• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
March order

http://imgur.com/a/cs1Kj

But i'm going to take a break after this month.

Haha same here. Some of the scenes in Starless were so gnarley xD

Well guess I go back to second place after that list, I only wish that was 1 giant order, I'd love to see the size of the box :p

I guess Colette is secretly your apprentice lol

I dont know I seem beat at the moment lol

Are Colette or Fatal accepting peasants into their kingdoms? Can I be paid in nendos for my services?

Depends do you specialize in Iced coffee or Hot coffee? lol

Depends do you specialize in Iced coffee or Hot coffee? lol

latest

Just kidding, don't worry.

So...
I've abstained from jumping into the deep end of this pool for a while, but then, this week, I won a jp yahoo auction securing the last figure I needed to own all four of the Tandem Twin Animal Girl - Leopard color variants, I could not longer deny I belong here. I'm in the middle of moving, but early next month, I'll likely put up a full pictorial request for admission into Figure-GAF.

george_us

So...
I've abstained from jumping into the deep end of this pool for a while, but then, this week, I won a jp yahoo auction securing the last figure I needed to own all four of the Tandem Twin Animal Girl - Leopard color variants, I could not longer deny I belong here. I'm in the middle of moving, but early next month, I'll likely put up a full pictorial request for admission into Figure-GAF.
Welcome to Figure-GAF!

So...

Ohhh nice to see you in here. Welcome :3

Einbroch

Banned
So...

Welcome. And I'm sorry.

So...

Welcome :)

So...

Welcome.

Your wallets future.

So...

Welcome! :D

How much and where do I pay? Lol

Well guess I go back to second place after that list, I only wish that was 1 giant order, I'd love to see the size of the box :p

I dont know I seem beat at the moment lol
Lol no rank here, only a club.

How the hell are you paying for all of this?
No need to think about that now lol

Prostitution Traveling consultant.
Well if you want to get technical....

Traveling consultant = IT for hire = technical prostitute

So...
Welcome! :D

meijiko

To be serious for a second, as a collector you gotta be careful getting so much stuff at once. There's a certain high that comes with online ordering and getting a bunch of stuff in the mail, and believe me I love it to death. It feels like Christmas. It's part of the reason I got so hooked on collecting five years ago. But it's also really, really easy to get overwhelmed and burnt out if you go too fast. There's such a thing as too much, and while the concept of too much is different for everyone, everyone's got that limit and it's very easy to look at everything and go "okay, now what?". It's often at that point that a lot of collectors break down and then maybe sell everything or pack it away without enjoying it, which isn't much of a hobby to be honest.

You guys gotta savor the acquisitions. Buy the shit that you really want, not just stuff you kinda maybe want. And when they come in, admire them. Love them. Because if you don't love the thing you bought, what's the point?

Not judging anyone or making assumptions or calling anyone out, just making a general statement here. I've been to that point a few times where stuff just came so fast that I didn't know what to do with it. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I still have that's packed away and I've completely forgotten about. And I think anyone who's been at this hobby for at least a few years has been down this road once or twice. This cycle of buying, waiting, opening, and admiring is pretty fucking amazing. Just try not to get in over your head, or you'll lose that high and wonder what you're doing with your life.

How much and where do I pay? Lol

Invisible Akari is a LE bundle with a Yuruyuri CD that goes for under 5k yen on amazon JP, I just bought the whole thing and Tenso'd it to me. (fwiw I'm a fan of the series, so I don't mind the extra merchandise)

You can get her from Solaris Japan for around 41-45 USD before shipping (I think this also includes the CD). A friend of mine got lucky and got her for 23 or so from Solaris, including said CD.

She used to show up for really cheap on Mandarake but it seems those days are over.

The girl with the baseball bat I just happened to see on Mandarake for 1.5k; since they charge a 500yen handling fee for sub-5k orders I bundled her with some nendos I was already getting. She seems to occasionally show up at that price still. I also see her on Amazon US for ~25 including domestic shipping.

Invisible Akari is a LE bundle with a Yuruyuri CD that goes for under 5k yen on amazon JP, I just bought the whole thing and Tenso'd it to me. (fwiw I'm a fan of the series, so I don't mind the extra merchandise)

You can get her from Solaris Japan for around 41-45 USD before shipping (I think this also includes the CD). A friend of mine got lucky and got her for 23 or so from Solaris, including said CD.

She used to show up for really cheap on Mandarake but it seems those days are over.

The girl with the baseball bat I just happened to see on Mandarake for 1.5k; since they charge a 500yen handling fee for sub-5k orders I bundled her with some nendos I was already getting. She seems to occasionally show up at that price still. I also see her on Amazon US for ~25 including domestic shipping.

Thank you good sir!

So...

Welcome to figure gaf. Please leave your wallet open.

george_us

To be serious for a second, as a collector you gotta be careful getting so much stuff at once. There's a certain high that comes with online ordering and getting a bunch of stuff in the mail, and believe me I love it to death. It feels like Christmas. It's part of the reason I got so hooked on collecting five years ago. But it's also really, really easy to get overwhelmed and burnt out if you go too fast. There's such a thing as too much, and while the concept of too much is different for everyone, everyone's got that limit and it's very easy to look at everything and go "okay, now what?". It's often at that point that a lot of collectors break down and then maybe sell everything or pack it away without enjoying it, which isn't much of a hobby to be honest.

You guys gotta savor the acquisitions. Buy the shit that you really want, not just stuff you kinda maybe want. And when they come in, admire them. Love them. Because if you don't love the thing you bought, what's the point?

Not judging anyone or making assumptions or calling anyone out, just making a general statement here. I've been to that point a few times where stuff just came so fast that I didn't know what to do with it. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I still have that's packed away and I've completely forgotten about. And I think anyone who's been at this hobby for at least a few years has been down this road once or twice. This cycle of buying, waiting, opening, and admiring is pretty fucking amazing. Just try not to get in over your head, or you'll lose that high and wonder what you're doing with your life.
God isn't that the truth? I know I got a little carried away when I first started collecting. Once I picked up a couple of Bishoujos, it was all down hill from there. So many figures I wanted and so many I wanted to preorder. It was a little overwhelming at first. Luckily I started coming to my senses after buying a couple of figures I didn't really want. It wasn't so much the money spent that bothered me, rather the limited amount of space I have to store them. Unwanted figures taking up space in an already small apartment sucks, and it's not like I can run them down to GameStop to sell them. But yeah, this entire post is sound advice for newcomers.

How have you been, meijiko? Don't see you around these parts anymore.

arue

Sorry to interrupt, but...

My biggest package is finally here! I put an iPhone 5 there for size comparison.
I'm sure a lot of you had an even bigger box(es) than this, but I was just so excited when I came home to this.

That Lelouch prize figure is surprisingly of good quality. It's a 1/8 scale too. It's my favorite figure now.

It was forced EMS, so the shipping was expensive. However, they came within 3 days, so I have no regrets.

My biggest package is finally here! I put an iPhone 5 there for size comparison.

I'm sure a lot of you had an even bigger box(es) than this, but I was just so excited when I came home to this.

That Lelouch prize figure is surprisingly of good quality. It's a 1/8 scale too. It's my favorite figure now.

It was forced EMS, so the shipping was expensive. However, they came within 3 days, so I have no regrets.

Don't worry about interrupting. And I loved those Lelouch figures
(probably because I loved Code Geass).

SerTapTap

Tan lines, yum.

Seam lines are less yum, unless it's breakaway which I see no other evidence of. Might still get it but I dunno, I like the black afterparty outfit one too.

I was gonna get that rin/len! Opted for a cheaper, smaller set with miku for now, might get the normal school outfit nendos later:
If you look closely you can see my cat about to eat Miku.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
hello oh mighty figure gaf.

I'm in Osaka right now and my fiancee loves hatsune miku. I think she would enjoy a nendoroid on her desk at home.

one of you know where we can find a good store for that?

I want to buy a oreimo one, but those are cu-poche afaik and I can buy those at kotobukiya in dendentown..

thanks oh mighty figure gaf >>

kewlmyc

I own the Megahouse one. Pretty cool figure. Wish Emperor Lelouch wasn't so expensive. That prize figure is surprisingly fantastic quality. Wish I was more interested in its design though.

arue

I own the Megahouse one. Pretty cool figure. Wish Emperor Lelouch wasn't so expensive. That prize figure is surprisingly fantastic quality. Wish I was more interested in its design though.
I'd get Emperor Lelouch too if he wasn't crazy expensive. 8k is my limit for one figure.

Wait is this breakaway or what? It's the sonico cheer girl. Isn't listed as breakaway but I don't know why else they would take a detail shot of this?

Looks like it's one of those deals where there's a tab + slot combo on the edges of the clothing. MegaHouse Risty had something similar. It can be a pain in the ass to put on again if the fit is snug to begin with.

Good post, meijiko.
Things have slowed down for me since I acquired my grail.
I'm really enjoying what I have now, and while my enthusiasm for new stuff hasn't been dampened, I have paused to take stock in what I have, what I like, and really, why I collect.
As a result, I have avoided some silly impulse purchases.
I really only have one figure that I regret purchasing anyway, the racing miku 2011 - shoddy presentation, shoddy craftsmanship.
I always make sure to research images of production pieces now.

Good advice.

Another thing is of course space. Not just for the figures, but all the boxes you'll start to accumulate.

Never mind, places to display my figures, I'm figuring out where should all these boxes go.

I definitely have slowed down (at least I feel like) after 'catching up' with what figures I want. Gave myself an arbitrary limit of how much I should be spending each month and been trying to stick with that. So no looking at AmiAmi's used figures update during the month of May and June for me!

Bombless

hello oh mighty figure gaf.

I'm in Osaka right now and my fiancee loves hatsune miku. I think she would enjoy a nendoroid on her desk at home.

one of you know where we can find a good store for that?

I want to buy a oreimo one, but those are cu-poche afaik and I can buy those at kotobukiya in dendentown..

thanks oh mighty figure gaf >>

We could point you to Amiami.com for all your nendoroid needs, not sure if anyone is familiar with Osaka hobby stores around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom