• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Both Big in Japan and Anime Island haven't emailed me back answers to my questions on how transferring the shipping address to a different location after paying in full works. I guess they don't want my money after all.

My february amiami order finally requested payment and the shipping wasn't as bad as I feared (Though its still quite a bit lol)

3A15rVM.png

Goddamn, dude.
Man, you a straight-up baller.

yeah by far my biggest amiami order and my most expensive month, I also have 4 mandarake orders a plamoya order, and a ebay order T_T Though im very excited to share my ton of loot when it arrives so I'll be taking lots of pictures. Due to how much stuff and pictures i'll need I'll most likely just make a loot post on mfc and post the link here as to not have a single post clog on a ton of space lol

Wasn't someone looking for the Saber Figma 2.0 ? Anime Jungle have 3 of them for 6.4k apiece...
That's me =) Thanks Baka!

But, how is Anime Jungle? Never ordered from them before...and how's their shipping rates to the US?

Edit: oh wait, this is the same company that has that huge store in Little Tokyo Los Angeles...?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Speaking of stuck in someones craw, instead of replying right away to Nippon-Yasan I slept on it, but my feeling are the same, so I typed this out and sent it:

Inb4 that escalated quickly gif...

Nice. I might also reply in a similar fashion, but indicate that I won't be interested in doing any future business with them. I have no open pre-orders at N-Y. They need to be aware that this is an issue they shouldn't just dismiss.

I'm planning to use BiJ too. Are they cool with preordering forwarding services this far in advance? (Guess I answered my own question if you already said you used them. :p)
Yeah they are cool with advance preordering, just make sure you write down what you preordered on their comment section.
what are the BiJ fees like?

edit: nm, only 500 yen? pretty damn good
500 yen + shipping fees

LiK

fuck, wish I knew about BiJ's service. I would've preordered the damn 3DS Zelda faceplates with them before they sold out. i'll def use them for hard to find phone cases now.

Looking closer, 500 is deceptive:

STEP 3. We receive your order and send you a Paypal invoice with the amount you need to pay : 500 yen (+ 500 yen if you choose repackaging) + international shipping fees + Paypal fees (3.2% of total amount + 40 yen)

yea, I saw all that too. it's still less than a lot of other forwarding services and the process seems pretty easy.

Einbroch

Banned
Looking closer, 500 is deceptive:

STEP 3. We receive your order and send you a Paypal invoice with the amount you need to pay : 500 yen (+ 500 yen if you choose repackaging) + international shipping fees + Paypal fees (3.2% of total amount + 40 yen)

Well, it's free shipping from Amazon to BIJ, so it's really just normal international shipping + you covering their PayPal fees. So the grand total is 702 yen to forward.

If you use yen to dollar, the total is $50.40. If you don't have prime, and use SAL, the price between forwarding and buying from Amazon if she ever gets a US release is minimal. Maybe a dollar or two more.

omlet

It's definitely still pretty cheap. I just didn't want anyone to be like "you lied it's not only 500 yen! Now I can't afford this 3.2%+40 yen overhead and have to cancel mai waifu order ; ;" or something.

LiK

Well, it's free shipping from Amazon to BIJ, so it's really just normal international shipping + you covering their PayPal fees. So the grand total is 702 yen to forward.

If you use yen to dollar, the total is $50.40. If you don't have prime, and use SAL, the price between forwarding and buying from Amazon if she ever gets a US release is minimal. Maybe a dollar or two more.

yeas, this is gonna be great with Amazon Japan. they sell a lot of things that won't ship internationally that I want. they'll be my new heroes, lol

LiK

fuck, I dunno how to enter BiJ's address into Amazon. Mainly the Zip Code and Prefecture parts. Anyone wanna take a screenshot for me? I'm not familiar with Japan addresses lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would be interesting to hear the final cost comparison between BiJ and Tenso. But considering the malarky I had to go through for Tenso to be happy I don't fancy doing that again.

Theonik

Would be interesting to hear the final cost comparison between BiJ and Tenso. But considering the malarky I had to go through for Tenso to be happy I don't fancy doing that again.
You mean the identity confirmation? That's a one time thing.

LiK

someone told me Tenso's CSR is uncommunicative so I'm gonna try BiJ instead.

Luigi87

Have you considered a forwarding service like Tenso?

I haven't, but using their estimate, they have it at 3,250 yen for something that is only 600g being shipped via SAL (unregistered) o_o (conversely the cost to me from AmiAmi would be 680 yen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom