• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

yeah she did bomb but i have no idea why. It doesn't lean, its a metal peg, and its well detail. It also comes with 2 bodies too...

edit
holy shit kanbaru went up.

I'm still waiting for a MegaHouse/AlphaXOmega Claudette, but given how poorly Irma faired I'm sure I'll never get one now. She only ever got a shitty Griffon release. I still haven't seen Queen's Blade, but I'll be damned if some of those character designs aren't awesome (MegaHouse Risty.... HNNNNNNNG).

Got my first real figure today. I went to go pick up some comics and I saw her and fell in love.

XSAAfx0.jpg

EZL2CyG.jpg

yXE611I.jpg

*bonus*
Lol I also found some silly dbz bootlegs that were cheap so I picked them up as well

Giolon

Got my first real figure today. I went to go pick up some comics and I saw her and fell in love.

*bonus*
Lol I also found some silly dbz bootlegs that were cheap so I picked them up as well
Congrats!

Damn that Jubilee looks really nice....I may have to get one. Every time I see her I want her in my collection!

Settin

I'm still waiting for a MegaHouse/AlphaXOmega Claudette, but given how poorly Irma faired I'm sure I'll never get one now. She only ever got a shitty Griffon release. I still haven't seen Queen's Blade, but I'll be damned if some of those character designs aren't awesome (MegaHouse Risty.... HNNNNNNNG).

Unless you want to see tits bouncing everywhere, you aren't missing anything with QB. The figures are much better than the series.

Zerojul

I want the Koto Mitsuru, it looks so good.

God I want her so bad. One of this day I will have to cave in and pay the premium for her. She doesn't seem to pop up that often.

In others news I missed a Jack Frost Nendo and a Samus figma from amiami. Usual stuff, no biggie :)

Acid08

Banned
Nendoroid Onodera Kosaki never did come back into stock on Amiami :(

Is Notch Comics a reliable store?

It did actually! I got a FigInStock alert while I was sleeping last week but it was sold out by the time I woke up. Don't know how many there were, guessing not a lot. I ended up pre-ordering one from a site called Poptaku for $43+$5 shipping.

It did actually! I got a FigInStock alert while I was sleeping last week but it was sold out by the time I woke up. Don't know how many there were, guessing not a lot. I ended up pre-ordering one from a site called Poptaku for $43+$5 shipping.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;_;

Desirable figs + unknown shops is never a good combo.

Idk...they have a PayPal option lol. She is OOS everywhere. N-Y has her for uber bucks

ToysLogic still has her.

I've ordered stuff from them before, they're local. Never pre-ordered anything so I'm not sure what their policy is there. Maybe worth a try though, I found a Ryuko figma there when no one else had it.

Yea i've bought from them too. But shipping will be $13 from them + tax + it will probably get delayed until the end of April from them.

I know of two comic stores that will get her but not until the end of April :(

Acid08

Banned
Yea i've bought from them too. But shipping will be $13 from them + tax + it will probably get delayed until the end of April from them.

I know of two comic stores that will get her but not until the end of April :(

Most, if not all, US stores won't be getting her until then because of shipping and stuff. If everyone else is sold out then they might be your only hope :/ sucks that it's so hard her. And the goddamn Chitoge nendo is going for 16k on site like N-Y. Fuckin' robbery.

Most, if not all, US stores won't be getting her until then because of shipping and stuff. If everyone else is sold out then they might be your only hope :/ sucks that it's so hard her. And the goddamn Chitoge nendo is going for 16k on site like N-Y. Fuckin' robbery.
Lol I went with the shady site. YOLO! lol xD I'll do a back up preorder at midtown comics.

Zerojul

Amiami paiement request just came :

Optimus Prime Featuring Original PlayStation(Provisional Preorder)
Unit price 8,200 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 8,200 JPY

NXEDGE STYLE [BRAVE UNIT] Genesic GaoGaiGar "The King of Braves GaoGaiGar Final"(Preorder)
Unit price 1,940 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 1,940 JPY

Nendoroid - The Dark Knight Rising: Batman Hero's Edition(Preorder)
Unit price 3,280 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 3,280 JPY

POP! - Guardians: Groot (Plant Pod Ver.)(Provisional Preorder)
Unit price 1,200 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 1,200 JPY

Super Robot Chogokin - Mazinkaiser Chogokin Z Color Ver. from "Mazinkaiser"
Unit price 5,780 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 5,780 JPY

Subtotal: 20,400 JPY
Shipping: 5,240 JPY
Points used: 259
Grand total: 25,381 JPY

Shipping method: EMS
Payment method: Credit card

Less than 1k between EMS and SAL parcel, it was a no brainer. But there's a 150% chance customs will get me.

sca2511

It all depends on which sculptor does each figure. Spider-woman's face was gorgeous. Starfire and Jubilee look great too. Several others lately have been derpy :-/ Acutally, all throughout the line there are some derpy ones scattered about.

I do agree that it depends on sculptor, it's just that the line's faces don't seem up to par amongst some/most of the newer ones. You're right, Spider-Woman's face is good. Starfire's is alright, I guess it goes with the character, but it didn't really catch me . Maybe I'd have to see it in person. I don't really like any of the Street Fighter and Tekken faces other than Sakura's.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sölf;153892082 said:
The fuck is with that mouse?
It's what you get with new iMacs, but you can upgrade to a two button version for an additional £105. Since they use a proprietary cable you can't use a third party alternative though.

Theonik

Well I just opened my 2 HLJ shipments and the crammed my 5 nendos in boxes a size too small for them. As a result all besides Link have damaged boxes. What do I do.

Zerojul

Well I just opened my 2 HLJ shipments and the crammed my 5 nendos in boxes a size too small for them. As a result all besides Link have damaged boxes. What do I do.

That sounds very unprofesssional of them, I'm surprised and disappointed in the fact that a seller like HLJ does something like that :/
They've got a mail for this kind of problem apparently : trouble@hlj.com
You could give it a try.
This is from their Q&A page :
3. My order arrived, but it was damaged in shipping.

If you take delivery of an obviously crushed, punctured or wet package, the best first step is to take photos. If at all possible, take a photo of the delivery agent (driver) with the package. Then, do a careful inspection of your merchandise. If the "damage" is limited to the outer box of the product (such as a crushed corner or bent lid) and the actual product is undamaged, we ask you to grin and bear it if at all possible (this doesn't happen very often). However, if the actual product has been harmed, then take more photos to document the problem, and e-mail us with the photos at: trouble@hlj.com We will arrange to supply you with replacement parts or a new item (at our discretion) at no charge. In some cases we may request that you return the damaged item to us, but in these cases we will credit you for the postage you pay to do so. In cases where replacement merchandise is not available, we will refund some or all of your purchase price of the item, depending on its condition.

In addition, if you ordered a large item that was shipped by "parcel" class (i.e. there was a light green shipping label stuck to the box that has "Postal Parcel" printed at the top), then you are entitled to compensation from the post office of at least 8,620 yen, but no more than 21,710 yen depending on the weight of the parcel. You do not need to have insured your package to receive this compensation. Exact procedures vary by country, but you should start by taking your order and the shipping box down to your local post office, showing them the damage, and inquiring about the procedure for filing a damage claim. If you happen to take delivery of your package from your mail carrier in person, and there is obvious damage, ask him/her to witness your opening the box, and get the carrier's name to bolster your claim.

If you took delivery by FedEx and the package is damaged, make sure that in addition to photos, you consult with the delivery driver at the time you receive the package to make sure they indicate in their system that the box was damaged. If that is not possible, call your local FedEx office and follow their instructions. If you cannot reach a successul resolution with them, contact us at trouble@hlj.com.

Notice to Toy and Model Collectors: While HobbyLink Japan appreciates your business, we regret that we cannot accept requests for compensation or replacement of merchandise due to superficial shipping damage to outer packaging, such as bends, creases, minor crushing, etc. While we carefully package everything we ship in brand-new boxes, some cosmetic damage will occur from time to time with any mail-order service. We will happily replace items if the actual product is damaged, but if you absolutely must have an item with a "mint" condition outer box, we recommend you make your purchase from a shop that caters to collectors.

Theonik

That sounds very unprofesssional of them, I'm surprised and disappointed in the fact that a seller like HLJ does something like that :/
They've got a mail for this kind of problem apparently : trouble@hlj.com
You could give it a try.
This is from their Q&A page :
Yeah I doubt I will be compensated based on that.

Very unusual for HLJ. I don't use them all that frequently, but I can't think of an order I've had arrive from them that wasn't anything less than supremely well packaged. Could be an isolated incident, e.g. someone finishing up at the end of their shift (or job!). Definitely contact them, they might be able to issue you with some compensation in the form of a store credit, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom