• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the death of import.. okay it's not the death but it's pretty unlikely now that I will order anything in the near future. Euro/Dollar 1:1 is just awful and this isn't the end yet. In radio they said it will reach 80 US Cents for 1 Euro. I hope the currency war will strengthen the Euro again, I need moooooore.

Damn, since that post my currency got so much worse it is not even funny. Good luck there.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I worry about this, and expect that eventually I will have to slow down to 0-1 purchases per year, or just liquidate some of my existing collection, but that time hasn't happened yet. My house isn't getting any bigger, but my collection is, so at some point this needs to end haha. hopefully not for a long time.

I have like 1 order per month, but it still felt a bit big. My house still have a lot of space, but I don't want a place with nothing but detolf.

or may be I do

Einbroch

Banned
Well I just unboxed my Yoshino Nendo after being in her box for a few months and she's disgusting. Luckily I don't think there's any permanent damage to her, but the dust sat on her for 4 months and left this nasty sticky residue on her.

Clean your figures, people, especially if you're moving.

I feel myself slowing down on figure purchases as well. Don't think I'll ever completely purge my collection, but maybe just purn it.

Also, someone in the b/s/t thread is selling a Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG Motoko Kusanagi 1/7 PVC Figure by Vice for $160.00 here

Seems to be a good price.

Theonik

Well I just unboxed my Yoshino Nendo after being in her box for a few months and she's disgusting. Luckily I don't think there's any permanent damage to her, but the dust sat on her for 4 months and left this nasty sticky residue on her.

At least you didn't have dustmites on them. Those are the worst.

LiK

ew, what is going on

omlet

I'm slowing down after my POs through this summer are in because I'll be out of room again, unless I sell-cycle some things.

That sticky residue actually comes from heat.

That's gross

Get some mild dish soap (not detergent) and take all the pieces apart and let them soak for a few hours. I had to do that with a Nendo I got used from Ami. Most of it came off after light scrubbing.

kewlmyc

Holy crap, no wonder Amiami charges so much for shipping. Boxes big enough for shipping multiple figures is expensive as hell. 10% of my earning from selling figure to you guys.

tauke

Holy crap, no wonder Amiami charges so much for shipping. Boxes big enough for shipping multiple figures is expensive as hell. 10% of my earning from selling figure to you guys.

Shipping large boxes is really costly. Although I appreciate the nice packaging by Amiami so at least I don't mind the high cost.

LiK

I keep a bunch of flattened boxes from AmiAmi, Amazon etc for reselling stuff. Never bought boxes.

Acid08

Banned
She is sold out on preorder eveywhere, but thankfully one of my trusty sellers came good for me with Marika Tachibana :)

Congrats on getting a pre-order!
of worst girl

Peoples, how much did you pay for your Chitoge nendo? 11.8k
It's legitimately sad that this is the cheapest I've seen her since I started looking.

So here's a LTTP Kirigiri mini photo shoot I didn't need to do as everyone else here owns her already, but it was an was an easy set up, once I softened her hair with a hairdryer that is, and kept me from looking out the window for parcelforce for a few minutes:

Definitely getting Nanami now, the pair of them will be a great little memento for each game...
Yeah, she rules. Chiaki looks like she'll be just as good if not better.

Wo wo wo. TAPED? To your WALLS!? That's something a philistine would do. Take that shit to A.C. Moore or something and have them mounted and framed proper. You don't put TAPE on walls. Eeeeeeewwwww.

Framing is definitely the way to go but it's pretty expensive. Still have some art around that I need to get framed.

I set up my My Figure Collection thing, I guess they track plushes but not very well at all. I gave up but like half the stuff on my shelf isn't in here but the figures almost all are. Surprised even the domo kun plush/figures weren't listed.

FR sent!

I love the paint job! But yeah that price....

kewlmyc

We love you.

Also I hope you're charging us for those boxes.

Naw. I'm selling mostly to get rid of things rather than make a profit. Will only charge shipping like I stated earlier. Should start sending out PMs for shipping addresses tonight when I get home.

omlet

I keep all but the most flimsy (or tiny) boxes so I don't have to buy boxes if I need to ship stuff. Amiami uses such nice boxes I couldn't bear to just toss them in the recycle.

AmiAmi's boxes are a godsend now that I been moving stuff from one room to another.

I'm glad once I had the foresight to realize I shouldn't have broken down a large AmiAmi box and just kept it instead, lol

Everything is ok my end.
I've just been thinking about what this hobby means to me, and it's something I can't really sustain. I can afford it sure, but it doesn't really make me happy anymore. A lot of figures I buy are impulsive.
I wanna make some changes to my life, and for that I need less things and more money. This day was always going to come.

Yeah, I'm trying to do something like this, too. I still enjoy the hobby, but I feel overwhelmed sometimes by all of the shit constantly coming out. My goal is to narrow it down to one or two (or less!) per month. I mean, Kotobukiya bishoujos are always going to be insta-buy for me unless they look terrible. But I'm too easily swayed by new prototype pictures. It's a process, but I'm better than I used to be.

If it's like the companies other figures, then expect it to be over 15k yen.

Huh? The Silent Hill figures? Some of them may be pricey now, but they weren't all that expensive. You can still grab Heather for 10k.

Framing is definitely the way to go but it's pretty expensive. Still have some art around that I need to get framed.

Yeah, I'm debating on getting [NSFW] this framed professionally, or just getting a good frame from AC Moore or something. Either way, I don't currently have any quality frames I would use for this.

Huh? The Silent Hill figures? Some of them may be pricey now, but they weren't all that expensive. You can still grab Heather for 10k.

Yeah, I'm debating on getting [NSFW] this framed professionally, or just getting a good frame from AC Moore or something. Either way, I don't currently have any quality frames I would use for this.
Don't think alot of people cared for the Heather figure. Especially the QA issues when it first released. Again, she is only one example of a cheap Gecco figure. The other SH figs skyrocketed in price.

Nice print.

Prize Chitoge get!

l3a0uyy.jpg

l45zud8.jpg

l5vkukb.jpg

l63quxs.jpg

(^^)

george_us

Ugh just hit a slight financial snag.. Had to send AmiAmi an email asking to cancel Bishoujo Juri plus I had to cancel my FF Type-0 order from Amazon.

Finally got my Yosuke in. He's definitely not great but worth the $20 after shipping I spent. Also the options for Yosuke are limited.

Also his base is frigging huge. I might make him a custom base later on and pin it to his foot to get rid of the rod.

Hopefully Yu and Katsuragi show up tomorrow.

LiK

Finally got my Yosuke in. He's definitely not great but worth the $20 after shipping I spent. Also the options for Yosuke are limited.

Also his base is frigging huge. I might make him a custom base later on and pin it to his foot to get rid of the rod.

Who's the maker

Not a fan of the glasses look tbh, but overall it looks good.

Acid08

Banned

I have a Yosuke figure as well:

So in the end, I did not order Balzac. Mostly because I feel she's a bit too expensive for what she is. Dat new Racing Miku, tho. Neeeeeeeeeed.

That Racing Miku is too good, man. I already have three Mikus ordered....I have descended into Miku hell.

Is Neptunia super small in Japan or something? The only figures I can find are low quality (but still expensive), or extremely absurdly rare. I know it's not huge but I don't even understand the point of these and I'm a huge fan. Why would you even make a product to only release 40 of them at a single physical event?

I'm not sure but it's pretty popular in the west from what I can see. There are these 2 figures of my 2 favorite characters but I just didn't like the way they looked so I passed, http://myfigurecollection.net/item/196272 http://myfigurecollection.net/item/196273, These two are the gems I'm waiting for though im sure the price will be anything but cheap http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198386 , http://myfigurecollection.net/item/236286

That bad Noire figure I had PO'd thank god I cancelled it, feel bad about asking amiami to cancel as its basically the only time I've ever asked them too but it came out really bad

SerTapTap

I'm not sure but it's pretty popular in the west from what I can see. There are these 2 figures of my 2 favorite characters but I just didn't like the way they looked so I passed, http://myfigurecollection.net/item/196272 http://myfigurecollection.net/item/196273, These two are the gems I'm waiting for though im sure the price will be anything but cheap http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198386 , http://myfigurecollection.net/item/236286

That bad Noire figure I had PO'd thank god I cancelled it, feel bad about asking amiami to cancel as its basically the only time I've ever asked them too but it came out really bad

The prototype for the Noire figure is already bad. I actually can't decide whether the proto or the real is worse, the real ones are shoddy but actually better color-wise. I wouldn't buy either, not at >$100 for sure. And yeah, Uni and Nepgear also look awful. I love that Black Heart (though I would prefer a Noire), please don't tell me it's one of these "we only made 40 units at 10k because we're completely insane" situations

Also, I don't see how you can make a >$100 figure and fuck up the skin color and face. That should be like the bare minimum of even producing the damn things. I wish they'd just get Good Smile to do a full, proper production run of the main girls or something. Only that super limited garage kit and those 2 unreleased ones look good so far. And the pretty expensive Neptune Nendoroid, but I'm not paying $90 for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom