• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, Nowtoe is lame.

Dislike Naoto, Marie.

7Dj53m1.gif

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
To be serious for a second, as a collector you gotta be careful getting so much stuff at once. There's a certain high that comes with online ordering and getting a bunch of stuff in the mail, and believe me I love it to death. It feels like Christmas. It's part of the reason I got so hooked on collecting five years ago. But it's also really, really easy to get overwhelmed and burnt out if you go too fast. There's such a thing as too much, and while the concept of too much is different for everyone, everyone's got that limit and it's very easy to look at everything and go "okay, now what?". It's often at that point that a lot of collectors break down and then maybe sell everything or pack it away without enjoying it, which isn't much of a hobby to be honest.

You guys gotta savor the acquisitions. Buy the shit that you really want, not just stuff you kinda maybe want. And when they come in, admire them. Love them. Because if you don't love the thing you bought, what's the point?

Not judging anyone or making assumptions or calling anyone out, just making a general statement here. I've been to that point a few times where stuff just came so fast that I didn't know what to do with it. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I still have that's packed away and I've completely forgotten about. And I think anyone who's been at this hobby for at least a few years has been down this road once or twice. This cycle of buying, waiting, opening, and admiring is pretty fucking amazing. Just try not to get in over your head, or you'll lose that high and wonder what you're doing with your life.

So true, I went through the same phase with anime and gaming years ago. Got excited, ordered everything, then crashed and burned. I just start recouping recently. It will suck if I got tire of this hobby.

george_us

Persona is one of the main reasons I started buying figs. I'd like to eventually have 1 of each of the main cast and some personas. I know I'll probably never get a Junpai, Ken or 1/8 Kanji.
The dearth of male figures is one of the worst things about this hobby. Like, I know the majority of figure collectors are probably guys, but come on.

Wanderer5

So true, I went through the same phase with anime and gaming years ago. Got excited, ordered everything, then crashed and burned. I just start recouping recently. It will suck if I got tire of this hobby.

Kind of went through that phase with gaming, espeically steam heh, but I finally got away from their sales for the most part, and overall I been more selective in games (not to mention that Guild Wars 2 can often take my gaming time heh).

Figure wise, I glad I going to pretty slow and have a limit. I can't really spend so much, least at once heh, nor do I have so much space, which is partly why I want to mostly stick with stuff like figmas or nendoroids. After Zinogre, unless I ask for Link Nendoroid for b-day or something, my next figure purchases won't probably be till July. July will pretty much be the biggest figure month for me, cause I tend to collect 1-2 figures at Anime AX and now I will have Snow Miku coming in.

This burning out thing happened with me with games, I just stopped buying dozens of games and I felt relieved, to be honest. Dedicated my time to study, work and Pokemon/Smash.

Same here. Aigis nendo was my first figure and before I knew it, I've built a small nendo army. I still need a decent 1/8 P3MC figure!

The only 1/8 P3MC I have found is this prize figure. Everything else I've seen has been 1/10. I actually like prize figs so that's the one I want. Hopefully we'll get some new ones when the 3rd movie drops.

Oddly enough I've never been super tempted to grab any Persona figs despite being a huge fan of the games. Vertex Mitsuru was on my radar for a bit but lost interest when she released.

We need more Jack Frost and Pyro Jack figs tho.

V7yOb2x.gif

>=(
Haven't really ignored you lol, just wanted to test if I can make a version of this Gif with GifCam myself and I can.
XD

Billy's hand was forced.

He does look amazing. Should have grabbed him when I had the chance. He's going for batshit prices now.

*checks ebay and amazon*

Damn, feels good to have something so valuable >:)
Seriously though, Raiden is easily one of the tallest figures in my collection, I was lucky to even find a place to put him.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I think I just acquired perhaps the most terrifying piece of merch in my CCS collection.

It's a snow globe:

Also, some 15 year old cookies:

People wonder how I can collect one series for so long, and shit like this is the reason why. They made EVERYTHING for CCS.

Hah, these are interesting finds. The cookies intrigue me....

Wait which English Chie are we even talking about? Because her VA in the original game was fantastic.

Yeah if Chie was a 30 year old woman it would have been great.

In other news GSC support is pretty rad. I contacted them and the place I bought the defective Ryuko figma and GSC sent me this.

The place I purchased from only wanted to send the missing piece. I'm pretty sure it would have broken trying to put it in.

LiK

In other news GSC support is pretty rad. I contacted them and the place I bought the defective Ryuko figma and GSC sent me this.

The place I purchased from only wanted to send the missing piece. I'm pretty sure it would have broken trying to put it in.

hi Jared :)

chrono01

Yeah, GSC has amazing customer support. Simply incredible.

kierwynn

Yeah, GSC is awesome. My Kirigiri came to me with her braid broken off and I messaged them about it and they're sending me a replacement. No hassle or anything!

SerTapTap

Hm, how do you all store your Nendoroid spare parts? I've just been leaving them in the box to be secure but that makes re-posing them a pain.
Related, here's Etna and Red!

Neither is posed quite perfect but I just wanted to get them open (and Isabelle, doing her now). I love that they kept the badass persona for Red. Best part of GSC
Awful lighting, but the best alternative is a room that's TOO bright and the skin all looks #FFFFFF white.
I think I just acquired perhaps the most terrifying piece of merch in my CCS collection.

Is her hat...melting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom