• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is sold out on preorder eveywhere, but thankfully one of my trusty sellers came good for me with Marika Tachibana :)

c65fe1e03e13edf3e5e657d48ee7da9c.jpg

Has anyone used the marketplace on Amazon JP along with a forwarding service? Item I'm looking at, the seller has over 2000 ratings/97% positive so that's fine. I assume I can just use my Tenso address, just wondering if there's any issue with doing this...

tauke

Has anyone used the marketplace on Amazon JP along with a forwarding service? Item I'm looking at, the seller has over 2000 ratings/97% positive so that's fine. I assume I can just use my Tenso address, just wondering if there's any issue with doing this...

I written about my experience on using Tenso to buy stuff from Amazon JP marketplace on my website. Shameless link to it lol.

I bought from 3 different marketplace seller and all is good. To be honest, I didn't expect the stuff to be deliver to Tenso within 24 hours which shows the efficiency of Japan Post delivery.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Sorry, got preoccupied with watching the 2nd Persona 3 movie. Here ya go.

Dizzy: $50
Saber: $50
Tharja: $40
Lelouch: $50
Homura: $50
Madoka: $40
Velvet: $50
Shizuo: $50
Izaya: $50
Celty: $50
Ryougi (Koto): $40
Nymph: $20 (the buckle on her collar broke off so I had to glue it back on with super clear glue. Can barely tell, will take pictures if asked)
Maka: $40
Kallen: $20
Yamada: $20
Popura: $20
Ryougi (GSC): $30
CC: $20
Ikaros: $30
Izanagi: $30
Aigis w/ Palladion: $30 (the spear was broken off right out of the box, so had to super glue it on. Can't tell unless you know what you're looking for. Can take pictures if asked)
Aigis School Uniform: $20
Magatsu Izanangi: $30
Elizabeth: $30

All the figures above have been kept in a smoke, baby, and pet free environment. You pay for shipping, so those not in the US can buy, but will just have to pay more for shipping. Trying to get rid of these in a month and don't really care about making what I originally paid for these back, so selling them pretty cheap. PM me if interested. I'll post what I don't sell this week on MFC starting next week. If you're interested in more than one, just mention everything you're interested in in a PM. It'll actually make shipping easier if people buy multiple things. I'll then ask for your address then go on the hunt for a box to fit your order in.

Going to bed now. Night.

This is like waking up to an amiami pre-owned update and picking through the bones...
Pmed...
-------------------

Also gonna have to pass on that Hellboy statue I posted last night, having mountains of pre-orders will fuck you everytime, that and I'm expecting the ThreeZero Jon Snow pre-order will be soon and I have to pay that upfront...

Whoa, depending on how much I like the game this might be the first Gecco I go for wholeheartedly...

I written about my experience on using Tenso to buy stuff from Amazon JP marketplace on my website. Shameless link to it lol.

I bought from 3 different marketplace seller and all is good. To be honest, I didn't expect the stuff to be deliver to Tenso within 24 hours which shows the efficiency of Japan Post delivery.

Not quite related to figya stuff but I lol'ed at point no. 6 in your quick checklist xD

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I know right? Gutted about Tharja. That ass cannot be denied.
That he was selling it at all took me be surprise, I see Tharja's ass daily and never tire of if, but I haven't played the game yet (working on P4G at the moment) and almost have a phobia about playing it as most people seem to hate her and if I never play the game I'll never run the risk of looking at her any differently...

Also Dizzy, Celty, and 2 Izanagi's were a surprise as well.

Theonik

That he was selling it at all took me be surprise, I see Tharja's ass daily and never tire of if, but I haven't played the game yet (working on P4G at the moment) and almost have a phobia about playing it as most people seem to hate her and if I never play the game I'll never run the risk of looking at her any differently...

Also Dizzy, Celty, and 2 Izanagi's were a surprise as well.
Same. I'd have stayed up till he opened the sale at 5am had I known.

tauke

FigureGAF, can anyone do me a favour in helping me snapping photos of any figures from several angles?

Just wanted to try and see if I can recreate the figures using photogrammetry technique since I'm taking a break from my usual work now.

Something like the following picture:

767XPRj.jpg

I need around 20 images circling the figures if possible. Preferably DSLR user and no flash!

Not quite related to figya stuff but I lol'ed at point no. 6 in your quick checklist xD

Hoho lol indeed!

omlet

FigureGAF, can anyone do me a favour in helping me snapping photos of any figures from several angles?

Just wanted to try and see if I can recreate the figures using photogrammetry technique since I'm taking a break from my usual work now.

I was planning to do a shoot of the just-released Ciel Alencon figure soon, so I can do this at the same time, but I might not have time until Sunday.

SerTapTap

probably similar to their previous releases. can't be more expensive than the MGS ones. not like that's stopping me. happy to see a high quality figure based on Miyazaki's game.

After the DS2 limited edition statue, yeah probably best they get something high quality...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I clearly made a mistake by not preordering 3 Chitoge nendos.

Looks like it, some of these nendo print runs have to be really low.

probably similar to their previous releases. can't be more expensive than the MGS ones. not like that's stopping me. happy to see a high quality figure based on Miyazaki's game.

Yeah, if demon/dark souls had these kinda figures I'd have little room for anything else other then Berserk and a few anime bimbos.

---------------

My amazon.jp order was a day late cause it had to be taped up:

Thankfully Kirigiri is still minty fresh, but damn take it easy on the handling DHL...

Now waiting for parcelforce to deliver my Feb amiami order...

I have wondered how much of a production run nendos, or figures in general actually amount to, at least those that aren't explicitly stated as 'only x number produced' by the manufacturer. It's going to vary wildly of course based on popularity and cost of production, but is it safe to assume around 2 to 3,000 for a nendo?

Einbroch

Banned
I have wondered how much of a production run nendos, or figures in general actually amount to, at least those that aren't explicitly stated as 'only x number produced' by the manufacturer. It's going to vary wildly of course based on popularity and cost of production, but is it safe to assume around 2 to 3,000 for a nendo?

Much more, I'd say. Preorders to individuals only account for probably a third of the total number. Think of every retail store in Japan that stocks the more popular Nendoroids. Then think of the western stores that stock a few. Then think of online retailers that order a few dozen extra each. Adds up quick. I'd say that your generic anime-girl-Nendo probably produces 10-15k, and popular ones like Link probably closer to 30k.

Just on MFC, which is very niche even for a niche hobby, you have Nendoroids owned by 3k+ people.

Much more, I'd say. Preorders to individuals only account for probably a third of the total number. Think of every retail store in Japan that stocks the more popular Nendoroids. Then think of the western stores that stock a few. Then think of online retailers that order a few dozen extra each. Adds up quick. I'd say that your generic anime-girl-Nendo probably produces 10-15k, and popular ones like Link probably closer to 30k.

Just on MFC, which is very niche even for a niche hobby, you have Nendoroids owned by 3k+ people.

Very well explained, thanks. Kind of makes you appreciate GSC having to make their decisions on what anime/game/movie they produce, especially considering the financial outlay on a product run. The likes of Miku and KanColle are guaranteed bank for them, but then the licensing costs (esp. on KC) probably carve into that profit pretty heavily.

Yeah, if demon/dark souls had these kinda figures I'd have little room for anything else other then Berserk and a few anime bimbos.

---------------

My amazon.jp order was a day late cause it had to be taped up:

Thankfully Kirigiri is still minty fresh, but damn take it easy on the handling DHL...

Now waiting for parcelforce to deliver my Feb amiami order...

at least it is better than what I received last month... they don't even bother to tape it and just let the box "opened" >.>

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So here's a LTTP Kirigiri mini photo shoot I didn't need to do as everyone else here owns her already, but it was an was an easy set up, once I softened her hair with a hairdryer that is, and kept me from looking out the window for parcelforce for a few minutes:

Definitely getting Nanami now, the pair of them will be a great little memento for each game...

SerTapTap

So here's a LTTP Kirigiri mini photo shoot I didn't need to do as everyone else here owns her already, but it was an was an easy set up, once I softened her hair with a hairdryer that is, and kept me from looking out the window for parcelforce for a few minutes:

Looks great! I'll be buying her and Chiaki from amazon.jp soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom