• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Finally got my Yosuke in. He's definitely not great but worth the $20 after shipping I spent. Also the options for Yosuke are limited.

Also his base is frigging huge. I might make him a custom base later on and pin it to his foot to get rid of the rod.

Hopefully Yu and Katsuragi show up tomorrow.
Yeah, I have that Yosuke too. His stand is way too big. Same goes with the Shinjiro prize figure. Makes it a pain to display him.

The way this figure is going soon you might be able to get two for the price of one.

You only need one Balzac, really. But it's good to have two just in case.

RAH DX Aina Saharin from Gundam 08th MS Team. She was ~$25 A/B on Ami last night. Plus the Koto Takaya Noriko I grabbed a couple days ago. I guess it's more Mecha Girls than Space Girls.

Really? That one has been sitting in AmiAmi's pre-owned section for a couple months. I thought about grabbing her a few times, but just like Marida Cruz, the lack of detail in the flight suit bothers me. But the price is much more reasonable, here. You may have just impulse-bought her since you just watched the series.

Acid08

Banned
Really? That one has been sitting in AmiAmi's pre-owned section for a couple months. I thought about grabbing her a few times, but just like Marida Cruz, the lack of detail in the flight suit bothers me. But the price is much more reasonable, here. You may have just impulse-bought her since you just watched the series.

I'd seen her on there for a bit, and decided to bite after getting into the series. All just fits into the eventual display I want to make. All of the RAH DX figures I want with the corresponding Gunpla from their series.

Haman with the Quebley and ZZ, Aina with the Ez8 and Gouf Custom, Rain and Allenby with the G suits, Fumina and Aila with the GBF suits, Sochie with the Turn A and Turn X, Sayla with the RX-78-2 etc. Gundam is one franchise I feel no guilt going all out for.

The prototype for the Noire figure is already bad. I actually can't decide whether the proto or the real is worse, the real ones are shoddy but actually better color-wise. I wouldn't buy either, not at >$100 for sure. And yeah, Uni and Nepgear also look awful. I love that Black Heart (though I would prefer a Noire), please don't tell me it's one of these "we only made 40 units at 10k because we're completely insane" situations

Also, I don't see how you can make a >$100 figure and fuck up the skin color and face. That should be like the bare minimum of even producing the damn things. I wish they'd just get Good Smile to do a full, proper production run of the main girls or something. Only that super limited garage kit and those 2 unreleased ones look good so far. And the pretty expensive Neptune Nendoroid, but I'm not paying $90 for that

Yeah, I was still pretty new to the hobby when I PO'd her and saw "Neptunia figure must buy" then released it's not that great and knew I made a mistake. Uni doesn't look so bad but just doesn't seem that great while nepgears face just seems completely off. Yeah GSC or any great company I'd love for a full set. I just hope a good nepgear figure will come out one day, she's my favorite character. Didn't even know there was a neptune Nendoriod but ugh at that price.

Acid08

Banned
8th MS team is possibly my 2nd favorite Gundam. I can't not hear her name screamed by Shiro when I think about it though.

Also you need Marida and Mineva with the Kshatriya and Unicorn.

Marida is just so expensive for what she is. I do really want to get her eventually though. Haman, Allenby, and Sochie all come first though.

Haman with the Quebley and ZZ, Aina with the Ez8 and Gouf Custom, Rain and Allenby with the G suits, Fumina and Aila with the GBF suits, Sochie with the Turn A and Turn X, Sayla with the RX-78-2 etc. Gundam is one franchise I feel no guilt going all out for.

No Ramba Ral? WAT?

I kinda wanna track down Dozle at some point, too.

SerTapTap

Yeah, I was still pretty new to the hobby when I PO'd her and saw "Neptunia figure must buy" then released it's not that great and knew I made a mistake. Uni doesn't look so bad but just doesn't seem that great while nepgears face just seems completely off. Yeah GSC or any great company I'd love for a full set. I just hope a good nepgear figure will come out one day, she's my favorite character. Didn't even know there was a neptune Nendoriod but ugh at that price.

FAR too much Neptunia swag was only produced for weird limited editions of games or the animation. The Neptune Nendo is quality, as you'd expect, but Neptune isn't my favorite (a little of her goes a long way) and since it was super limited it's pricey--in fact Im' surprised it's only about twice the price of a normal one.

I just sated my Neptunia merch lust with a ton of used-but-good-condition artbooks and guides and light novels and stuff from Japan, someone on eBay had a a huge set of like 10 items, half off and I got free shipping too. At least the art is great even if they can't make good 3D merch.

I do hope CH/IF start handling that stuff better, and IFI starts localizing merch too. It's really frustrating that almost all merch is limited edition contents so far. (and frankly the US LEs haven't been great anyway)

Pft, the only dude figures I want are the Domon and Master Asia SH Figuarts :p

All the Zeon dudes can screw off.

Are you buying any Yamato 2199 girls? If you are, you need:

Siona1383911703.jpeg

My BBTS order arrived today, as did my lost USPS package, so I have not one but two Jubilees. Amazon processed my refund so I guess I'll have to get on the phone and arrange to send this one back.
I really like the way BBTS packaged my figure. Going to be using them a lot more in the future.

Wanderer5

My Zinogre should be coming in the new few hours, possibly when no one is home for a bit, tsk. I kind of hope it doesn't come till later near 8 like my copy of Monster Hunter 4 lol.

Einbroch

Banned
What I do is follow a pose on the box then change the face to either mad/sad. Then tweak that stance to be more angry or more upset.

SerTapTap

What I do is follow a pose on the box then change the face to either mad/sad. Then tweak that stance to be more angry or more upset.

I tend to go with confident faces and action poses. But usually nothing too much more than facing forward, brandishing, if any, whatever weapon they have.

Acid08

Banned
I just have Ryuko in kinda of a slightly crouched position with the scissor blade held behind her.

I can't wait to get Satsuki, posing them together will be great.

Once I saw a girl in a video making poses with a Pokemon figure, she did one that I couldn't help but laugh, it was that "Are you not entertained?" from Gladiator.

omlet

Haha, nice. Need a tripod for the next time!

I've been wanting to try something like that with nendos but it might be a real pain since they're not quite as poseable.

So I made a thing.

It was super quick made on my phone and this is the first time I've made anything like this.

Surprisingly good for the first time! I have a little experience in stop motion and it's such a tedious art. If you plan on doing more of these in the future, consider getting something got hold your camera in a stationary position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom