• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Newbie to the hobby, with just a small collection:

Welcome! I hope you've got a lock for your wallet. You'll need it.

I thought my Honoka and Neptunia game turned up today. It was my Yuki Mori and Majoras Mask instead. Oh well, a package is a package! :D

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Welcome new people...

Just found a Akane nendo for 8.6k, but stopped myself from getting her. I feel like I only want her 'casue she's hard to get and pricey rather then a character I need, while I like Psycho-Pass, I dunno that I liked it enough for this price...

Welcome new people...

Just found a Akane nendo for 8.6k, but stopped myself from getting her. I feel like I only want her 'casue she's hard to get and pricey rather then a character I need, while I like Psycho-Pass, I dunno that I liked it enough for this price...
I love psycho pass...but hate nendos...

Would buy a decent scale if it existed

So many new people. Fills my Nendo heart with joy.

ThePeoplesBureau1415360417.jpeg

Since other new people are posting, I figured I might as well. I've lurked this thread for a while, living vicariously through all you wonderful people. I started collecting when I spent some time in Japan a few years ago but kinda lost pieces here and there, so at this point I'm just sort starting a new collection. I've avoided Nendos because I'm afraid I'll never be able to stop, but I'm very close to grabbing a few...

kewlmyc

I might have to sell off a decent amount of my collection if I end up having to relocate due to work and get a roommate. Won't have room for the whole collection. Not sure how I feel about this. ;_;

I might have to sell off a decent amount of my collection if I end up having to relocate due to work and get a roommate. Won't have room for the whole collection. Not sure how I feel about this. ;_;
tumblr_n3s4f73uAu1srm80yo2_400.gif

I havent been browsing your collection on MFC all of a sudden or anything...

Sorry to hear this...can't just store them and rotate who you display? Sounds like a pain but if you don't want to part with any...

Wow at the sudden influx of new people. Welcome all. Someone needs to put up the Mr. Burns picture.

John Smith you should put a picture up of the broken peg. Trying to glue plastic pegs back on and them be sturdy is neigh impossible, but is it broken in a way you could replace it with a metal rod?

SerTapTap

Oh no! Can you store them somewhere?

Not sure there's that much overlap. Most people into Amiibo don't seem to care for, well, proper figures, and I certainly don't care about low-quality amiibo, other than the ones that wouldn't get figures otherwise. Oh right, those all sold out months before release.

I did indeed!

Since when has Miku had that much boob

Theonik

Not sure there's that much overlap. Most people into Amiibo don't seem to care for, well, proper figures, and I certainly don't care about low-quality amiibo, other than the ones that wouldn't get figures otherwise. Oh right, those all sold out months before release.
The thirst is real.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Ouch, while that suck balzacs don't let your stuff own you, life has twists and turns and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do in life to get to where you need to be and sacrifice everything else to do that, if this is one of those times I feel for you but a few years from now you'll be in a better place because of it.

Unless you need the money could you just pack up figures and leave some with family?

Nintendo fans are too busy paying $150 for Shulk Amiibo.

LOL holy shit

____

This plamoya place is dangerous I've found like most of all the figures I've been looking for so far, just not a prices that make me instantly purchase... Still no Claris Cornova though, how can a griffion figure be so hard to find?

kewlmyc

tumblr_n3s4f73uAu1srm80yo2_400.gif

I havent been browsing your collection on MFC all of a sudden or anything...

Hehe, I'll be making a list of stuff I'll probably be selling soon.

Sorry to hear this...can't just store them and rotate who you display? Sounds like a pain but if you don't want to part with any...

Yeah, it would be a pain, plus I would have to find a place to put 128 figure boxes at, which is a big fat nope for a middle of nowhere town.

I'm gonna try reducing 4 VITTSJÖs and 3 DETOLFs down to 2 VITTSJOs and 3 DETOLFS. Gonna focus on stuff I have sets (4+ figures) of or are my favorite series.

Ouch, while that suck balzacs don't let your stuff own you, life has twists and turns and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do in life to get to where you need to be and sacrifice everything else to do that, if this is one of those times I feel for you but a few years from now you'll be in a better place because of it.

Unless you need the money could you just pack up figures and leave some with family?

My family would be 7 hours away, but I might consider this for some of the figures I can't part with but still have no room for.

Einbroch

Banned
It's a chance I can't pass up. If you makes you feel better, I'm moving to a place with a 5k population so it's ironic since I always complain about Indianapolis not having anything to do.

I think you'll find that smaller towns offer more to do. Like hang out at the local grocery store or enjoy a fine dinner at the Pizza Ranch.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, it would be a pain, plus I would have to find a place to put 128 figure boxes at, which is a big fat nope for a middle of nowhere town.

I'm gonna try reducing 4 VITTSJÖs and 3 DETOLFs down to 2 VITTSJOs and 3 DETOLFS. Gonna focus on stuff I have sets (4+ figures) of or are my favorite series.

I'm sorry to hear about the situation. It's tough one. No monthly rate storage options? That might get expensive, though.

Oh, and welcome to the new guys!

LiK

It's a chance I can't pass up. If you makes you feel better, I'm moving to a place with a 5k population so it's ironic since I always complain about Indianapolis not having anything to do.

You're in luck since I'll most likely be selling my Code Geass stuff.

new job?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
My family would be 7 hours away, but I might consider this for some of the figures I can't part with but still have no room for.

We are rooting for you...

They are pretty much my last resort due to being really expensive, but they've never put a foot wrong in the couple of years I've used them.

Well thanks to you, this happened, I got sick of trying to find them pre-owned:

*incoming pictures of nendo's riding a black chocobo*

--------------------

Also got a payment request from NY, will they hound me with every pre-order I told them to cancel or realize I'm not doing business with them anymore after I don't pay?

This plamoya place is dangerous I've found like most of all the figures I've been looking for so far, just not a prices that make me instantly purchase... Still no Claris Cornova though, how can a griffion figure be so hard to find?

Very dangerous. They had all the gunpla I was looking for that were sold out on HLJ, Amiami, and 1999.

Well thanks to you, this happened, I got sick of trying to find them pre-owned:

*incoming pictures of nendo's riding a black chocobo*

Happy to be of service ;)

Also got a payment request from NY, will they hound me with every pre-order I told them to cancel or realize I'm not doing business with them anymore after I don't pay?

Last year, I had about 7 or 8 preorders that I told them I wouldn't be paying for. I only ever received a payment request mail ('pay this or you won't get your item, we'll terminate your account, yada yada yada') for about 4 or 5, put a spam filter block on and never heard from them again.

george_us

Damn, sorry to hear that man. Like others have said, you could always leave part of your collection at your family's house. Either way it's great to hear about your new opportunity.

Playmoya is definitely great for finding rare figures. Yeah you'll pay scalper prices but I've found their scalper prices more reasonable than most.

Welcome those of you who have joined Figure-GAF!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Very dangerous. They had all the gunpla I was looking for that were sold out on HLJ, Amiami, and 1999.

They have a lot of stuff, even have an old Faye Valentine that I haven't seen for years. Old Yamato one, that just doesn't look as good as it should for the price.

Happy to be of service ;)

Last year, I had about 7 or 8 preorders that I told them I wouldn't be paying for. I only ever received a payment request mail ('pay this or you won't get your item, we'll terminate your account, yada yada yada') for about 4 or 5, put a spam filter block on and never heard from them again.

It's a good place, easy to find stuff, and there's loads and loads of it. When I need to have a figure it'll be a go to place.

Good advice on NY, sorta like dealing with an ugly girl after sobering up, I just put the whole NY domain on block.

Playmoya is definitely great for finding rare figures. Yeah you'll pay scalper prices but I've found their scalper prices more reasonable than most.

Welcome those of you who have joined Figure-GAF!

They had the TB Compact Hog and I had to weigh how much I wanted her versus the things I went for instead. I could go nuts in that place, but the higher prices will keep me in check.

kewlmyc

Yeah. Nothing official yet, but it looks really good.

Thanks for the warm wishes guys. I'll post my stuff here if I do decide to sell. I was looking at stuff I could sell and I can cut enough stuff out of my collection to only need to keep 1 Vittijo out of 4, so I'm impressed with that. I would just have to buy this and get something to prop up my 3 Detolfs.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah. Nothing official yet, but it looks really good.

Thanks for the warm wishes guys. I'll post my stuff here if I do decide to sell. I was looking at stuff I could sell and I can cut enough stuff out of my collection to only need to keep 1 Vittijo out of 4, so I'm impressed with that. I would just have to buy this and get something to prop up my 3 Detolfs.

Is putting stuff in storage somewhere an option?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I see a lot of people who put the copyright and 'Made in China' text at the front when it comes to Nendos. Seems I'm the only one who likes that to face the back. Only exception being the Nendo 300 series stand I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom