• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
fbOaHn0.png

Perfect.

Wanderer5

Aw just notice that Project Mirai is going to have the snow mikus, including the 2015 one, and the halloween one. I probably end up looking into using the 2015 one especially, just cause it going to be a bit special for me, being my first miku and snow miku figure.:p

Wonder if they will do the rest of the crew....
I hope they do Mako.

Yeah I know and I saw the individual box but those exclusive playmats are tempting and 16 boxes would give me a great chance to collect the whole set and special cards. So im debating whether to get it or not but I cant until my new card comes in the mail. Hurry up post office! lol
Damn lol. I'm hesitant to even pick up one box. I know the first LL series TANKED in prices (card value, not booster box).

One thing that's turning me off is that giant bullet, like obviously it's too big to be a tank round. I wish it were a more appropriate prop.
Well it would either be a tank or a oversized shell.

SerTapTap

There are lots of options for display cases. My main display is all DETOLF cases from IKEA. Still a work in progress but here's the most recent picture I have:
DETOLF http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/
BILLY http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40279788/

Detlof looks good. I'm not sure what I'm doing with my interior design though. I have an awesome civil war antique bookcase for my games but probably not the budget at present to furnish everything to match. I like a more modern look as well (my animal crossing houses are always half victorian half modern) but I'm not a big fan of Ikea's quality so far...lots of table legs that wobble. Is the Detolf pretty stable and easy to build? I'd need something with lights, and glass to cover to protect against dust...and to protect from Parker:

Dunno why, but this:

Is super attractive to me. That little dip. Nom.

The squish is great

One shelf down.

Three to go.

I'm about to buy those God Eater 2 nendos! ...I'm not really a fan of the game (only played the first for a little bit) but they're cute and have cool weapons. The way to my heart.

At Sonico's MFC page there is a manual instruction booklet in japanese, the first picture from the "other" section.

Found it! Hm, that's a fair bit of work.

omlet

Detlof looks good. I'm not sure what I'm doing with my interior design though. I have an awesome civil war antique bookcase for my games but probably not the budget at present to furnish everything to match. I like a more modern look as well (my animal crossing houses are always half victorian half modern) but I'm not a big fan of Ikea's quality so far...lots of table legs that wobble. Is the Detolf pretty stable and easy to build? I'd need something with lights, and glass to cover to protect against dust...and to protect from Parker:
DETOLF are very sturdy. You do not need to worry about them wobbling as long as you put them on something sturdy, like a floor or something designed to support their weight.

They're also easy for 1 person to assemble but once they are put together they weigh about 90 pounds so they are not easy to move. To move them around, you should take the shelves out and probably remove the door, if not fully disassemble them (depends on how far you need to move them).

IKEA sells lights that are designed to work with their shelving (DIODER for DETOLF and INREDA for BILLY and BESTA) but they are sold separately.

I compiled a blog post on MFC showing how I put my display together which you can check out here http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/20116

I'm sorry! Sometimes I just don't know. I mean, you still don't have a Tohka... ༼ ◔ ͜ʖ ◔ ༽
Low blow lol

omlet

I could probably use a light at least, so maybe I will look at IKEA for a light strip or such.

I was at the hardware store this weekend (Lowe's) and they have a pretty decent selection of LED lights there, too. Depending on the specific size/shape you're looking for it might be worth checking prices at a place like that.

Wanderer5

Lighting in my house is awful so I definitely need lights. That's why all my pics suck, lol (well that any my phone camera)

That why I tend to bring and take pics of figures outside ( at certain times during the day course) heh, but I been able to use a spotlight for indoor stuff, even through it a bit of pain.. I could probably use a better camera too, but bleh.

Damn lol. I'm hesitant to even pick up one box. I know the first LL series TANKED in prices (card value, not booster box).

Prices on the first box set for the english release seem to be around $70-$80 from what i can find, to me it'll just be really fun to open that many packs of cards. I decided to go ahead and do it by my June order now......

KkuZFzI.png

Einbroch

Banned
People like Kancolle, you still have doubts about taste?

Kancolle does suck, but dammit, it's like Date a Live. Good character designs are more important than the actual content.

Prices on the first box set for the english release seem to be around $70-$80 from what i can find, to me it'll just be really fun to open that many packs of cards. I decided to go ahead and do it by my June order now......

Oh...Oh my God...

wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat

http://i.imgur.com/KkuZFzI.png[img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibv3wlUgq4SeIP.gif

Kancolle does suck, but dammit, it's like Date a Live. Good character designs are more important than the actual content.

Oh...Oh my God...

wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat

My love live obsession shall not lose! I own a Kotori toothbrush :3

I'm only judging because I admit that my tastes are terrible, so that couldn't hurt me.

KkuZFzI.png

Dayum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom