updates and sold out.

If an item is "Sold Out" on the list (ie when you search the preowned section and see a "Sold Out" tag), it was sold earlier in the night or on the previous day. That item is gone. If the item doesn't have a "Sold Out" tag in the preowned section and has a price, but when you click on the item and then it says "Sold Out", the item is either gone OR is only a placeholder and will go on sale later in the night.

Geez, looks like I need to take classes just to figure everything out! lol. Damn, looks like I missed out on some nendos during that middle of the night update.

Theonik

AmiAmi's site needs to be torn down and brought into the 21st century as a whole tbh.
If it was just preowned it wouldn't be an issue. Even mandarake is changing things though they are still not really great. (they are retail though so different standards and all that)

Einbroch

Banned
AmiAmi's site needs to be torn down and brought into the 21st century as a whole tbh.
If it was just preowned it wouldn't be an issue. Even mandarake is changing things though they are still not really great. (they are retail though so different standards and all that)

Manda's new site looks better, but is absolute garbage. It's so user-unfriendly.

Theonik

Manda's new site looks better, but is absolute garbage. It's so user-unfriendly.
Like I said, they changed it but it seems to be the same bag of awful with a new coat of paint but they are not really to be compared to AmiAmi because they are a mail order site for what is a predominately retail business.

LiK

I just thought it was interesting since everything else I've gotten was packed the same but was not the same store. No harm no foul I was just curious.

Man I said it yesterday but I'm really liking prize figs. Obviously the the detail in the paint can't compete with scales but for the price they're great.

He's pretty big. Was only 800¥

Now I just need to get Yu to go with him.

i ordered him last night for $27 and now i feel ripped off lol

Sup Figure GAF!
Just received my Xrd Sol Badguy from CDJapan!

xrd_by_faust_nebel-d8jhs9y.jpg

Now I'm trying to build my own figure, based on one of my characters. I'll post some WIP if it interest someone!

LiK

N-Y got more of my money. ordered Figuarts Yu and D-Arts Izanagi. Can't beat their prices compared to other places.

How is cdJapan with figures? I've only ever used them for soundtracks and artbooks.

Received mine without problem 14 days after they send it (I'm in France). The package was good and the figure well protected.
I just had to pay a surprise custom tax (more or less 30$), but that's not CDJapan's fault, I think.

I have spent to much time refreshing a page hoping it's just going up only to be disappointed lol. Although that is how I got my Momohime figure, said sold out and I didn't give up. Snagged it after a few minutes.

Yaari

Started P4G today. Presentation is so awesome on that game, I wish I bought it sooner. But atleast something to enjoy for now. Wish there was a Japanese audio track though because even if I can't hear a thing, I just don't like the English audio. Bleh.

Started P4G today. Presentation is so awesome on that game, I wish I bought it sooner. But atleast something to enjoy for now. Wish there was a Japanese audio track though because even if I can't hear a thing, I just don't like the English audio. Bleh.

I don't know if you've watched any of the animation, but trust me you don't want to hear Yosuke and Teddie in Japanese.

Wait....P4G is not dual audio? That could be a major deal breaker for me.

kewlmyc

Wait....P4G is not dual audio? That could be a major deal breaker for me.

I don't think any SMT game/spinoff is. Persona 4 Arena and Ultimax are dual audio but only because of online reasons. The story mode isn't iirc.

Doesn't matter anyway because the Persona games have fantastic dubs, you weeb :p

dont let it be...the cast is fantastic

and japanese rise, teddie, and marie make me want to stick screwdrivers in my ears when I hear them on arena

I'll give you Rise and Teddie, but Japanese Marie? It's weird to hear someone hate on Kana Hanazawa for her voice acting. She's plays the heroine in nearly every anime/videogame within the last two years which is annoying, but she's a good VA.

Yaari

I don't know if you've watched any of the animation, but trust me you don't want to hear Yosuke and Teddie in Japanese.

Haha I did not. But I just cringe at the english voices. It's not that I have issues with English, but I just like hearing the original voices. That goes for any language, Spanish, Korean, whatever. I hate dubs.

Hopefully Persona 5 will ship with these dual audio tracks. Surely there is no issue of space on these consoles and blu-ray discs.

I don't think any SMT game/spinoff is. Persona 4 Arena and Ultimax are dual audio but only because of online reasons. The story mode isn't iirc.

Doesn't matter anyway because the Persona games have fantastic dubs, you weeb :p

I'll give you Rise and Teddie, but Japanese Marie? It's weird to hear someone hate on Kana Hanazawa for her voice acting. She's plays the heroine in nearly every anime/videogame within the last two years which is annoying, but she's a good VA.
all I have heard is her in arena as the combat voice, and there shes awful.

She might be better actually voicing outside of battle
Yikes...I would have to turn the voices off personally. Who in the world thought that was a good idea :\
the english cast is troy baker, laura Bailey, yuri lowenthal. Its all fantastic.

Now I need a copy of this game in japanese, like right now.

george_us

Lawd King Hulk is fucking huge. I knew he'd be large but this thing is outrageous. Sadly I'm going to wind up returning him. Great looking piece but too much.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Lawd King Hulk is fucking huge. I knew he'd be large but this thing is outrageous. Sadly I'm going to wind up returning him. Great looking piece but too much.

Better to have bought and returned, then to have never bought at all.

You still getting Poison Ivy, and Kier or did Hulk put you off?

george_us

Better to have bought and returned, then to have never bought at all.

You still getting Poison Ivy, and Kier or did Hulk put you off?
I've had Ivy for nearly a month and she's awesome. Sideshow did an excellent job with her. Definitely still getting Kier though. Can't say no to that skull mask.

Bombless

Amazon emailed me this morning to tell me that my Homeworld CE had been shipped. Woke up in the late evening to find an email saying that due to a distribution issue it will de dispatched on the 27th. Sometimes the life of a collector is SUFFERING.

Femto.

Found her at the same booth at Frank's were I got my Chun-Li bishoujo back in July. She was $50 back then, she's $75 now. Better than paying 100+ but I should have bought both back then.

I always keep telling myself to start picking up more nendos but bishoujos always win.

Bombless

Found her at the same booth at Frank's were I got my Chun-Li bishoujo back in July. She was $50 back then, she's $75 now. Better than paying 100+ but I should have bought both back then.

I always keep telling myself to start picking up more nendos but bishoujos always win.

Good choice sir, FemShep is a fantastic bishoujo. (Also great base decal choice as well!)

Good, keep doing that.

I wish I could find FemShep here, or anywhere not named amazon for a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom