• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Got a box full of despair in today:

iB61ebQMfclQ4.JPG

Got her pretty discounted since it was listed as "unopened/box severely damaged." Not surprising at all but the severely damaged box only has some scuffs on the corners and no other problems. That crazy collectors mentality saving me money. Thanks again for posting it johnsmith.

Got her pretty discounted since it was listed as "unopened/box severely damaged." Not surprising at all but the severely damaged box only has some scuffs on the corners and no other problems. That crazy collectors mentality saving me money. Thanks again for posting it johnsmith.

Nice, I'll probably get one in the future too.

LiK

I got that too from Mandy. still in box tho

george_us

Ohhhh which Junko figure is that? She looks awesome.

I found the cover design earlier for the forthcoming UK release of the first Nisekoi box set (which I believe matches one of the US sets):

bd01bjupj.jpg

2duu4m.jpg

I'm happy with my Alter preorder :)

HItman84

Neo Member
Not a fan of busts but Tali gets a pass. Who made it?

My first bust as well, and I got it mainly because it's tali, there's so little of her out there.

Only name on the box is Thinkgeek Solutions, it was sold directly by the Bioware site, went up for pre-order a month or so ago and jumped on it. Little bigger then I actually expected and it won't fit where I wanted to put it, hah.

I once wanted the figure, but I watched a bit of Nisekoi and thank god hated the character, she's nowhere near the gorilla that I liked in the past (
Naru Narusegawa
).

I must say though, the sculpt is fantastic, it looks absolutely amazing.

Ultimadrago

I once wanted the figure, but I watched a bit of Nisekoi and thank god hated the character, she's nowhere near the gorilla that I liked in the past (
Naru Narusegawa
).

Yeah, the design is cute, but even dakku hates her. How can you make dakku hate you? :( Makes me wonder about the personality.

kewlmyc

Why is Chitoge getting so much hate? She cool/cute/(insert nice word to describe waifu) in the manga. Onodera is kinda dull. She's never assertive and if she was for at least 5 minutes, she'd win the harem easily.

Acid08

Banned
Why is Chitoge getting so much hate? She cool/cute/(insert nice word to describe waifu) in the manga. Onodera is kinda dull. She's never assertive and if she was for at least 5 minutes, she'd win the harem easily.

Onodera is just cute as fuck and super easy to root for in the whole thing. I find Chitoge to be hilarious too, her scenes with Raku are always entertaining.

Why can't we all just get along :'(

Femto.

After BIJ forwarding fees her price will be 6113 yen, plus shipping, so probably around 7000 for SAL to the US, or about $58 with current exchange rate. Her MSRP is higher than Red's so she'll probably be more than the $50 that Red was on PC.

I went ahead ordered one from amazon jp with BIJ forwarding for now. You can only order 1 from them.

Edit: So basically don't buy her for any more than 6113 yen (like from places such as this shop linked in the MFC comments).

I just realized that she came out in July and AX is that month. I'm probably going to have to wait for PC to get it for the US. Wah.

kewlmyc

Onodera is just cute as fuck and super easy to root for in the whole thing. I find Chitoge to be hilarious too, her scenes with Raku are always entertaining.

Why can't we all just get along :'(

What's there to cheer for? If she just says, "YO I LIKE YOU TOO RAKU", she'd win. The series would be over. They've liked each other since chapter 1. This could have been a 1 chapter manga. She has zero backbone and Ruri is the one who is forcing her to actually do anything progressive in the series. No character development either. Hell her sister who's introduced halfway through the series has way more character development than Onodera ever did and is a much better character. There's a whole arc based around Onodera not knowing what she wants to do with her life, then at the end, she decided she wants to be a wife. ...what? Are you fucking serious? That's it!?

You know what, she should win, because she has nothing else going for her. If she doesn't get with Raku, then she has nothing else. NOTHING ELSE.

Dammit, Nisekoi always makes me go on rants. Why the hell am I still reading this garbage!? Oh yeah, because I really like Shuu and Ruri, who are freaking side characters who will get no merch.

Bombless

What's there to cheer for? If she just says, "YO I LIKE YOU TOO RAKU", she'd win. The series would be over. They've liked each other since chapter 1. This could have been a 1 chapter manga. She has zero backbone and Ruri is the one who is forcing her to actually do anything progressive in the series. No character development either. Hell her sister who's introduced halfway through the series has way more character development than Onodera ever did and is a much better character. There's a whole arc based around Onodera not knowing what she wants to do with her life, then at the end, she decided she wants to be a wife. ...what? Are you fucking serious? That's it!?

You know what, she should win, because she has nothing else going for her. If she doesn't get with Raku, then she has nothing else. NOTHING ELSE.

Dammit, Nisekoi always makes me go on rants. Why the hell am I still reading this garbage!? Oh yeah, because I really like Shuu and Ruri, who are freaking side characters who will get no merch.

This is basically why I dropped this show after about 3 episodes.

Acid08

Banned

Maybe you didn't understand me Kewl.

SHE IS CUTE AS FUCK.

That's all there needs to be ;P. What you don't like about it sounds like just typical harem crap, which Nisekoi very much is. You knew the risks. Biggest thing about Nisekoi for me is that I actually find it to be really funny. I do question how long I can hang with it though, knowing that even more girls are going to be added. Like, its been obvious from the beginning that Onodera and Chitoge are going to be the only ones that matter. Dragging it out isn't going to do it any favors.

kewlmyc

Maybe you didn't understand me Kewl.

SHE IS CUTE AS FUCK.

That's all there needs to be ;P. What you don't like about it sounds like just typical harem crap, which Nisekoi very much is. You knew the risks. Biggest thing about Nisekoi for me is that I actually find it to be really funny. I do question how long I can hang with it though, knowing that even more girls are going to be added. Like, its been obvious from the beginning that Onodera and Chitoge are going to be the only ones that matter. Dragging it out isn't going to do it any favors.

You're right. It's generic harem to the core, but the problem is that it has two pretty good side characters which you don't see much in harem series. Those side characters make me want to get into the series, then I realise that the main character and his harem are tripe, then I drop it until there's a new ShuuxRuri chapter. It's been like this for a few years now. However they're now sprinkling ShuuxRuri moments into random harem chapters so I'm reading all the chapters now and oh god make it stop. I want off this crazy ride.

LiK

man, the iphone case I bought won't ship until 6~10 days to BiJ. it's from a reseller on Amazon Japan. gonna be a long wait :(

george_us

You're right. It's generic harem to the core, but the problem is that it has two pretty good side characters which you don't see much in harem series. Those side characters make me want to get into the series, then I realise that the main character and his harem are tripe, then I drop it until there's a new ShuuxRuri chapter. It's been like this for a few years now. However they're now sprinkling ShuuxRuri moments into random harem chapters so I'm reading all the chapters now and oh god make it stop. I want off this crazy ride.
To be fair, is there any good harem anime/manga? Only one I can think of off of the top of my head is Tench Muyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom