• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even two months after I scored the Sideshow Darwyn Cooke Catwoman PF they're releasing a Jim Balent variant of my waifu

kjYj6im.jpg

baJr6lm.jpg

ux3Ljq6.jpg

bkml4TW.jpg

3s5K3H6.jpg

MVxCoQg.jpg

Preorder starts Thursday

johnsmith

remember me
So the peg on one of Honey's heads broke off. Was a pain in the ass getting the piece left in her neck hole out. Tried gluing it back on to her head and I can get they head on and off, but the angle isn't perfect and there's a gap in her neck line if I use that head. Fortunately she comes with 2 heads, and I can use the winking face, but I wanted to use the broken one. And apparently Megahouse CS is nonexistent, so no chance of getting a replacement. I seem to have more trouble with Megahouse figures than any other company.

She does look really good though, Megahouse has been upping their game, between this, the Dragon's Crown, and Astaroth.

Nictel

Hi Figurine-GAF,

I'm just small potatoes but I just wanted to let you know that you are responsible for me buying the below order. My wallet cries for you.
  • Megahouse High Prieste P4U Rise Kujikawa PVC
  • Phat Company P4 Twin Pack Kuma and TV
  • Figma 133 Samus Aran

Zerojul

Hi Figurine-GAF,

I'm just small potatoes but I just wanted to let you know that you are responsible for me buying the below order. My wallet cries for you.

Nice order and welcome ;)
We decline all responsibility for any present or future damage to your wallet :D

I asked Amiami to split my March order yesterday, they accepted readily. It's easier than I thought and I think I might pay less in the end by doing several small SAL shipments rather than a big EMS one, factoring the fact that some might pass through customs unnoticed (that, and I didn't want to wait for my import copy of FF reishiki :p).

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Halp FigureGAF. Do I want wing sansei with smashed together clothed boobies or free-range boobies?
Not sure, both looks have her boobs so close togther they look like conjoined twins, it's why I didn't pick her up...

Not even two months after I scored the Sideshow Darwyn Cooke Catwoman PF they're releasing a Jim Balent variant of my waifu

Preorder starts Thursday

Looks great from the back, but that face doesn't work for me, I was gonna say they should have got Mark Newman to do the head sculpt, but I checked and they did...Maybe smiles aren't his thing...

So the peg on one of Honey's heads broke off. Was a pain in the ass getting the piece left in her neck hole out. Tried gluing it back on to her head and I can get they head on and off, but the angle isn't perfect and there's a gap in her neck line if I use that head. Fortunately she comes with 2 heads, and I can use the winking face, but I wanted to use the broken one. And apparently Megahouse CS is nonexistent, so no chance of getting a replacement. I seem to have more trouble with Megahouse figures than any other company.

She does look really good though, Megahouse has been upping their game, between this, the Dragon's Crown, and Astaroth.

That sucks, I know I couldn't get my last Yuki Mori's head to sit right so I heated it with a hair dryer to get it sorted. They can still make average stuff, if the Yamato girls got the kinda treatment DC and Space Dandy figures had I'd have grabbed all of them even the exclusives.

Hi Figurine-GAF,

Your starting off mighty fine...

Edit: Just got my parcelforce ransom for my ems package, paid it grudgingly, and now my feb order will finally arrive tomorrow, 4 nendo's and 2 scales...

Settin

Not sure, both looks have her boobs so close togther they look like conjoined twins, it's why I didn't pick her up...

Looks great from the back, but that face doesn't work for me, I was gonna say they should have got Mark Newman to do the head sculpt, but I checked and they did...Maybe smiles aren't his thing...

That sucks, I know I couldn't get my last Yuki Mori's head to sit right so I heated it with a hair dryer to get it sorted. They can still make average stuff, if the Yamato girls got the kinda treatment DC and Space Dandy figures had I'd have grabbed all of them even the exclusives.

Your starting off mighty fine...

Edit: Just got my parcelforce ransom for my ems package, paid it grudgingly, and now my feb order will finally arrive tomorrow, 4 nendo's and 2 scales...

Trick question. Of course she's going to be displayed as naked as possible.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Plamoya. Yes, I paid a lot for Chitoge... -_-

Kongou was eyeing my breakfast today.

ThePeoplesBureau1426070681.jpeg

ThePeoplesBureau1426070679.jpeg

I thought paying a bit over 10k for Wo was a lot for a nendo, but hot damn she was cheap in comparison to Chitoge...
£93

*salutes*

But now I'm gonna browse plamoya all day...

*Shakes fist*

Trick question. Of course she's going to be displayed as naked as possible.

Wouldn't expect any less from ya.LOL

BTW what ever you linked to in twitter last night sent me a fraud alert, so I didn't get to see it...

Settin

I thought paying a bit over 10k for Wo was a lot for a nendo, but hot damn she was cheap in comparison to Chitoge...
£93

*salutes*

*Shakes fist*

Wouldn't expect any less from ya.LOL

BTW what ever you linked to in twitter last night sent me a fraud alert, so I didn't get to see it...

My account got hacked for a bit.

WARNING: DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS I SENT ON 3/10/15, IT WAS NOT ME

£93

*salutes*

*Shakes fist*

Yeah, she's raised the bar for my most expensive nendo, a title previously held by Sailor Uniform Ver. Special Color Miku (lottery prize, you had to pull the final lot at a branch of FamilyMart):

17zpuyt.jpg

^ My pic from last spring... love her so much :)

Hey, sorry for interrupting the usual discussions here, but i have a (possibly noobish) question.

I'm not really interested in this figurine business, except for some Amiibos, but i recently saw that miniature figurine of the pokemon trainer, red, and i kinda want it now...

Problem is, i can't find it anywhere, or rather, can't find it anywhere without having to pay half the price of a console. The figure seems to be limited, is there any chance that there might be a "reprint"?

Thank you, back to your usual business!

Settin

Hey, sorry for interrupting the usual discussions here, but i have a (possibly noobish) question.

I'm not really interested in this figurine business, except for some Amiibos, but i recently saw that miniature figurine of the pokemon trainer, red, and i kinda want it now...

Problem is, i can't find it anywhere, or rather, can't find it anywhere without having to pay half the price of a console. The figure seems to be limited, is there any chance that there might be a "reprint"?

Reprints are unlikely as it was a pokemon center japan exclusive. Overpriced resellers are your only realistic option at this point.

depends... but I think pokemon center exclusive stuff rarely gets reprint. we're kinda lucky that this nendo get a "reprint" for US pokemon center release last year

Hector_JHJ

Neo Member
Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Newbie to the hobby, with just a small collection:

htopz30.jpg

Crappy phone camera is crappy!

I have had the little Negima figs for a long time now (got then as a bonus from a dvd collection before I knew any better), but it all really started went I stumble across the Maka figure last year and bought her on a whim. After some thought I got the Joker fig about a month ago. Couple that with finding, and consequently lurking this thread a while back, I have decided that this is something a would really like to get into.

Unfortunately for me, this hobby doesn't like me very much. As I wouldn't buy a figure of a character I don't know and like, my choices are very limited, as someone who mainly reads manga as oppose to watching anime. That and my taste don't really match with the more popular character archetypes for which figures are usually made. The lack of male figures also doesn't help.

Still I have had quiet a bit of fun just reading about everyone's stories and opinions, and I still plan to increase my collection whenever a figure I want shows up. I have the GSC Michelle K. Davis figure pre-order, I plan to get the DC Bishoujo Raven if she turns out good, and hopefully I can get Yato from Noragami if he becomes available. Anyway nice to me you all.

Well I think it's more to sponsor the GSC race team. People's might be able to explain better since he did this one time.

I did indeed!

gsr01dvuph.jpg

I went for the lowest tier last year which scored me the nendo, the sponsor card/lanyard, and I think my name along with all sponsors was displayed in the team's pit bay for every race during the season :D

Not sure exactly how much of what you pay goes towards the GSR team (it was never specified), but it is more of a 'sponsor the team, and get these items as gifts' arrangement than just 'pay 8k for this nendo'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom