• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like your postal worker is pretty inept. Have you considered getting a PO box? My wife has one; I think they're pretty cheap. Anyway, sorry you didn't get her today.

That sounds like a great idea. I'll look into that.
I had been having everything shipped to the office, but thought it would be easier just to schedule home delivery on my days off. Nope. Apparently not.

kewlmyc

This thread is making me wonder what I'll do if I get this other job and have to move into an apartment. Those in apartments, do they just put it in front of you door, or do they leave it with the front desk?

Can PO box fit big packages like some of the figures?

Since they most (if not all) PO Boxes are attached to a post office, I imagine they'll leave a slip and you'll still have to pick it up from the front desk. :p

I think there are multiple sizes of PO Boxes too.

This thread is making me wonder what I'll do if I get this other job and have to move into an apartment. Those in apartments, do they just put it in front of you door, or do they leave it with the front desk?

Both.
Neither.
It depends on the carrier and the method of shipping.

Since they most (if not all) PO Boxes are attached to a post office, I imagine they'll leave a slip and you'll still have to pick it up from the front desk. :p

I think there are multiple sizes of PO Boxes too.

This. Another route is to go with one of those private PO box places, as not only will they put big boxes aside, they accept UPS/FedEx/etc deliveries and will sign for them on your behalf.

This is what I have and it's nice to not to ever have to worry about stolen packages or missed delivery times. Oh, this is for the US, btw. Not sure how the system works in other countries.

omlet

Picked up a good chunk of my February order from the post office today :D
RukMH0G.jpg

Sz9yxAZ.jpg
When I lived in an apartment, postman always left every package no matter if it was registered or not with the front office.

Acid08

Banned
Picked up a good chunk of my February order from the post office today :D

When I lived in an apartment, postman always left every package no matter if it was registered or not with the front office.
Looking forward to Godoka impressions!

My apartment has 4 postal boxes with keys that holds packages. I'll usually get a key in my mailbox to open the parcel locker. In the case of EMS packages or anything requiring a signature they will buzz my apartment and tell me they have a package waiting for me to sign and I'll go down and get it. UPS or Fedex will buzz my apartment number to let them in the front door and will come to my apartment.

george_us

They always leave mine at the front desk. You could always get yours delivered to your job if you're not afraid of the dreaded "Used Toy" label haha.

kierwynn

My apartment has 4 postal boxes with keys that holds packages. I'll usually get a key in my mailbox to open the parcel locker. In the case of EMS packages or anything requiring a signature they will buzz my apartment and tell me they have a package waiting for me to sign and I'll go down and get it. UPS or Fedex will buzz my apartment number to let them in the front door and will come to my apartment.

The apartment I used to live in had a similar thing- there were a few package boxes that things would be placed in and they'd leave a key in my mail box for it. It varied if it needed signing for- sometimes they'd come to my apartment and sometimes they front desk would call me. I was usually gone pretty much all day during the week, tho, so more often than not I just ended up with a slip in my box and I'd have to go pick it up from the post office. lol

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Got my response from NY regarding Muramasa:

Hello

Thank you for your message

It's not all figure haves this problem

When we will receive more information we will inform you

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Kinda knew they were just gonna cut copy and paste a response, but that line of "not all figures have this problem" is bullshit, the whole reason the body is being remade without the holes in her is because they all have that problem...

Yaari

Saw Vader and Stormtrooper up on AmiAmi. Guess I'll have to get those. But they will be so out of place in my current collection, haha.

omlet

Ciel is nice.

Very nice. I will try to get some pics later (tomorrow or weekend).

I'm not sure how I want to display her since her pose is really dynamic she looks "good" from any direction but her field of view is actually rather narrow due to her sword and hair, so best shelf orientation seems to be jumping "away" from the viewer which is kind of unusual for a figure.

And my haregi Homura replacement is everything I hoped for.

Second class citizen nendos will have to wait until later to be unboxed. Monster Hunter time.

Jobbs

Banned
nendoroids never really caught on with me in the past (I only have the windwaker link one and the red pokemon one, which I got on a whim because someone said it was going to be rare soon) but I just had to preorder the vader and stormtrooper nendos. they're too cool and seems like a great idea for a nendoroid.

the only other thing I've seen that I like are the monster hunter ones -- being a monster hunter fan -- but so far I've held out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom