• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got an A/B 1/6 Kotobukiya Takaya Noriko on Ami for 5k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted her so bad to go with my chogokin Gunbuster. First time I've seen her pop up :')

omlet

H3X guide is cool but too many requirements with the camera lens parts. >.<

You can get a lot of mileage out of a "regular" lens with the a tripod and the right lighting and camera settings. There's really no substitute for experimentation, so just take pics and throw out what you don't like.

LiK

You can get a lot of mileage out of a "regular" lens with the a tripod and the right lighting and camera settings. There's really no substitute for experimentation, so just take pics and throw out what you don't like.

i'll probably just up using Photoshop in the end. lol

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Extollere! Haven't seen you around these parts in a while!!! Link to the figure?

Hi hi!

It's just a sculpt, very NSFW so I won't chance linking it (can't remember the etiquette on linking NSFW ><) But it's in the Native section of the Winter Wonder fest on Neko Magic. It doesn't even look like the illustration card, I'm just excited they are even making it.

Wanderer5

So who is going to buy the Nendoroid Miku game? Nendoroids animated look so weird.

Will probably get around preordering it from gamestop in the next month or so. Looking forward for some more portable miku goodness (since I don't have a vita).

Meanwhile I finally got around ordering this as a last sendoff to Amazon Prime for a while at least.

29997-headerzinogrerevoltechpreorder.jpg

Can't wait to get him!<3 I should get that new spot I have in mind for my figures ready in the next day or two before Zinogre arrives.

Will probably get around preordering it from gamestop in the next month or so. Looking forward for some more portable miku goodness (since I don't have a vita).

Meanwhile I finally got around ordering this as a last sendoff to Amazon Prime for a while at least.

29997-headerzinogrerevoltechpreorder.jpg

Can't wait to get him!<3 I should get that new spot I have in mind for my figures ready in the next day or two before Zinogre arrives.

Damn it looks cool.

SerTapTap

I'm still new to this (he says with 40k yen's worth in his amazon japan cart), I'm waffling over this Sonico After The Party figure--I managed to find a tiger hoodie one of hers for like 40% off on Amazon, but at the same time others of hers are sold out and way pricy. Not sure I'm willing to drop full price on it, but I'm not sure if it's likely to sell out or what either. I know it's always basically a guessing game, but I'm not sure if certain tells should indicate if preording is a good/bad idea.

It's also a bit lewd I guess--the next lewdest thing I have is this one, also sonico

Yeah, well I'm done with them myself, after reading and re-reading all the fuck ton of issues everyone else had/is having/etc, and browsing the cheapassgaffer thread I can't give them any more of my money or business.To me it'll send the wrong signal, and the only way to get across my dissatisfaction is to say nothing more and ignore their payment request for the items I pre-ordered and move them elsewhere.

Wo-class is still up at Amazon.jp (which I can cancel if amiami opens her back up), and GSC Mikasa (not the DX I started with, but I probably didn't have the space for her big ass base anyway) is still on amiami so both re-pre-ordered. I'm gonna have to hunt for Iscandar but as with all the Yamato space girls she shouldn't be that hard to get and I'd rather pay more elsewhere or in the after market then deal with NY ever again.

they never let me down. i ordered like 90% VG goods over the years and never had to swap anything. they were a lil slow with shipping sometimes and one time the box had a dent. that's all the negatives i had with them. hopefully it will stay that way.

I'm still new to this (he says with 40k yen's worth in his amazon japan cart), I'm waffling over this Sonico After The Party figure--I managed to find a tiger hoodie one of hers for like 40% off on Amazon, but at the same time others of hers are sold out and way pricy. Not sure I'm willing to drop full price on it, but I'm not sure if it's likely to sell out or what either. I know it's always basically a guessing game, but I'm not sure if certain tells should indicate if preording is a good/bad idea.

It's also a bit lewd I guess--the next lewdest thing I have is this one, also sonico

It varies with Sonico (well any figure really). I try to do day one on most Sonico figures (she my fav).

I also recommend this one as I see it is on sale on Amazon.jp for a really good price: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00M7RW2WI/

Unboxed my Riela. Sorry for the crap phone pics. So she was an impulse buy and I'm glad it actually payed off. Besides the boring base and hair seam she's really nice and better than the promo material. Definitely no regrets.

The lance looks better in person. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get the Imca to go with her.

Only gripe is that her base connection seems flimsy.

Bombless

Unboxed my Riela. Sorry for the crap phone pics. So she was an impulse buy and I'm glad it actually payed off. Besides the boring base and hair seam she's really nice and better than the promo material. Definitely no regrets.

The lance looks better in person. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get the Imca to go with her.

That base connection would make me veeery nervous.

Built a crappy light box and took a few quick pics. Its kind of off at the moment, I'm going to figure it out tomorrow. I'm not sure if the fabric used too thick or the lamps aren't that great.

Looks amazing.

Built a crappy light box and took a few quick pics. Its kind of off at the moment, I'm going to figure it out tomorrow. I'm not sure if the fabric used too thick or the lamps aren't that great.

I love this figure.

Well I definitely spoke too soon about my first EMS package, still sitting in New York almost a week later.
So its going to end up taking 2weeks and SAL normally is about 2 1/2 weeks.

That 3x shipping price isn't paying off so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom