• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
9zSoKM3.jpg

Im not fond of the pose. Its really similar to Koto's but not as cute.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
FUCK, Staff Girl is sold out. Any figure based on NISE's art is irresistible to me. oh well.
She was up in the amiami pre-owned section like 2 or 3 times this week, so just keep an eye out on her...

That's me =) Thanks Baka!

But, how is Anime Jungle? Never ordered from them before...and how's their shipping rates to the US?

Edit: oh wait, this is the same company that has that huge store in Little Tokyo Los Angeles...?
They are fine to order from, I've had three recent orders with them myself, and they are as good as their word, ship fast and have great packaging, but they have a 500 yen fee for any international orders.

I don't think they are the same as the Anime Jungle in LA, don't even know why we call them anime jungle, as they seem to call themselves just Jungle...

Nice. I might also reply in a similar fashion, but indicate that I won't be interested in doing any future business with them. I have no open pre-orders at N-Y. They need to be aware that this is an issue they shouldn't just dismiss.
They are closed over the weekend, so I'm not expecting anything to happen until Monday so you could just wait and see what happens with me or pile on some more pressure if you see fit.

If anyone is interested in the World of Springfield Simpsons figures that came out in and around 2001, I just put a bunch up for sale in the B/S/T thread. Is posting about it here okay? If so, I'll post a direct link.

omlet

I don't think they are the same as the Anime Jungle in LA, don't even know why we call them anime jungle, as they seem to call themselves just Jungle...

The one in LA is owned by the same company. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind the addition of the word anime in the name of the shop.

BadWolf

This beauty came in: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/362

Man she is deliciously huge (height and width), Momohime was my biggest figure prior to her but she looks tiny in comparison.

So happy to final have an SNK figure. The detail on her is so good, a family member remarked that she looks like a sculpture.

Oh and you guys weren't kidding about amiami's used item quality control. It said Figure B and Box C and the figure looks pretty much as good as new. The box looks fine too.

RMI

Banned
Alter's Shinobu... I've never watched the show, but it's speaking to me.

If shinobu in your collection is equal to zero, buy shinobu.

Also, watch the show sooner rather than later, or you will deeply regret it when she goes up in price down the road.

Femto.

Hmm to pre order Cynthia now or wait for the Pokemon Center in the states to get her.

One is sooner and the other is more convenient.
What to do What to do What to do What to do What to do What to do What to do What to do What to do?

Ultimadrago

If shinobu in your collection is equal to zero, buy shinobu.

Also, watch the show sooner rather than later, or you will deeply regret it when she goes up in price down the road.

imagez1s1w.jpg

Not lying on that hike though. I've seen those GSC Shinobu prices.

omlet

Hmm to pre order Cynthia now or wait for the Pokemon Center in the states to get her.

One is sooner and the other is more convenient.
What to do What to do What to do What to do What to do What to do What to do What to do What to do?

After BIJ forwarding fees her price will be 6113 yen, plus shipping, so probably around 7000 for SAL to the US, or about $58 with current exchange rate. Her MSRP is higher than Red's so she'll probably be more than the $50 that Red was on PC.

I went ahead ordered one from amazon jp with BIJ forwarding for now. You can only order 1 from them.

Edit: So basically don't buy her for any more than 6113 yen (like from places such as this shop linked in the MFC comments).

Ryuuroden

This. Another route is to go with one of those private PO box places, as not only will they put big boxes aside, they accept UPS/FedEx/etc deliveries and will sign for them on your behalf.

This is what I have and it's nice to not to ever have to worry about stolen packages or missed delivery times. Oh, this is for the US, btw. Not sure how the system works in other countries.

Private boxes are the best. That's what I use. Has saved me a lot of grief since. I've been out of town for multiple weeks before I can pick up stuff. They sign for my items and email me when something arrives. Mine is open to 7 pm every weekday and till 4:30 on Saturdays. Totally worth the 60 dollars a year. Also, with the exception of Lego.com everyone will ship to them. Even ones who won't ship to po boxes will ship to a private postal shop due to non po address.

Acid08

Banned
yeah by far my biggest amiami order and my most expensive month, I also have 4 mandarake orders a plamoya order, and a ebay order T_T Though im very excited to share my ton of loot when it arrives so I'll be taking lots of pictures. Due to how much stuff and pictures i'll need I'll most likely just make a loot post on mfc and post the link here as to not have a single post clog on a ton of space lol

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the pictures of all of that O_O

LiK

Not sure if I should get Cynthia. Maybe to resell if she ends up being worth a lot. I don't even know who she is lol

But now I can browse Amazon Japan and check out stuff I couldn't buy before. A whole new world.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the pictures of all of that O_O

Yeah, all in all if I add the cost of all the orders it total a little over 200k yen T_T when all my orders come in my bedroom should be ready as the furniture is getting delivered early next week so I'll be able to take some pictures of that too.

We do not speak of that place. We avoid it like the plague. It is harmful to us!

Yes very much so lol

Bombless

Yeah, all in all if I add the cost of all the orders it total a little over 200k yen T_T when all my orders come in my bedroom should be ready as the furniture is getting delivered early next week so I'll be able to take some pictures of that too.

Yes very much so lol

Shipping box pic pls. That's our fetish.

omlet

Not sure if I should get Cynthia. Maybe to resell if she ends up being worth a lot. I don't even know who she is lol

Basically same for me. I ordered one. It's cute and the big pokemon is neat but I will sell it if price goes up.

Move over, Femto, there is a new boss in town.

Shipping box pic pls. That's our fetish.

Yeah I make sure to take pictures of the boxes before I open them, only thing is as the orders are coming in at different times and I dont have much free closet space I;ve had to get rid of some of the shipping boxes so I unfortunately cant take a pictures of every shipping box next to each other.

RMI

Banned
imagez1s1w.jpg

Not lying on that hike though. I've seen those GSC Shinobu prices.

If you can get Koto's for a reasonable price, it's pretty similar to this alter one. Koto has a cuter pose, but I think the faces are better on the Alter one. It's close though.

cajunator

Banned
If you can get Koto's for a reasonable price, it's pretty similar to this alter one. Koto has a cuter pose, but I think the faces are better on the Alter one. It's close though.

Yeah. I have the gsc and kotobukiya. Both are worthy. I dont need another so similar.

kewlmyc

Meh, I'll see if she ever gets a US release like Red did. Don't care enough anymore to get her via proxy, even though it's not a hassle.

Also think I'm going to not get the Turtles anymore. They're cool looking but weren't a big part of my childhood. At all. Hell I barely know all of their names.

Instead, I'll try and collect all of the Max Factory Haruhi figures. Already have one and the rest go for like $30 used.

Ultimadrago

I put a hovering HLJ pre-order on the Alter one. I'll see how I feel in a couple months about it. I really like the Alter one most of all of them, honestly (though the shading/colouring in the hair seems flatter than the Koto version).

Meh, I'll see if she ever gets a US release like Red did. Don't care enough anymore to get her via proxy, even though it's not a hassle.

Also think I'm going to not get the Turtles anymore. They're cool looking but weren't a big part of my childhood. At all. Hell I barely know all of their names.

Instead, I'll try and collect all of the Max Factory Haruhi figures. Already have one and the rest go for like $30 used.

Look at kewl, stomping all those impulses. I'm proud~

LiK

I'm having such a hard time finding Persona 4/Steins;Gate iPhone 5 cases. If you guys know of a store that sells the official Japanese ones, lemme know. I keep finding too many sites that sell bootleg shit

Bombless

Seriously though, I haven't browsed the Amiami used section in months. I've looked for KanColle nendos this one time, yes, but I made sure no extra browsing was made : too many orders, a way too itchy trigger finger and the chances of falling upon a Koto Tomo Asama or Catsuit Meiko is too great.

I long for the day I will be able to look at it again but for the time being, it's the Forbidden City.

Oh Cynthia's already up for pre-order?

Ehhhh...it's nice to know I can easily order her but dunno, I'm not that much of a fan of Pokemon's Lightning-sama to bother.

Maybe if the US Pokemon Center ends up selling her again, I'll reconsider then.

souhait

Neo Member
Managed to snag a preorder for Luke on BiJ before they closed again this morning - their price is cheaper than Amiami and he's paid for, so that's good. I'd love an Asch to go with him.

Cynthia is cute but I haven't played DPP. I'm in the "if she gets a U.S. release" camp too for now.

kewlmyc

Oh Cynthia's already up for pre-order?

Ehhhh...it's nice to know I can easily order her but dunno, I'm not that much of a fan of Pokemon's Lightning-sama to bother.

Maybe if the US Pokemon Center ends up selling her again, I'll reconsider then.

Lucario?

LiK

hey guys, for BiJ forwarding comments, did you put Amazon.co.jp as the place you bought item or did you put in the entire URL?

They are fine to order from, I've had three recent orders with them myself, and they are as good as their word, ship fast and have great packaging, but they have a 500 yen fee for any international orders.

I don't think they are the same as the Anime Jungle in LA, don't even know why we call them anime jungle, as they seem to call themselves just Jungle....
I think they are the same store, as the Japanese website has a link to their US website, which is the store in LA. Separate web stores, separate inventories, but looks like they're all associated under the same company.

Anyways, ordered...thanks again, yo.
(my wallet hates me even more.)

LiK

fuck it, I ordered a phone case from Amazon Japan. chose EMS from BiJ for shipping. I really don't wanna wait another few weeks after they get it, lol

price difference between Registered SAL and EMS for a phone case can't be too much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom