• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

So what is the best method in order to obtain Cynthia nendo?

Right now? Buy on amazon jp and get BiJ or Tenso to forward it to you.

In the coming months? Possibly pokemon center release like with Red (RIP Canada) at around the same price as importing now.

Also in August right after release she may be reasonable (like <10k) on manda/ami preowned. Or not.

Acid08

Banned
To be fair, is there any good harem anime/manga? Only one I can think of off of the top of my head is Tench Muyo.

I haven't seen that show since it was on Toonami. Wouldn't mind going back to it to see if it holds up to what I remember. One of those girls was my first anime crush when I was a kid haha, can't remember her name though.

Nisekoi is filled with tropes and nonsense, but I still found it really enjoyable. That's more than I can say for most of the harem stuff I've seen. Highschool DxD was also pretty entertaining for.....reasons.

I haven't seen that show since it was on Toonami. Wouldn't mind going back to it to see if it holds up to what I remember. One of those girls was my first anime crush when I was a kid haha, can't remember her name though.

Are you talking about Tenchi Universe or the OVA?

Tenchi girls were Ryoko, Kiyone, Mihoshi, Ayeka, Sasami, and Washuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

It better not have been Sasami. At least not young Sasami.

Acid08

Banned
Are you talking about Tenchi Universe or the OVA?

Tenchi girls were Ryoko, Kiyone, Mihoshi, Ayeka, Sasami, and Washuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

It better not have been Sasami. At least not young Sasami.

Just looked them up, it was Ryoko.

I think he means PLOT.

I look forward to more plot in the third season.

I think the worst harem I've suffered through was Rosario Vampire. What a pile of shit that was.

Asia and Koneko are best girls!

I live that Akeno life.

Right now? Buy on amazon jp and get BiJ or Tenso to forward it to you.

In the coming months? Possibly pokemon center release like with Red (RIP Canada) at around the same price as importing now.

Also in August right after release she may be reasonable (like <10k) on manda/ami preowned. Or not.

RIP Canada indeed. Seems my best option is to use a forwarding service.

george_us

what a classic but I think if I went back to that, I'd probably won't like it as much now.

does Ranma 1/2 qualify?

Nisekoi is filled with tropes and nonsense, but I still found it really enjoyable. That's more than I can say for most of the harem stuff I've seen. Highschool DxD was also pretty entertaining for.....reasons.
I still need to watch Ranma 1/2. That'll be my next watch after I finish watching OG Dragon Ball.

The Tenchi Muyo OVA still holds up great imo, watched it a couple of months ago. Probably one of the few early anime dubs I genuinely like, especially Ryoko.

Oh man Highschool DxD...lol. I watched five episodes or so but couldn't take it anymore. If the show was more self-aware about its overt perv factor then I might have been able to stick with it. Same reason I couldn't get more than three episodes into Queen's Blade before shutting it off in disgust.

Actually, now that I'm on this train of thought, Heaven's Lost Property is a guilty pleasure of mine. One of the funniest animes I've ever watched despite some of the...stranger themes. The flying panties episodes left me tears.

LiK

I still need to watch Ranma 1/2. That'll be my next watch after I finish watching OG Dragon Ball.

The Tenchi Muyo OVA still holds up great imo, watched it a couple of months ago. Probably one of the few early anime dubs I genuinely like, especially Ryoko.

Oh man Highschool DxD...lol. I watched five episodes or so but couldn't take it anymore. If the show was more self-aware about its overt perv factor then I might have been able to stick with it. Same reason I couldn't get more than three episodes into Queen's Blade before shutting it off in disgust.

Actually, now that I'm on this train of thought, Heaven's Lost Property is a guilty pleasure of mine. One of the funniest animes I've ever watched despite some of the...stranger themes. The flying panties episodes left me tears.

OMG, Ranma was what got me into anime when I was a kid. It was a revelation. I was obsessed with the first two seasons. Didn't get into the later seasons as much. But man, the music was stellar. Best 90's J-pop.

kewlmyc

How does licening work for these figures. For example, does Atlus get some % of the revenue for every Persona figurine sold?

That's a good question that I don't think anybody here knows the answer to. It's more on the business side of things, we're just the consumers.

Same here. Liked Heaven's Lost Property because it put stupid humor before the romance and got pretty serious at times.

Another harem that's good is My Bride's a Mermaid. Not sure if it even qualifies as a harem though, since the main character is technically married. One of the funniest anime I've ever watched. Another good harem is
Persona 4

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm still thinking about getting Cynthia forwarded by BiJ, but I have some questions for someone whose never used this kind of service before.

So can you order off Amazon.jp as a guest I assume? They say to input your name and their address, but I would think that you would need to make an account with that info? Then from there just buy the 500Y ticket on BiJ and wait?

LiK

So I'm still thinking about getting Cynthia forwarded by BiJ, but I have some questions for someone whose never used this kind of service before.

So can you order off Amazon.jp as a guest I assume? They say to input your name and their address, but I would think that you would need to make an account with that info? Then from there just buy the 500Y ticket on BiJ and wait?

If you have an Amazon account already, just use that but change the shipping to BiJ's address with your name.

Just pick up my Satan from the post office...and will be adding it to the Unboxed Figure Pile of Shame(tm). Would make it a work figure, but...yeah.

As for harem anime/manga, I was always partial to Love Hina, especially as it's one of the few stories in that genre that has a truly satisfying ending. Ranma is a good one because it has a harem situation for everyone: Akane, Ranma, Other Ranma all have their fan clubs and hit squads

LiK

YES

B_cf8iSVEAA3P6t.jpg:large

LiK

Oh so Amazon.com accounts can also work for .jp in that regard?

yea, works across all Amazon sites. It's pretty handy. But all order history stuff and payment is separate. Login is identical tho so you don't need to remember different login shit.

huh really? the last time I remember, you need to re-register on Amazon JP as their login is separate from other region Amazon. when did they changed that?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That makes things more confusing :p Guess if I go for it, make an account with my name and their shipping address?

I guess the billing makes things even more confusing, though, as BiJ doesn't really state what to do with that.

LiK

That makes things more confusing :p Guess if I go for it, make an account with my name and their shipping address?

I guess the billing makes things even more confusing, though, as BiJ doesn't really state what to do with that.

billing can just be your address with credit card you used. all you need to do is change shipping to BiJ.

chrono01

I found the cover design earlier for the forthcoming UK release of the first Nisekoi box set (which I believe matches one of the US sets):

bd01bjupj.jpg

2duu4m.jpg

I'm happy with my Alter preorder :)
Yeah, the sculpt really is amazing. Alter does it again. I am slightly disappointed to see the tips of her hair not shaded in that pink color. I guess the figure is more accurate to the anime version, though.

As for Cynthia, I'm really not sure whether I should go for her or not. I might place a pre-order now and give it some thought. Thankfully, it's Amazon Japan and I could always cancel later if I change my mind. She looks nice, but I'm not sure I want to continue collecting these Pokémon Nendoroid. Not if GSC continue to make them exclusives...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
billing can just be your address with credit card you used. all you need to do is change shipping to BiJ.

Ohhhh ok got it! Thanks. Yeah looking at the instructions again now, all you pay for is their fees and shipping, indicating that you pay for the actual item yourself.

LiK

Ohhhh ok got it! Thanks. Yeah looking at the instructions again now, all you pay for is their fees and shipping, indicating that you pay for the actual item yourself.

yea, forwarding is much easier to deal with. i've only done proxy before. happy Samurai mentioned BiJ earlier today.

arue

That BiJ forwarding service sounds very useful. Amazon.jp often has figures cheaper than Amiami and/or Mandarake.

chrono01

I just pre-ordered Cynthia too. I'm not 100% sure on her purchase, but I thought it'd be wise to pre-order now and give it some thought rather than wait until later and risk her being sold out.

omlet

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Godoka nendo is so cute.

Not a "real" shoot since I got to many things left to unbox to mess with setting up for photographing tonight, but here's quick shot (1/8 scale Madoka looming behind for... well, scale). A little tricky to assemble (protip to anyone who plans to get her... microwave a bowl of water for 1 minute to warm it up and dunk her rear hair piece in it to soften it up a bit otherwise you will have a bad time trying to attach her wings). Very cute. Only two faces is a little bit of a bummer but the will suffice. Not as good as the scale but great for a nendo.

kewlmyc

You can't just tells us you bought stuff and not say what it was.

It's the ones I mentioned I would buy here.

Meh, I'll see if she ever gets a US release like Red did. Don't care enough anymore to get her via proxy, even though it's not a hassle.

Also think I'm going to not get the Turtles anymore. They're cool looking but weren't a big part of my childhood. At all. Hell I barely know all of their names.

Instead, I'll try and collect all of the Max Factory Haruhi figures. Already have one and the rest go for like $30 used.

Got them all for less than the price of one Ninja Turtle.

RETURN OF THE IMPULSE

S-S-S-Shut up! ;_;

Boo, making me regret not getting that Disappearance of Haruhi Kyon nendo right now, booooo

Yes, I also know they are probably pretty easy to find on Mandarake, I'm just pretending they don't exist on them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom