• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeza's dream MILF unboxing:
5b3a81a4.jpg

http://toy-navi.net/archives/42969553.html

Settin

You don't know what the appeal of partially showing skin is? I'm confused.

I don't know what the appeal is in figures. You can already have anything you want. I get the appeal of leaving something to the imagination with real people.

Edit: I know I'm out on the fringe with my tastes but I won't pretend I don't feel how I do :p

I don't know what the appeal is in figures. You can already have anything you want. I get the appeal of leaving something to the imagination with real people.

That's an interesting distinction to make. Art is all about deception; illusion; making things appear to look more or less stimulating when the reality is different. Plastic sculpts do take some of that mystery/power away, since you can't deceive people in 3D the same way you can in 2D, but I'd say it's totally possible to stoke the imagination and tease viewers about the form of what may or may not be there, just like you can in real life. Many figures use exaggerated proportions/anatomy and streamlined facial features, etc. to do just that. Why not clothing?

Settin

That's an interesting distinction to make. Art is all about deception; illusion; making things appear to look more or less stimulating when the reality is different. Plastic sculpts do take some of that mystery/power away, since you can't deceive people in 3D the same way you can in 2D, but I'd say it's totally possible to stoke the imagination and tease viewers about the form of what may or may not be there, just like you can in real life. Many figures use exaggerated proportions/anatomy and streamlined facial features, etc. to do just that. Why not clothing?

Yo you can't get all philosophical on me. I just love seeing some figure boobies.

johnsmith

remember me
Mandy came out perfect. Exactly like her promo pictures. Not going to bother taking pics since I don't have a real camera, but she did not disappoint.

Xenoverse? My only interest in it is the TFS DBZ:A Kappa voice.

I don't believe you.

It is. It has some hilari-bad voices, but the gameplay is pretty great. And the fact that you create your own character for story mode is really cool. I'm playing a sexy purple Majin lady.

Basically, these two new characters are running around changing the past (for example early on, [early DBZ spoiler]
Raditz gets away from Goku before Piccolo's attack can hit so only Goku dies
), and Trunks wishes for someone strong to help him fight. That's you. You take part in all the classic DBZ battles and make sure things go down the way they were supposed to.

Mandy came out perfect. Exactly like her promo pictures. Not going to bother taking pics since I don't have a real camera, but she did not disappoint.

Glad to hear. Almost bought one myself, but $185 seemed a bit much.

Settin

It is. It has some hilari-bad voices, but the gameplay is pretty great. And the fact that you create your own character for story mode is really cool. I'm playing a sexy purple Majin lady.

Basically, these two new characters are running around changing the past (for example early on, [early DBZ spoiler]
Raditz gets away from Goku before Piccolo's attack can hit so only Goku dies
), and Trunks wishes for someone strong to help him fight. That's you. You take part in all the classic DBZ battles and make sure things go down the way they were supposed to.

Glad to hear. Almost bought one myself, but $185 seemed a bit much.

Oh that soun...

JOIN THE FIGUREGAF LINE CHAT

Yo bros, the new Dragonball Z game is srsly pretty amazeball Z. I can't remember the last time I played a not-shitty DBZ.
Played it for a bit, biggest complaint is the customisation are quite lacking for my taste on the player created characters.
Man Zinogre is so cool in MH4, I-

Monster-Hunter-%E2%80%93-Zinogre.jpeg

'_'

Must... resist!
Get the revoltech Zinogre armoured hunter as well, and the cycle will be complete ;D

Ryuuroden

sorta OT, but I just found out XIV is having a free WEEK for lapsed subscribers ;0. I think I may log on. It's been almost a year since I have really touched any type of game let alone an MMO. I kinda lost interest in gaming. Too many hobbies, had to drop something.

Played it for a bit, biggest complaint is the customisation are quite lacking for my taste on the player created characters.

I never expected a DBZ game to have any kind of character creator at all. I don't mind having preset parts over sliders and whatnot for characters of this art style. I'm not far in, but I really like the game.

Wanderer5

Get the revoltech Zinogre armoured hunter as well, and the cycle will be complete ;D

Noooooooo.:p I want to just stick with Zinogre, that all I neeeed (unless a charge blade nendoroid comes out -.o)!

Wanderer5

Zinogre is one of my faves. I used his armour quite a bit in MH3U.

Plus his hunting horn is a freaking electric guitar.

I wish there was a charge blade based on him.<.< I probably make the long sword at least, but not sure if I want to make his armor. His fight was freaking awesome, and I love his design too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom