• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's a LTTP Kirigiri mini photo shoot I didn't need to do as everyone else here owns her already, but it was an was an easy set up, once I softened her hair with a hairdryer that is, and kept me from looking out the window for parcelforce for a few minutes:

Definitely getting Nanami now, the pair of them will be a great little memento for each game...

Nice, looks cool. Maybe I'll get them someday.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Yeah she's great in hand, colors pop right out, even among other colorful figures, this is my first Phatt piece, and I can see me waiting for years for there future releases and still being happy when they arrive.

Course the other box of happiness just showed up:
fQQGfnJ.jpg

So here's a LTTP Kirigiri mini photo shoot I didn't need to do as everyone else here owns her already, but it was an was an easy set up, once I softened her hair with a hairdryer that is, and kept me from looking out the window for parcelforce for a few minutes:

Definitely getting Nanami now, the pair of them will be a great little memento for each game...
Im not getting chiaki, but kirigiri looks so good

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah she's great in hand, colors pop right out, even among other colorful figures, this is my first Phatt piece, and I can see me waiting for years for there future releases and still being happy when they arrive.

BRS Nendos yusssss

LiK

AmiAmi got new postcards? I like collecting them

SerTapTap

Hm, so My Figure Collection's search doesn't do stemming properly. Spent a few minutes looking for Mega Man figures before I realized I had to put Rockman or you get nothing at all. Trying to get all my stuff in there.

Wo wo wo. TAPED? To your WALLS!? That's something a philistine would do. Take that shit to A.C. Moore or something and have them mounted and framed proper. You don't put TAPE on walls. Eeeeeeewwwww.

I have a bunch of posters and scrolls and crap I'm terrified to put up. Going to get my dad to help, he's the handy one (he better be, he's a landlord)

kewlmyc

Wo wo wo. TAPED? To your WALLS!? That's something a philistine would do. Take that shit to A.C. Moore or something and have them mounted and framed proper. You don't put TAPE on walls. Eeeeeeewwwww.

Yeah, the residue of the tape I put on walls when I was 13 is still there 10 years later despite me having taken the actual posters down years ago.

Framing is expensive though. One B2 sized poster cost me $100 bucks.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hm, so My Figure Collection's search doesn't do stemming properly. Spent a few minutes looking for Mega Man figures before I realized I had to put Rockman or you get nothing at all. Trying to get all my stuff in there.

The best way to search is actually by the internal codes that MFC uses.

For example, if you're looking for all figures of Megaman, just look up any Megaman figure's profile on MFC, click on the link that is the character name, then click Search in the dropdown. It should function to weed out irrelevant hits.

Same goes for figures of a particular series, manufacturer, or sculptor.

Einbroch

Banned
I find the best way to find something on MFC is to type what you think it'll be called into Google followed by "myfigurecollection".

Pops up every time.

SerTapTap

Resistance chimera?

Yeah, was pretty cheap so I decided why not...Parker broke the stand but the figure is fine, I need to glue to back or something. Have the big Helghast head as well, just a couple random odds and ends. I'd love the higher end Sony franchise figs like Ratchet, Jak and so on but jeez they're expensive. Lots of good quality western stuff is very pricy. I have not yet spent over $100 on a single fig though technically this Chiaki is pretty close. I think Isabelle is my most expensive for now, ~$70, shoulda preordered...

Yeah, was pretty cheap so I decided why not...Parker broke the stand but the figure is fine, I need to glue to back or something. Have the big Helghast head as well, just a couple random odds and ends. I'd love the higher end Sony franchise figs like Ratchet, Jak and so on but jeez they're expensive. Lots of good quality western stuff is very pricy. I have not yet spent over $100 on a single fig though technically this Chiaki is pretty close. I think Isabelle is my most expensive for now, ~$70, shoulda preordered...
I collect collector's editions so I have the chimera(lost stand but he stands on his own) as well as the helghast helmet. I also have starcraft figures that can't go on mfc

something happened?

I hope everything's alright. Thanks for offering your stuff here first.

Good luck, hopefully there's nothing bad happening.

Everything is ok my end.
I've just been thinking about what this hobby means to me, and it's something I can't really sustain. I can afford it sure, but it doesn't really make me happy anymore. A lot of figures I buy are impulsive.
I wanna make some changes to my life, and for that I need less things and more money. This day was always going to come.

LiK

Everything is ok my end.
I've just been thinking about what this hobby means to me, and it's something I can't really sustain. I can afford it sure, but it doesn't really make me happy anymore. A lot of figures I buy are impulsive.
I wanna make some changes to my life, and for that I need less things and more money. This day was always going to come.

I've had a similar feelings. i'm consolidating the majority of my collection. when it gets warmer and most of this fucking snow is gone. i'm gonna be doing major Spring cleaning and will sell a bunch of figures here as well.

it'll be a mix of loose and sealed figures. so hopefully they can find a good home in this thread.

I've had a similar feelings. i'm consolidating the majority of my collection. when it gets warmer and most of this fucking snow is gone. i'm gonna be doing major Spring cleaning and will sell a bunch of figures here as well.

it'll be a mix of loose and sealed figures. so hopefully they can find a good home in this thread.

I'm sure they will :)
I want to possibly go freelance or go abroad maybe.. And I wanna pursue my goal of making my own figures. Difficult to do when you have literally hundreds of figures weighing you down!

Ultimadrago

I feel ya Dabooker. There's enough figures left to be released that I want where I'm not out of the boat yet, but I can easily see fatigue and reasoning behind such with the hobby from my perspective or others.

#TeamSaveAllTheMoney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom