• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I'm sure they will :)
I want to possibly go freelance or go abroad maybe.. And I wanna pursue my goal of making my own figures. Difficult to do when you have literally hundreds of figures weighing you down!

yea, my old figures are taking way too much space and making reorganizing a pain. so yea, I want to clear them out.

Hmm. Too bad Gecco's QA is meh.

I set up my My Figure Collection thing, I guess they track plushes but not very well at all. I gave up but like half the stuff on my shelf isn't in here but the figures almost all are. Surprised even the domo kun plush/figures weren't listed.

Added!
So I'm quitting figures.

In the next few months once I start to organise myself, I'll be selling most off, so watch this space I guess...

;_; Hope everything is ok

Everything is ok my end.
I've just been thinking about what this hobby means to me, and it's something I can't really sustain. I can afford it sure, but it doesn't really make me happy anymore. A lot of figures I buy are impulsive.
I wanna make some changes to my life, and for that I need less things and more money. This day was always going to come.
I can understand that. Maybe purge your collection and just only have the creame' de la creame'. Sometimes you just have to start over.

Einbroch

Banned
On a similar note, once I get all my Nendos out, I'm gonna be doing a giveaway for some of my older ones that don't really fit any of my sets or don't mesh with my collection. Probably 3-4 Nendos, for FREE! Stay tuned.

SerTapTap

Everything is ok my end.
I've just been thinking about what this hobby means to me, and it's something I can't really sustain. I can afford it sure, but it doesn't really make me happy anymore. A lot of figures I buy are impulsive.
I wanna make some changes to my life, and for that I need less things and more money. This day was always going to come.

Glad it's not out of major financial hardship or anything. I'll gladly peruse your wares when you've got a list

This is why you go full Nendo. No regrets.

It doesn't need to make sense just a reminder to go full Nendo.

I really do appreciate the consistent art style of them a lot. So many of even my scale fix don't match up in size, style, articulation. I wish there were a Western equivalent. Actual action figures for kids are too low quality for me, and the west seems to be lacking anything mid-tier, you can get $10 crap or $300 superfancy limited statues. (not that western things tend to lend themselves to as consistent a style)

I know right? Gutted about Tharja. That ass cannot be denied.

That he was selling it at all took me be surprise, I see Tharja's ass daily and never tire of if, but I haven't played the game yet (working on P4G at the moment) and almost have a phobia about playing it as most people seem to hate her and if I never play the game I'll never run the risk of looking at her any differently...

Feel free to hate me for stealing Tharja's lovely rump :3

Also that Orchid Seed figure looks really nice.

really? what don't you like about them? I think they look pretty awesome.
Yes but their paint job on their figures are subpar. Was hard to find their Silent Hill line with corrected paint jobs (HEATHER CRACK GIRL EYES! lol). I've heard that their MG:R figure is pretty meh looking in the paint department too.

On a similar note, once I get all my Nendos out, I'm gonna be doing a giveaway for some of my older ones that don't really fit any of my sets or don't mesh with my collection. Probably 3-4 Nendos, for FREE! Stay tuned.

sXiHr9y.gif

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I set up my My Figure Collection thing, I guess they track plushes but not very well at all. I gave up but like half the stuff on my shelf isn't in here but the figures almost all are. Surprised even the domo kun plush/figures weren't listed.

Friend request sent (luse666 BTW)

A lot of my stuff isnt on there because of the whole "Japan Only" thing

Yeah, when they delisted all the Yamato made fantasy figures because Luis Royo isn't Japanese it pissed me off, still got fucking Iron Man up there, Yamato was a Japanese company... ergh

Everything is ok my end.

Wish you luck with this, sometimes your stuff has more owner ship of your life then you do of your stuff, and that's when things need to go...

I've had a similar feelings. i'm consolidating the majority of my collection. when it gets warmer and most of this fucking snow is gone. i'm gonna be doing major Spring cleaning and will sell a bunch of figures here as well.

it'll be a mix of loose and sealed figures. so hopefully they can find a good home in this thread.

Sounds like I need to start a little side fund for figuregaf spring cleaning sales.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
You people and your inconsistent usernames
(if only my PSN could actually be changed to SirTapTap =/)

I'm luse666 everywhere but here, back when I tired to join gaf the first two times I was rejected, I wondered if it had to do with the username so I picked this one instead. The word baka = stupid, the word zeitgeist = popular train of thought...

Summed up a lot of gaf posts then, and still does to this day LOL

I can see myself taking a break from the hobby either cause I have too much figures or need to save money, but I don't see myself selling my figures away. Historically, I'm more likely to give away my stuff when I don't em anymore.

LiK

I can see myself taking a break from the hobby either cause I have too much figures or need to save money, but I don't see myself selling my figures away. Historically, I'm more likely to give away my stuff when I don't em anymore.

i'll probably drop some loose figures for free as gifts to you guys for buying any other figures from me. I have no qualms with doing so. look out for my massive list when it happens.

SerTapTap

I'm luse666 everywhere but here, back when I tired to join gaf the first two times I was rejected, I wondered if it had to do with the username so I picked this one instead. The word baka = stupid, the word zeitgeist = popular train of thought...

Summed up a lot of gaf posts then, and still does to this day LOL

Ah, I managed to ruin SirTapTap by applying with a free email and not getting so much as a rejection--I should really keep the space anyway. People seem to stumble on it a bit more without a space at all. Technically it should be Sir Tap-Tap but non-letter characters are hell

If anyone understands expensive shipping, it's FigureGAF.

It's my least favorite thing about this honestly. So spoiled by Amazon prime shipping. But (US) amazon is rarely the best way to get figures. I wish more would have deals with Amazon like the Red nendoroid. Amazon exclusive is one exclusivity I can't complain about

Einbroch

Banned
That Asuka is in a really cool pose.

It's my least favorite thing about this honestly. So spoiled by Amazon prime shipping. But (US) amazon is rarely the best way to get figures. I wish more would have deals with Amazon like the Red nendoroid. Amazon exclusive is one exclusivity I can't complain about

Yeah, but that Red on Amazon was $50, which is 6k yencoinz. You can get almost any new Nendoroid for 3.5-4.5k yen, and SAL shipping would be less than 1.5k.

kewlmyc

Everything is ok my end.

I can understand that. Hope the best for you.

RMI

Banned
I like MFC's daily today.

I saw this today, and think the idea for the picture itself is great, but that it's not a particularly good shot of Momohime.

So I'm quitting figures.

In the next few months once I start to organise myself, I'll be selling most off, so watch this space I guess...

Do what makes you happy. Please let us know if we can help take some of those extra figs off your hands.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I think most of FigureGaf has one of the ones I want to sell

Naoe

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/12045

Asuka

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/141607

I have them boxed up and put away...if anyone is interested I haven't really thought of much on price but if its going to someone here it would be a good deal :3

Not a fan of gigaton-hammer girl, and while I love Eva I don't like the pilots. Someone else should take 'em though they are both great looking figures.

------------

My 4th Tsukasa bullet girl, 3 more to go:

Yuki Mori Vr1 reprint:

Bonus shots, she comes apart at the hips:

Everything is ok my end.

Same, I feel that day might come for me too.

RMI

Banned
Same, I feel that day might come for me too.

I worry about this, and expect that eventually I will have to slow down to 0-1 purchases per year, or just liquidate some of my existing collection, but that time hasn't happened yet. My house isn't getting any bigger, but my collection is, so at some point this needs to end haha. hopefully not for a long time.

I worry about this, and expect that eventually I will have to slow down to 0-1 purchases per year, or just liquidate some of my existing collection, but that time hasn't happened yet. My house isn't getting any bigger, but my collection is, so at some point this needs to end haha. hopefully not for a long time.

My OG plan was so nice, I wanted Elsa figures and that would be it. But then they cancelled one that I tried to buy, that led me to pre-order new figures, and now I have about 40 things coming.

SerTapTap

Yeah, but that Red on Amazon was $50, which is 6k yencoinz. You can get almost any new Nendoroid for 3.5-4.5k yen, and SAL shipping would be less than 1.5k.

That Red is now like $150. The price was fine, good quality, decent extras, very popular item. Also a special English box. Pretty minor markup and easily justified.

WolfStark

Off topic:

Holy shit, the dollar just went up here, my currency went even down. Dear lord, all the figures that I already ordered.

What can I sell here, hmmm..

This is the death of import.. okay it's not the death but it's pretty unlikely now that I will order anything in the near future. Euro/Dollar 1:1 is just awful and this isn't the end yet. In radio they said it will reach 80 US Cents for 1 Euro. I hope the currency war will strengthen the Euro again, I need moooooore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom