• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femto.

Seeing as they plan to release a non-limited Senketsu version, I doubt they re-release the stadium jacket version. My wish is that they'll somehow just allow us to buy the outfit so I can put it on the one I'm ordering, but unfortunately there's no hope of that. =/

Damn, that sucks.

Didn't notice that she was limited to 800 pieces, but the fact the she has come out so soon and has skyrocketed so fast blows my mind.

Zerojul

i don't really know. there is more stuff here http://gamu-toys.info/sonota/sw/putin/putin02.html

RIMG1870.JPG

This is nice. Barack rockin that Famicom.

I would like to request some advice guys. Having a fair number of poseable figures, I've had a couple of accidents.

The first is on Parform Aigis' fire-action hand part;

One of the bullets popped off when I was pushing the part down on her hand. It doesn't seem to be "broken" at all, merely like the original glue just gave and the little piece popped out.

An almost identical situation just happened with one of Amatsukaze's accessories as well. The right flipper on her little boat popped out.

As you can see from the picture, I managed to get this one mostly back in, and it seemed to be in fairly solid when I was proping it up for the picture just now. However, the connecting peg is very shallow, and I'm worried it will fall out again.

What kind of adhesive do you guys reccomend to keep those parts in place?

Also, on an unrelated note, I just recieved an email from AmiAmi that the Selvaria that was recently put up will be changed from 1/6 to 1/7.

I don't know how I feel about this...

Still 45k on that link here. Even so... damn

Yeah, it's 45k for me now too. When I clicked it earlier, the site was in full japanese and she was 48.6k, but now it's back to english. I'll just blame it on my spotty DNS over here sending me to the jp store.

EDIT:

I think the Japanese version of the site includes tax, and not the English one (45 *1.08=48,6).

That's the reason then.

Bombless

I go to sleep and the thread jumps 2 pages?!?

Wat.

On topic, I'm torn between Akira Yamamoto pilot or tight suit versions. On one hand I'd like to have another pilot to go with Melda and Yuki, on the other well...tight suit. Decisions, decisions...

How have I not seen anyone post this?

It was posted but no one (me included) was impressed by it.

Giolon

It was posted but no one (me included) was impressed by it.

I'm impressed! Blue skin, gorgeous fiery energy things, cute face - yummy!

On a separate note, I just received an e-mail from AmiAmi about Vertex's Selvaria: "We have received new information from the maker that the scale of the figure has been updated from 1/6 to 1/7. The product page of the above item will be updated with the correct information in a few hours."

I wonder if that means the size of the figure has changed or if they only changed the numbers...b/c a 1/7 scale figure for that price is...steep.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Amiami Jan order £50 ransom paid, Batwoman and co. will be here tomorrow...
Also got a email that Vertex Selvaria Bles is 1/7th scale and not 1/6th.

Sideshow took money for Queen of the Dead, but haven't shipped her yet...

WTF at Nintendo UK, they sent out my "free" charger cable for my "new" 3DS via courier instead of just sending it with my 3DS +MM 3DLE+ Skull Kid figure, is every piece going to come individually or will they bundle it?...

--------------

RAH WF Ryuuko 45-48k now? Gonna have to let the idea of owning her die... Sooner try to track down AOT Annie, or Darker then Black Hei, or DEM Enma-kun if I'm paying through the nose for a wonderfest exclusive RAH...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There is a market for it. Would buy one.
To microwave it.

Forwarding your details to MI5.

WTF at Nintendo UK, they sent out my "free" charger cable for my "new" 3DS via courier instead of just sending it with my 3DS +MM 3DLE+ Skull Kid figure, is every piece going to come individually or will they bundle it?...

They're a bit odd. When I ordered MM from them I had a code for a free Luigi hat. They sent me the hat months ago. I mean I could have changed my mind and cancelled said order. Would I have to send the hat back?

Femto.

Someone remind me what happens if I order a released item with a preorder item on AmiAmi.
The released item can be combined with your pre ordered item (if the pre order item is February) and you won't be charged for it until the pre order item is in stock. Then they both will be shipped to you.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
This is an e-mail sent to customers who have placed an order for the item

FIGURE-009902 Dwell - Valkyria Chronicle: Selvaria Bles 1/6 Complete Figure

We have received new information from the maker that the scale of the figure has been updated from 1/6 to 1/7.

Hm.

This is an e-mail sent to customers who have placed an order for the item

FIGURE-009902 Dwell - Valkyria Chronicle: Selvaria Bles 1/6 Complete Figure

We have received new information from the maker that the scale of the figure has been updated downgraded from 1/6 to 1/7.

Hm.

Fixed

If this was a figure I'd preordered, I wouldn't be happy with that.

Keep your eye on Selvaria's dimensions (ha). It's possible they adjusted her scale because of how tall she is and the production version will still be 25cm, like Giolon suggested above. If that gets changed though, feel free to riot.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
It was always 1/7th scale, at 250 mm, they (like Orchid Seed) are just finally realizing they make 1/7th scale figures and have been wrongly calling them 1/6 for years...

Edit: QOTD Shipped....
UJrc126.gif

Theonik

It was always 1/7th scale, at 250 mm, they (like Orchid Seed) are just finally realizing they make 1/7th scale figures and have been wrongly calling them 1/6 for years...
They just stopped using the breasts as the scale reference and are using height instead now.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, I don't think it means they're making the figure smaller; just that they're labelling it more accurately now.

(^^)/""\(^^)

I want to see some Ship Girl x Mech shots Snkpls~
It didn't sound lewd in my head, honest

Good idea, the way they made her it will be interesting to try to put other Nendo in there.

Also very happy to see they are doing a re-release of Akagi and Kaga. Already have them but I know many want them now that the show started :)

Yeah, I think I'd be pretty pissed off too. Does this kind of thing happen often ? I mean, I'm not a scale collector but I'd be pretty disappointed if a MG Gunpla was downsized to 1/144 :/

To be fair they already do that it's called the RG (Real Grade) line of kits. Besides that they'd have to re-engineer the entire kit so they'd probably outright cancel it before changing the scale on anything.

raven777

Didn't know Dragon Toy was making another Tony figure. This one seems better than the last one going by the art. So many Tony figures coming up.

Can't believe I still don't have any Tony figure..

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
They just stopped using the breasts as the scale reference and are using height instead now.

LOL

Why can't I hold all this envy. You order directly from Sideshow to the UK, right? Is that for price or speed reasons? I've always gone local for Hot Toys but I've never done the maths for Sideshow.

I order directly from Sideshow for a lot of reasons:
A) I'm impatient
B) If it has an EX like Hellboy it's the only way to get it
C) If anything is broken Sideshow will take care of it right away, directly...
D) Shipping is dirt cheap, BBTS will charge 3 to 4 times the shipping price Sideshow does...

Hot Toys I go two ways:
A) Straight outta C̶o̶m̶p̶t̶o̶n̶ Hong Kong, almost always ends up the same price as ordering one from Sideshow, only I get it right away.
B) UK seller, depends on how much I want the figure

So many FigureGAF posters in the Estival Versus thread.

Have any of you purchased any of the Chara-ani SK figures? How's the, uh, ...quality?

Hibari is speaking to me on levels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom