• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Has anyone been using Mandarake's alert list feature? Does it work okay? I just set up a few to see if anything comes of it. It's weird because you use keywords but the stores can list items under slightly different names so you have to put in alerts for all of the variations :/

Has anyone been using Mandarake's alert list feature? Does it work okay? I just set up a few to see if anything comes of it. It's weird because you use keywords but the stores can list items under slightly different names so you have to put in alerts for all of the variations :/

MFC has that issue too. If you type in Wo-class, you get zip. But if you type Wo-kyuu, you get ALL THE RESULTS. EVER.

Settin

Mandarake works best if you search by the Japanese characters from MFC.
Kana? Kanji? W/e it is, I'm no Japanese cultural expert.

Acid08

Banned
Mandarake works best if you search by the Japanese characters from MFC.
Kana? Kanji? W/e it is, I'm no Japanese cultural expert.

Yeah I know that but the actual names the stores list things under can be different. So even if it's kanji there are a few different variations used. And some stores randomly list stuff in English so you have to put on in for that too.

If you're searching for something specific it seems really cumbersome. If you're just looking for everything of a certain character then it's easier because you only have to create two: one English and one kanji.

In the end only problem besides the boobs is the poor costume choice. Of at least 5 main costumes they picked the least recognizable/popular with the lowest screentime.
Kinda light on accessories as well, would have been nice if they threw Kiritsugu's gunfire attachment piece in as it works on Motoko's assault rifle
otherwise not much else they could give her besides maybe sunglasses though.

I don't really see what the problem is, it was attached well originally but now its not plugging in at all.
Squished set plugs in well but it looks bad outside of the intended 2 handed weapon poses.

After getting Motoko though, im definitely considering the Arise version(as much as I dislike it) to at least have a combat/stealth suit for Motoko.

Settin

Yeah I know that but the actual names the stores list things under can be different. So even if it's kanji there are a few different variations used. And some stores randomly list stuff in English so you have to put on in for that too.

If you're searching for something specific it seems really cumbersome. If you're just looking for everything of a certain character then it's easier because you only have to create two: one English and one kanji.

All I know is オーキッドシード gets me way more hits than Orchid Seed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Giolon

I don't really see what the problem is, it was attached well originally but now its not plugging in at all.

The problem I had with mine is that the edge of the jacket actually extends down over the edge of the connecting portion, so I couldn't get them fully attached. I had to bend it up (which was surprisingly difficult as it's very stiff plastic and it's such a small section to try to get leverage on) and ended up creating a small crease, but it lets me get the boobs back on properly now.

What a weird sentence...

It doesn't look like that's the issue with yours though.

Settin

I see like 4 colors, just get a paint brush and 4 bottles of paints, everything will eventually works out!

edit: and some glues..

ql4iqEv.gif

The problem I had with mine is that the edge of the jacket actually extends down over the edge of the connecting portion, so I couldn't get them fully attached. I had to bend it up (which was surprisingly difficult as it's very stiff plastic and it's such a small section to try to get leverage on) and ended up creating a small crease, but it lets me get the boobs back on properly now.

What a weird sentence...

It doesn't look like that's the issue with yours though.

Thanks.
Going to try messing with it in the morning to fix it.

It was theoretically a good idea but can't say im a big fan of the execution.

bd0ae9c5-s.jpg

Reminds me of:
Stop-Dont-Come-Back-Sarcastic-Willy-Wonka-Gif.gif

Vut I think it may be more due to me being sleep deprived, just came back from work woo lol, had to start it at 4am and it's near 7 now XD
FIGURE-006053.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-006053-S001
FIGURE-003951.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-003951-S001
00112.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/51220/
zeed-01_20150206_01.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/52189/
HO_20150206_01.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/52184/
1000096288_1.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-9946.html
t.jpg

http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2015/02/10.html
====================================
Kotobukiya reveals “Grisaia no Kajitsu” Suou Amane final product
Kotobukiya reveals today photos of finished product for their 1/6 scale figure of “Grisaia no Kajitsu -LE FRUIT DE LA GRISAIA-” Suou Amane. The figure is scheduled for release today, and it will be shipped soon to everyone who have ordered it back in September 2014. As a reminder, the figure is sculpted by Kamenoko and ko_nen and stands 25.5 cm tall. List price is of ¥11000.

If you missed the chance to pre-order her back in September, “Grisaia no Kajitsu” Suou Amane 1/6 scale figure by Kotobukiya is still up at some stores, so don’t miss out!
koto_amanefinal-1.jpg
koto_amanefinal-3.jpg

=======================================
Event: Wonder Festival Winter 2015 - Megahouse/MEDICOM TOY/Sentinel/Kaiyodo
t.jpg

Railyn

Neo Member
*headdesks*

Prior to Wonfes, I was like, oh, I'm curious and excited to see what's new, but I don't really think I'll be that interested in buying. I'm strong enough to resist! I'm satisfied with my current collection and the preorders that will be rolling in till hell month May. /babbled on

Spent my night weighing up my wants, and my nendo count is going to explode.

Will get:

-KLK Fight Club Mako nendoroid- I KNEW waiting on picking up Mako was a good thing...this is the version of her I wanted more than anything!!
-MM Link nendoroid - I didn't like the Wind Waker version, so I'm glad for this one... I wonder how well Link Between Worlds did, and if there's a chance for Ravio or Hilda? T___T
-Dmmd Koujaku nendoroid
-Hozuki nendoroid
-FE Marth nendoroid

Maybes:

-Magic Knight Rayearth figmas - One of the first mangas I read back in the Mixxine/TokyoPop days so my nostalgia meter rocketed high. My only issue is that I'm not very fond of figmas.
-TouRan nendoroids - Started playing recently just for kicks, so now I hate myself for recognizing them.

Waiting for prototypes or color:

-FE Cordelia scale
-Link scale
-Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis - Amira scale
-Diaya no Ace - Sawamura, Miyuki, Kominato scales
-Tokyo Ghoul - Touka, Kaneki, Uta scales
-Koto's Tokyo Ghoul - Kaneki
-UC Nanatsu no Taizai - Meliodas

At least it's nendos on my must have list, not scales. My first and currently only nendo has been a good desk buddy
and could use friends

Zerojul

I'm trying to stay a way from nendoriods, but some of them are really cute. I'm holding strong though, for now.
Sooner or later, sooner or later. >:)

Yes. Everybody needs Nendos in their lives.

Sweet Jesus... That's what, more than twice the original price ? I know it's an exclusive and all, but still...

Railyn

Neo Member
Ugh, now that I'm done going through Wonfes pictures, I'm back to stressing over my package. AmiAmi shipped it on 24 Jan, and it still hasn't arrived in the US according to the tracking...:/ It has Alter's Natsume and a Aoba Naruko nendoroid...and considering all of the comments on MFC with broken bases with Natsume, I hate myself for going Reg SAL instead of EMS. ~_~;;

Jeez, Manda's really cashing in on Ryuko...

Zerojul

Well based on the lowest buy price we've seen, 32k, if Manda and the seller got equal share, that would be 5.5k each which isn't bad but surely there are easier ways to earn around £30, especially considering the prior investment.

Yeah, when you put it like that, it seems like a lot of hassle for a little ROI :/

uh, she's up to 48,600 now, unless I'm seeing it wrong.

after only 3 days, she's jumped 16,600 in price from what I've paid. That's, what? 40%?

Making the only decent outfit they've made of Ryuuko's so limited is lame to begin with. I hope they make a Senketsu serafuku version with a normal production run after this.

Making the only decent outfit they've made of Ryuuko's so limited is lame to begin with. I hope they make a Senketsu serafuku version with a normal production run after this.

Then do I have news for you!

Whoa, now imagine if that Ryuko got a re-release.

I'd feel sorry for the people paying these prices right now.

Seeing as they plan to release a non-limited Senketsu version, I doubt they re-release the stadium jacket version. My wish is that they'll somehow just allow us to buy the outfit so I can put it on the one I'm ordering, but unfortunately there's no hope of that. =/

srst

Then do I have news for you!

lwbfc31419888824.jpeg

Seeing as they plan to release a non-limited Senketsu version, I doubt they re-release the stadium jacket version. My wish is that they'll somehow just allow us to buy the outfit so I can put it on the one I'm ordering, but unfortunately there's no hope of that. =/

Gotta catch'em all, even if my wallet says no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom