• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
I wasn't into figures, and when it got re-released I wasn't in the US to get one.

I don't know why anyone who's not in the US (and Japan, duh) is even into figures. Between near non-existence of local shops, you guys have customs and junk. What a nightmare.

True suffering.

I don't know why anyone who's not in the US (and Japan, duh) is even into figures. Between near non-existence of local shops, you guys have customs and junk. What a nightmare.

True suffering.

But those people are also much better at choosing what figures they really need. Because they're probably going to pay 150% what the rest of us do.

True suffering.

I gotta thank SNK for that. Thanks SNK for ruining my wallet.

<3 Snk

But those people are also much better at choosing what figures they really need. Because they're probably going to pay 150% what the rest of us do.

post-41746-sensible-chuckle-magazine-gif-mnp7.gif

Not in my case, I buy a lot of crap that I regret. But that's just me, I make a lot of mistakes here and there.

SerTapTap

True suffering.

I can't imagine dealing with Customs. I'd be doing some V for Vendetta shit

SerTapTap

Customs fees are a pain, but my problem right now is the economy. Things are going south, very hard and very fast.

I meant more delays/refusals/horror stories I've heard though the fees are awful too. I'm very glad 'Merica is a great place to import from.

Sucks to have a poor local economy. We're in a really messy weird period for globalization. Region still kind of matters way more than it has any right to in a digital world, plus some stupid political bullshit here and there.

I dont think I would be much into figures if I had to pay custom fees. Or importing in general. I hate fees lol

A $11 shipping charge changed an instant purchase into a "ehhhhh" on Play Asia today. Significantly reduces the impact of their "sale" ($5 off 3 items...then $11 shipping minimum...yay). Now it's still the best price I can find but I hate it. Funny how that works.

I meant more delays/refusals/horror stories I've heard though the fees are awful too. I'm very glad 'Merica is a great place to import from.

Sucks to have a poor local economy. We're in a really messy weird period for globalization. Region still kind of matters way more than it has any right to in a digital world, plus some stupid political bullshit here and there.

Oh I understand, I almost thought that I lost my Aigis since I got a mixed signal from customs.

And don't even get me started on stupid political bullshit or I'll probably get banned, haha.

Is that Sinon? What is going on there?

I am so thankful that the US doesn't charge customs fees every time I read posts in here about them.
Me too

With how much you order, I would have never guessed!
Lol shhh drago :p

A $11 shipping charge changed an instant purchase into a "ehhhhh" on Play Asia today. Significantly reduces the impact of their "sale" ($5 off 3 items...then $11 shipping minimum...yay). Now it's still the best price I can find but I hate it. Funny how that works.
Well Play-Asia in general sucks. They over charge on shipping and use the crappiest packing materials. Better hope you dont have anything go wrong with them and have to use their Customer Service, they will blame it on customs (even if you tell them you box was not opened) and tell you that you are SOL...until you put them on blast on Facebook lol. I only use them when they randomly deep discount certain titles (those secret price drops that they never advertise). Even then, sometimes the deep discount is killed by their shipping price.

SerTapTap

Well Play-Asia in general sucks. They over charge on shipping and use the crappiest packing materials. Better hope you dont have anything go wrong with them and have to use their Customer Service, they will blame it on customs (even if you tell them you box was not opened) and tell you that you are SOL...until you put them on blast on Facebook lol. I only use them when they randomly deep discount certain titles (those secret price drops that they never advertise).

I wouldn't' normally use them, but there's 3 games they have for $5-$10 less than I can get anywhere else (one is >$20 cheaper), and I might as well get Moero's english subtitled version while I'm at it but...I dunno, the combo of shipping charge + Play Asia makes me not want to buy. But its' definitely the cheapest way to get some of these baring an (unlikely) deal elsewhere

SerTapTap

Nendoroid sleeping bags. Advertised in conjunction with the Encouragement of Climb Nendoroid. Cute, but I passed on preordering it.

Cute. I noticed aftermarket Nendo parts on amazon the other day (insanely overpriced, probably because lol third party amazon dealer), thought it was a neat idea.

kewlmyc

Everyone who ordered from me but haven't gotten an estimate yet, I'll get to you tonight. It's slow here at work today, so I should be able to get out of here early, hopefully.

SerTapTap

Well that was an unwise decision. Kyoko got 4 delays or so before she finally released.

Huh. Her shipping was insane on it's own though so splitting orders wasn't really an option. Also I think my credit card's currency conversion actually gives less of a fee than Amazon's service so I saved by not using that (preorders can't use it). But maybe you can disable it manually, I just didn't think it would be cheaper.

Huh. Her shipping was insane on it's own though so splitting orders wasn't really an option. Also I think my credit card's currency conversion actually gives less of a fee than Amazon's service so I saved by not using that (preorders can't use it). But maybe you can disable it manually, I just didn't think it would be cheaper.

1) Nanami is probably going to be EMS-only. So it's going to be pricey either way.

2) Why do you have a credit card that charges foreign transaction fees?

SerTapTap

1) Nanami is probably going to be EMS-only. So it's going to be pricey either way.

2) Why do you have a credit card that charges foreign transaction fees?

Amazon only had one option for shipping anyway.

Currency conversion? 3% fee is almost nothing, certainly wasn't going to get a new credit card for one transaction. Are there any that are worth getting? It would certainly need to not have an annual fee

SerTapTap

Pretty sure Amazon will just ship other items first if Nanami is delayed

Is that some sort of extra service in case of delay? It explicitly said they'd be sent in one box/set because it's cheaper and "ship as fast as possible" costs extra. This is amazon.jp for international ship btw, I'm sure that's how US amazon would handle it

Is that some sort of extra service in case of delay? It explicitly said they'd be sent in one box/set because it's cheaper and "ship as fast as possible" costs extra. This is amazon.jp for international ship btw, I'm sure that's how US amazon would handle it

US Amazon lets you choose whether you want to wait until all items are in-stock, or have items shipped as they become available.

I'm not 100% sure how they handling release delays, but I had many orders automatically split by them because of various other reasons. If they split the shipping automatically, you won't be charged extra cost anyway.

SerTapTap

I'm not 100% sure how they handling release delays, but I had many orders automatically split by them because of various other reasons. If they split the shipping automatically, you won't be charged extra cost anyway.

In that case I wouldn't mind a delay since she's already holding up my shipment by nearly a month as it is

I ordered some stuff from Amazon.jp where all the items were either already released or were going to release by the end of Feb.

One had a latter release date on the last week but Amazon.jp went ahead and shipped everything else once all but one of my items were released even though I said to send everything together. ~_~

They didn't charge me any extra from what they quoted to me in shipping when I first order it either.

kierwynn

At this point I don't even care.

I'm expecting all of Chiaki, Sepang Miku, and Ayesha Altugle to get delayed.

Please not Ayesha- I'd like something I have preordered to actually release this month and I'm not feeling good about Chiaki or Alisha. (Though I won't be surprised if all 3 are delayed lol)

Giolon

Bishoujo Jubilee and Starfire finally hit that magic $55 Prime price point on Amazon so I may have bought both of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom