• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Well that's certainly...something.

As for that Hatsune Miku 1/4 scale, apparently the twintails are shipped separately in their own boxes [due to their size]. The shipping costs for that entire package will be insane.

Ha ha wow.

She does look nice, but bleh just by the fact that I don't want to deal with a 1/4 scale figure let alone the price tag.:p

Yeah, the total cost for it wouldn't surprise me if it was as high as 32,000 yen, possibly even more than that.

Might be (slightly) cheaper at GSC's online shop, lol

----------------------------------

The following release dates have been confirmed:

Shipping out from GSC on the 18th March 2015:
Good Smile Company - Hatsune Miku x CuteRody Rubber Straps (Grape ver. / Lemon ver. / Apricot ver. / Peach ver.)
Good Smile Company - Hatsune Miku x CuteRody Acrylic Pass Case
Good Smile Company - Hatsune Miku x CuteRody Multi-stand
Phat! Company - Yasuna & Sonya

The following products have had their release dates changed:

Delayed from March 2015 to April 2015:
FREEing - Oliga: Bunny Ver.
FREEing - Alice Kuonji
FREEing - Kokonoe

Rejoyce BGBW!

(Probably) Despair everyone who ordered Nanami!

A gift from Miku.

Congrats on becoming a member, CrazyMoonTalk!

Thank you! The best part is, aside from around 6 posts or so, it was all done in the FigureGAF OT.

Those 6 posts make me think I should just stick to the FigureGAF OT lol. Except for 1, they were all ignored. Even the post I spent 3 hours editing for the KanColle OT =/. (EDIT: ThePeoplesBureau didn't snub me though :D)

Anyway, I think I might be in on that Miku. I'll have to see how taxes treat me. I'm going to end up paying this year, but if it's under 3k, I'm in. My September was clear anyway.

Kudo

What is the longest time SAL shipping from AmiAmi has taken for you?
I normally take EMS because my dear figures need to be shipped with utmost priority but 4 weeks ago due to certain reasons I decided to give SAL a try. Now I'm burdened with this worry my already out-of-stock figure will never make it home, of course I can eat the loss and start looking for it used somewhere but I'd rather wait a little longer.
At least now I know if I want to see the figure the same week it's shipped, use EMS.

How many figures do you people usually have on pre-order? I'm having problem dropping the number under 5, everytime I receive something, something good comes up. Buy figure of one character and then they start making figure of every character in the series, no choice than to buy them all.

Giolon

I normally take EMS because my dear figures need to be shipped with utmost priority but 4 weeks ago due to certain reasons I decided to give SAL a try. Now I'm burdened with this worry my already out-of-stock figure will never make it home, of course I can eat the loss and start looking for it used somewhere but I'd rather wait a little longer.
At least now I know if I want to see the figure the same week it's shipped, use EMS.

Though it typically takes about 2.5 weeks for me, SAL has taken over a month before, typically around Christmas time when the postal service gets all jammed up. That's why I almost always go EMS now. Except, as mentioned a few days ago, I've got an EMS package that's been sitting in Japan at a post office in Tokyo for over a week now, and AmiAmi says they won't do any looking into it unless the package still hasn't been delivered until 3/28. Normally EMS arrives within 4 days. :-/ Someone else mentioned having a similar problem right now too.

How many figures do you people usually have on pre-order? I'm having problem dropping the number under 5, everytime I receive something, something good comes up. Buy figure of one character and then they start making figure of every character in the series, no choice than to buy them all.

My longest SAL order from AmiAmi took about 62 days from shipment to delivery.

I have 23 figures pre-ordered. They're spread out from March to September. I just pre-order what I like. If you budget, it's not too difficult to set aside what you need.

And I definitely feel you about buying an entire series of figures. I've gone through 3 shows complete casts now, and I'm caught up with 4 more awaiting further releases.

omlet

Five weeks is my record. Normally it's more like 2-3, but for whatever reason(s), all the stuff I ordered in jan/feb is going really slowly.

Thirty between now and August. That counts duplicates (for example I have 6 stormtrooper nendoroids preordered).

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Longest for SAL is 3 weeks, and it is not SAL's fault, it is the stupid custom delay. The saving from choosing SAL over EMS really adds up.

I usually only have 1 - 2 pre-order per month, that is including gunpla. I do that by being very selective on my purchase. If there are anything I don't like about the figure (ex. from a bad show/ stupid pose/ dumb base/ wierd face/ overly sexualize/ etc), I will pass on it. Being a hater so far had save me a lot of money.

There is also space concern. I personally hate to put too many figures close together, especially when a figure blocking the view of another. May be try set out a budget? I have a $200 hobby monthly budget that can be carry over. Don't worry about missing a figure, something better always come up.

Kudo

Thanks for the fast replies, it was indeed shipped in early February so I guess it might take few more weeks before I see it, having no tracking number though is a "never again" experience for me.

I don't really have problem with space (yet), I even save the original boxes of all my figures. Budget is a good idea but I know I would forget it the moment I see something I must have. Only ordered around 15 last year and brought 5 home from Japan trip, I guess that isn't too much, though I don't buy figmas/nendoroids so they all take lot of space.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
WHAT?

IS THAT BEAR STUFFED WITH DIAMONDS OR SOMETHING?
That price isn't that out of the ordinary when it comes to Steiff bears.

Holy crap, that new witch figure that AmiAmi put up is super-lewd. The winged dicks are hilarious... And the "shower" effect part.....
ibgCO3Q8uylAiq.png

White Rabbit have given me a quote for an item with a 325 USD value - they want $40 on top. Does that seem reasonable, or am I getting overcharged here?

It's the MGSV premium package with the 1:1 arm

Acid08

Banned
Might be (slightly) cheaper at GSC's online shop, lol

----------------------------------

Rejoyce BGBW!

(Probably) Despair everyone who ordered Nanami!
I have three figures from the GSC-family that are supposed to be released this month. Kinda just waiting for the disappointment on all of them.

White Rabbit have given me a quote for an item with a 325 USD value - they want $40 on top. Does that seem reasonable, or am I getting overcharged here?

It's the MGSV premium package with the 1:1 arm

with or without shipping? tbh I still think FromJapan should be cheaper even after all those complicated charge/calculation, but they're no longer can order that item since there's user order limit from Konami Style

with or without shipping? tbh I still think FromJapan should be cheaper even after all those complicated charge/calculation, but they're no longer can order that item since there's user order limit from Konami Style

Without shipping (and inevitable import UK customs duty)

I'm kinda inclined to go for it. There are nuttier MGS fans than me out there who would pay well over the retail price, if it turns up and isn't what I expected I'll just sell it on to one of them.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So I got another reply from Nippon-Yasan regarding the Muramasa replacement bodies, so to recap the entire thing thus far.

I sent this last week:
Hobby Japan are supposed to be fixing the issue with the cast off option of this figure, as all figures have been effected, I was wondering when and if you guys will be able to get the replacement body's they are sending out?

Big In Japan have already told their customers they will be taken care of, I'd hate to start giving them all my business in the future if you guys can't compete with that level of customer care.

They sent me this in response:

Hello

Thank you for your message

It's not all figure haves this problem

When we will receive more information we will inform you

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

As they sent everyone the exact same response, I followed up with this to press the issue:

Cut, copying, and pasting the same response to multiple customers regarding the Muramasa cast off issue is not how you keep customers happy or satisfied with your service. Telling me "not all figures have this issue" is a wrong, otherwise apologies would not have been issued by Amakuni, and new bodies would not be fabricated to satisfy customer disappointment.

Nippon-Yasan should be on top of this, acting like a middle man between us and Hobby Japan, and removing any doubt that you can take care of this problem for us, the customers.

If Nippon-Yasan can't guarantee replacement bodies for their customers when they get released in May, I would like you to cancel all my existing pre-orders with you and close my account because I will not do any more business with a company that doesn't have my best interest at heart.

Now their new reply:
Hello

Please accept all apologies but for this moment we didn't receive the parts.

When the maker will send us the items, we will be able to send you if your figure have this problem

But unfortunately for this moment , you will have to wait.

We will contact you around may.

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Got them backpedaling, but still saying "if your figure have this problem", and they also make it sound like I'm expecting them to replace it this instant instead of guaranteeing me that that they are on top of this situation, which is all I was after.

Got them backpedaling, but still saying "if your figure have this problem", and they also make it sound like I'm expecting them to replace it this instant instead of guaranteeing me that that they are on top of this situation, which is all I was after.

And this is why I warn people away from N-Y. Their customer service is abysmal, as soon as anything goes wrong with an order they'll wheel out the copypasta stock responses to the point where it feels like such an uphill struggle to get even a half-way straight answer out of them, that they're doing it on purpose to swat you away.

They clearly haven't learned any lessons from when things got sticky for me with them last year (short version: "We can't cancel your preorders as you requested. If you don't pay, we'll terminate your account" (they never did)); but their reputation for getting stuff that's long sold out, or a fraction cheaper than Play Asia seems to keep them in steady custom.

Remember the Snow Miku bootleg fiasco? That was shambolic. Nippon Yassan is a terrible company and I'll gladly pay slightly higher prices elsewhere than ever give them my business again.

Zerojul

And this is why I warn people away from N-Y. Their customer service is abysmal, as soon as anything goes wrong with an order they'll wheel out the copypasta stock responses to the point where it feels like such an uphill struggle to get even a half-way straight answer out of them, that they're doing it on purpose to swat you away.

They clearly haven't learned any lessons from when things got sticky for me with them last year (short version: "We can't cancel your preorders as you requested. If you don't pay, we'll terminate your account" (they never did)); but their reputation for getting stuff that's long sold out, or a fraction cheaper than Play Asia seems to keep them in steady custom.

Remember the Snow Miku bootleg fiasco? That was shambolic. Nippon Yassan is a terrible company and I'll gladly pay slightly higher prices elsewhere than ever give them my business again.

Never trust the French.

That 1/4 Miku has a very plain base. =/

You'd think that for the effort of moving to 1/4 they'd do something more than an oblong white puddle.

I think I just found my first reason to not pre-order her! :D

Also I just noticed that RAH Sinon was back up for pre-order.

Tidd

One NY order arrived without problems... Just another one and I think I'm done with them. The customer support stories are terrifying. I don't want to support something like this.

In other news just picked up Nami Mugiwara version 2 from my customs office. Nice try NY declaring the package with 30€ but the duty free limit is 26,30€ or something like that. And even then I doubt that the customs will let it go through if I choose EMS. ;)
Here's a picture of her :D

I should buy a decent camera next >.>
and new detolfs and I need a bigger room.

If the base ain't fancy it should be transparent.

Will you settle for milky white?

It reminds me of the horrid base that came with this Metallia figure. My first and only regret as a purchase so far. The other Metallia figure turned out great. I just wish I could undo that purchase. =/

EDIT: Picture of the base in question since MFC doesn't seem to have one

Ugh the base on this figure is garbage. Not only is it ugly and unnecessarily huge, there's half an inch between her foot and the pegs to hold her, and the pegs won't hold the Knight either.

I can relate. I had to bend her legs to a terrifying degree to get them to fit on the pegs. I seriously dislike that base. The figure is fine though...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

I do remember the bootleg fiasco, and how fucked up that was, and that tons of people have had issues and problems with them.

For me it's the story of "they have stuff I want at a price I'm willing to pay, if it's in stock I always get it unlike Mandarake, if I pay for EMS it shows up in 3 days, they mark down all packages no matter how big, and I've never had to pay customs tax on a single item I've ordered from them..."

Which were all strong points, but this wishy washy half assed answer shit it bugging the hell out of me, having to bicker with them bugs me more.

I have 8 pre-orders with them right now, 4 of which are in fact my entire March order:

The other 4 figures are, Bishoujo She-Hulk, GSC Wo-class, Satsuki in Senketsu and the Koto Dark Olivia reprint.

Some of these pre-orders might be hard to replace, but I could in fact live without most of them except for Iscandar, and Wo-Class.

I feel like I need to make up my mind with a clear head, but my guts telling me to walk away now regardless.

The bottom line is if I walk away from my pre-orders and they get replacement bodies in I'll feel like an asshole, if I pay for my pre-orders and they don't get replacement bodies in I'll feel like a bigger asshole.

No matter what I decided I'm not making anymore orders with them.

That big Miku really emphasizes how boring of a figure OG Miku is.

For me it's less about Miku's 'classic' design being boring, more the missed opportunity to use the huge wealth of weird and wonderful designs of her out there by amateur as well as professional designers alike. The current safe option for the manufacturers seems to be either vanilla or racing Miku, with a random oddity release sprinkled in every now and then. Even just using her in Project DIVA costumes would be a step in the right direction.

For me it's less about Miku's 'classic' design being boring, more the missed opportunity to use the huge wealth of weird and wonderful designs of her out there by amateur as well as professional designers alike. The current safe option for the manufacturers seems to be either vanilla or racing Miku, with a random oddity release sprinkled in every now and then. Even just using her in Project DIVA costumes would be a step in the right direction.

There isn't really a shortage of more unique Miku figures. In fact every figure of her I own is non-standard. Max Factory alone are putting out two different designs so far this year. Of course there could be more, but Miku is a weird choice to use in complaining about a lack of varied representation. Luka on the other hand...

I'm with Bombless in that I don't find her original design that appealing unless something interesting is done with it like the Love is War set.

ReBirFh

No reason to apologize. I've never dealt with Nin Nin so I can't help with that but did you have the Amiami order shipped by SAL or EMS and why do you think is lost?

Edit: That is possibly the best snow Miku I have seen. I like that design.

SAL tracked (89 days ago) with the messsage "not located on the postal stream" and I have already received some orders made after that one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Considering the amount of times they've done it, they might as delay it again so they can ship it with Kyouko Toshinou.

That's right GSC, I'm going to be negative about even your good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom