• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Alter Mio! That's all you Acid.

I'm getting the figmas! Seems like every K-On figure ever popped up tonight except the figmas haha.

I do want the Alter Ui though. That popped up but was gone by the time their fucking site started loading. Same with the "Don't Say Lazy" Mio I want.

I'm getting the figmas! Seems like every K-On figure ever popped up tonight except the figmas haha.

I do want the Alter Ui though. That popped up but was gone by the time their fucking site started loading. Same with the "Don't Say Lazy" Mio I want.

I didn't even know they had that version of Mio. I love their outfits in that ending.

I didn't know you can ship small figures internationally from AJP. A few Figmas sold by Amazon got past the shipping page too but not Nendos. :(

just filter amazon global after you changed the search to ホビー to know which one can be shipped internationally

chrono01

TIHQGzk.jpg

I can't be wrong.
Please stop. I'm trying to resist pre-ordering her. :/

chrono01

Different day, same tune. We know how this ends :D
You're probably right in that. :(

I had to cancel my Mafuyu pre-order from AmiAmi today. I was super nervous, since she was in-stock but I had no choice. Apparently she was considered an "18+ item" [which I really don't understand, since Orchid Seed's items are just as "lewd", so I had to pay via my credit card. For whatever reason the site continued to give me an error when ordering with it, and I couldn't use PayPal [because of the 18+ stipulation]. I called my bank and everything and they couldn't discern what it could be that was stopping the transaction.

I guess it's a bit of money saved.

Bombless

I went to look for a Lego Lambda shuttle for the Vader / Stormtroopers display. Didn't realise it was a discontinued model. (O_O)

chrono01

2015y03m06d_200525589.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-10153.html

pre-order starts early next week.

Around 14k I think.
This is getting ridiculous.

The price of Yamato, Musashi, Wo-Class, etc. you can kind of accept, considering the added weaponry they come equipped with, and thus, the increased cost.

But something as simple as this? They're clearly trying to capitalize on the popularity of KanColle. :/

Pass for me. If I pre-order anything new KanColle-related, it'll be either Re-Class or that Nagato/Akagi scaled figure [if they ever get one].

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If space is a problem I have the solution for you. For just £5 a month I'm willing to rent out room for your figurines. Just send them to my place and they're guaranteed a surface to stand on. Figurine backlogs will be a thing of the past.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Wow... Progress, I might get my EMS package next Friday at this rate *sigh*

Again all the packages they should be holding and checking flew through, the ones that declare things 100% legit get stuck in someone's craw.

--------------------------------------------

Speaking of stuck in someones craw, instead of replying right away to Nippon-Yasan I slept on it, but my feeling are the same, so I typed this out and sent it:

Cut, copying, and pasting the same response to multiple customers regarding the Muramasa cast off issue is not how you keep customers happy or satisfied with your service. Telling me "not all figures have this issue" is a wrong, otherwise apologies would not have been issued by Amakuni, and new bodies would not be fabricated to satisfy customer disappointment.

Nippon-Yasan should be on top of this, acting like a middle man between us and Hobby Japan, and removing any doubt that you can take care of this problem for us, the customers.

If Nippon-Yasan can't guarantee replacement bodies for their customers when they get released in May, I would like you to cancel all my existing pre-orders with you and close my account because I will not do any more business with a company that doesn't have my best interest at heart.

Inb4 that escalated quickly gif...

chrono01

Speaking of stuck in someones craw, instead of replying right away to Nippon-Yasan I slept on it, but my feeling are the same, so I typed this out and sent it:

Inb4 that escalated quickly gif...
I applaud you for this, as it's been on my mind too.

Here's hoping N-Y pulls through and don't try to sell the "replacement bodies" as additional units.

"Sansei Muramasa - Oasis Ver. SEXY EDITION!

*Head/Arms not included*"

...Why do I think that this would be something they'd try?

Ryuuroden

Annnnnd USPS lost Jubilee!
Incredible one day shipping from Fort Worth, and the post office can't be relied upon to get the package to an apartment in Austin Texas.
Yet, another package made a 6500 mile trip from the other side of the planet, through customs in snowy conditions to Austin just fine!
I deal with this every single time I order from Amazon.

Yeah, Fuck usps. They lost 6 packages in 3 months totaling over 500 dollars in value sent to me last year. It wasn't a pure matter of it being delivered and being stolen either cause I was home at the time some of the trackings said they arrived. They never did. I have switched to a ups store box so if it's supposed delivered but actually isn't I recoup my money. All that shit that was Lost is money I never got back.

Theonik

This is getting ridiculous.

The price of Yamato, Musashi, Wo-Class, etc. you can kind of accept, considering the added weaponry they come equipped with, and thus, the increased cost.

But something as simple as this? They're clearly trying to capitalize on the popularity of KanColle. :/

Pass for me. If I pre-order anything new KanColle-related, it'll be either Re-Class or that Nagato/Akagi scaled figure [if they ever get one].
In reality it was always a Kancolle tax. Figures for the most part cost peanuts to make* they are priced at the highest price they think the market is willing to accept. (same as every other good)

*Though they don't really sell that many of them so you can see why they want to maximise their returns.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I applaud you for this, as it's been on my mind too.

Here's hoping N-Y pulls through and don't try to sell the "replacement bodies" as additional units.

"Sansei Muramasa - Oasis Ver. SEXY EDITION!

*Head/Arms not included*"

...Why do I think that this would be something they'd try?

LOL, you'd think that because of their reputation. I've only got like $900 worth of pre-orders with them, probably not enough for them to care about, and while there are a few I'd hate to lose, I'd rather take my chances on the after market rather then getting spoon fed horseshit.

Yeah, Fuck usps. They lost 6 packages in 3 months totaling over 500 dollars in value sent to me last year. It wasn't a pure matter of it being delivered and being stolen either cause I was home at the time some of the trackings said they arrived. They never did. I have switched to a ups store box so if it's supposed delivered but actually isn't I recoup my money. All that shit that was Lost is money I never got back.
Ouch, I thought you'd have been able to get your money back. At least you found a solution, but man that sucks to read.

Ooooo there went another Tohka Nendo.

I hope it was SNK that got her.

No sadly. I did try to look at the used section last night but got annoyed as it wouldn't load for me. Oh well. Trying to have a cheaper month so it's better that I didn't. I already added this last week cause she was super cheap and I have been wanting it.

SNL1358918234.jpeg

Got this one to replace the one I have from Uplark....which I don't like. Bought the Uplark one when I first started buying and didn't know any better.

LowParry

Petites are usually sold in blind boxes so what you get is random.

Sometimes they are sold as sets where they are packaged with one of each in a box instead of randomized. For that price I don't think you're getting a set, I think you're getting scalped for 1 figure.

Here is what you're looking for. I recommend checking the user sales and comments sections for links to where to find them cheaper.

http://myfigurecollection.net/encyclopedia/46271_nendoroid_petit_hatsune_miku_selection

Mandarake had the entire set for 6k not too long ago. http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1896496.html Search ねんどろいど ミク ぷち on there.

Ah thanks very much. After a few more reviews, I spotted those Darth Vader and Stormtrooper types. Want. In exchange of not getting any of the divas, I opted to get the wife the Metal Gear Solid Snake version. The proper response was "Ooooooo pretty". My job is done :D

omlet

Ah thanks very much. After a few more reviews, I spotted those Darth Vader and Stormtrooper types. Want. In exchange of not getting any of the divas, I opted to get the wife the Metal Gear Solid Snake version. The proper response was "Ooooooo pretty". My job is done :D

If you want stormtrooper and Vader nendoroids, I think Amiami has the best price, or at least a very good one. That's where a lot of us just ordered them from.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-010644
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-010645
If you buy 1-3 they will probably fit in a SAL package for cheap shipping (1000-2000 yen). More than that in a single order will probably be too big for SAL so you can expect EMS shipping (closer to 1200/item)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom