• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
Can someone save me the trouble of searching back through one or two threads, and post a link to a good brush for cleaning hard to reach spots on figures? I think Johnsmith maybe posted the link last time.

I noticed some dust accumulating on nuclear fusion rin in some hard to reach spots.

kewlmyc

I need to know ASAP so I know whether I can buy more figures or not.

"I don't have a problem, I swear."

Can someone save me the trouble of searching back through one or two threads, and post a link to a good brush for cleaning hard to reach spots on figures? I think Johnsmith maybe posted the link last time.

I noticed some dust accumulating on nuclear fusion rin in some hard to reach spots.

+1

I use it and it's great. That and a microfiber cloth work wonders.

+1

I use it and it's great. That and a microfiber cloth work wonders.

Does the brush have a limited lifespan or is it infinitely reusable? Does it get to a point where it swallowed too much dust and you have to toss it? Am I asking silly questions?

Man, MegaHouse needs to make Kycilia next after they release Sayla.

kewlmyc

Does the brush have a limited lifespan or is it infinitely reusable? Does it get to a point where it swallowed too much dust and you have to toss it? Am I asking silly questions?

Yes, you are. I haven't had to switch the brush out, it's not that thick for dust to get trapped in it. Also it's not like your cleaning out your attic with it, your figures shouldn't be covered in an inch of dust.

Yes, you are. I haven't had to switch the brush out, it's not that thick for dust to get trapped in it. Also it's not like your cleaning out your attic with it, your figures shouldn't be covered in an inch of dust.

Sometimes i think I live in the desert, tbh.

I do remember the bootleg fiasco, and how fucked up that was, and that tons of people have had issues and problems with them.

For me it's the story of "they have stuff I want at a price I'm willing to pay, if it's in stock I always get it unlike Mandarake, if I pay for EMS it shows up in 3 days, they mark down all packages no matter how big, and I've never had to pay customs tax on a single item I've ordered from them..."

Which were all strong points, but this wishy washy half assed answer shit it bugging the hell out of me, having to bicker with them bugs me more.

This sounds so familiar. I'm sorry you have to deal with their CS. The only way I could get them to budge is by contacting Good Smile to prove to them that my Snow Miku was a bootleg.

Bombless

Yasuna & Sonia finally released. YESSSSSSS!
Edit : Amish, how do you like having the back of your shelves mirrored? I was thinking of maybe doing that in my Besta shelves.

This sounds so familiar. I'm sorry you have to deal with their CS. The only way I could get them to budge is by contacting Good Smile to prove to them that my Snow Miku was a bootleg.

That's messed up. I'm going to try and remember to deal with BiJ exclusively after my current N-Y pre-orders have been fulfilled.

Seeing more usual bad experiences with N-Y is making me glad I was hesitant on ordering a prize figure from them.

I rather keep stalking the Mandarake and Amiami updates instead of dealing with them. ~_~

Bombless

I will keep using N-Y for expensive exclusives as long as they will continue to be the only store that guarantees no customs fees.

RMI

Banned
Do nendos need to be replaced every one to two years?

don't get me wrong, i'm not defending the ridiculous watch price or saying that nendos are too expensive. just joking around. IMO the correct price to pay for a watch is $0, because outside of specific situations (e.g. diving or something) there are few reasons to have a time-piece strapped to your wrist.

don't get me wrong, i'm not defending the ridiculous watch price or saying that nendos are too expensive. just joking around. IMO the correct price to pay for a watch is $0, because outside of specific situations (e.g. diving or something) there are few reasons to have a time-piece strapped to your wrist.
I own a nice watch, but I only wear it for important business meetings. I already have to wear a tie everyday, no way am I bothering with a watch as well

I would imagine some people would pay to have a figure strapped to your wrist.

Yasuna & Sonia finally released. YESSSSSSS!
Edit : Amish, how do you like having the back of your shelves mirrored? I was thinking of maybe doing that in my Besta shelves.

It's different, but I think I like it. It does let you see more of figures than you otherwise would, I suppose.

Einbroch

Banned
SJEupIA.jpg

Hands-on-hips Nendos <333

My Rialia finally arrived along with Jubilee. Will unbox them later tonight. Also my Yosuke and Yu arrived in LA. Should have them by the end of the week. It's a good way to start the week.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Hoooly shit, Native is making a figure based on the cover of Mochi's Undead Princess tankobon?! I... I don't know what to do with myself!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Yeah, well I'm done with them myself, after reading and re-reading all the fuck ton of issues everyone else had/is having/etc, and browsing the cheapassgaffer thread I can't give them any more of my money or business.To me it'll send the wrong signal, and the only way to get across my dissatisfaction is to say nothing more and ignore their payment request for the items I pre-ordered and move them elsewhere.

Wo-class is still up at Amazon.jp (which I can cancel if amiami opens her back up), and GSC Mikasa (not the DX I started with, but I probably didn't have the space for her big ass base anyway) is still on amiami so both re-pre-ordered. I'm gonna have to hunt for Iscandar but as with all the Yamato space girls she shouldn't be that hard to get and I'd rather pay more elsewhere or in the after market then deal with NY ever again.

LiK

Any good sites with lighting techniques for figures? I kinda wanna share some nice pics of my figures finally. I wanna make them look nice like you peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom