• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's happened a few times in these threads. Sometimes you get burnt out on trying to keep up or you're cash strapped.

Oh ya...I know how it is. Ami was nice enough to cancel two things this month for me and money is a bit tight hah. Main reason I am not jumping all over those deals that Kewl is offering.

Sadly >.>

Figmas are somewhere around 1/10. They vary a bit with the source.

Speaking of figmas, Link stop motion short : https://youtu.be/f3hTiHZmmNE

That was awesome. Maybe I will get the Link Figma.

Impressive, but it does highlight in a couple spots one of my chief complaints with figmas.. they can't bend forward at the waist. the torso can't come forwards, making some poses impossible.

Depends on the Figma. Some have movement at the waist and chest.

You should all also watch this one.

Streak of bad luck continues, just got the news that my N3DS has the "bad screen" (there are two possible, one IPS and one TN, of course I got the TN one)

Giolon

How big did you think they are? They're a pretty standard size for articulated figures. Roughly around 1/8th but not actually scale or something like that I think.

Figmas are somewhere around 1/10. They vary a bit with the source.

Speaking of figmas, Link stop motion short : https://youtu.be/f3hTiHZmmNE

Figmas are approx. 1/12 scale. There's a whole market of unofficial 1/12 scale props for figmas that my friend is really into - scooter bikes, school desks, skateboards, etc.

You can also see in the official blurbs about figfix:

"What is figFIX?
A New Collectible Figure Series based on the figma series
The figFIX series of figures is the same size as figmas (around 1/12th scale) so they can easily be displayed together, but they are fixed in a specific and well-known pose of each character, allowing for a more faithful representation as well as a reasonable price! "

SerTapTap

Streak of bad luck continues, just got the news that my N3DS has the "bad screen" (there are two possible, one IPS and one TN, of course I got the TN one)

The TN ones don't have the scanline effect, so you got that going for you. I guess I have to check mine...I'll be annoyed either way. But yeah it's pretty ridiculous. The colors aren't calibrated either.

The TN ones don't have the scanline effect, so you got that going for you. I guess I have to check mine...I'll be annoyed either way. But yeah it's pretty ridiculous. The colors aren't calibrated either.

Yeah I heard about the scanline. I can clearly see the lines in mine though, the problem is the flickering, right? That I don't think I have, need to check.

How do you find this out? Is this for old 3DS or the New 3DS?

New 3DS XL, see this thread.

SerTapTap

You mean there are non-botched c sticks? My Majora's Mask LE just has some improperly machined plastic so some of the edges are rough. I think everything else is...well, not fine, but the best that could be expected out of a New 3DS

Femto.

My black N3DS is great. No problems so far. I heard that the special editions were prone to issues though. The zelda and monster hunter one.
What kind of issues?

I haven't noticed anything on my Zelda one.

Edit:
According to that post I have type A, fortunate but I now notice the scan lines lol I would have been pissed if I got type B

It's shady of Nintendo to be using another panel that is cheaper to produce but hinders the improved 3D and washes out the colors.

SerTapTap

er...so wait. Are the Majora's Mask LE affected by this?

Probably? They seem to have gone cheap the whole way through. I'll check mine tonight I guess. It's possible the LEs are all the same batch and thus are all the same screen type

edit: wondering if I should get this. $50, which seems about the lowest I can get for new. High for a prize fig, but it's sakura, and reviews seem positive except for the base
41fTp9kso3L.jpg

For all you Saber fans

Jesus FUCK, Alter... Another Saber?

Sooooo.... Ami cancellations - is it just a case of using the 'contact us' option on the site, providing them with the order reference and a sob story?

Sure.

Kier of the dead pushed back until December don't have another flexpay payment until July. At least there projections are getting better, guess after all the delays Queeny had they want to stay on top of these to cut down on complaints...

PF's are fucking expensive.

So I just looked at my Snow Miku Figma.

Holy crap Figmas are TINY! Wow. They're REALLY small.

Thus why I don't buy them.

Fucking Nintendo. The fact that they still have fans goes to show how much fucking abuse people will accept.

I just contacted AmiAmi, hopefully my master plan will work.

I doubt it, though.

What are you trying to do?

edit: wondering if I should get this. $50, which seems about the lowest I can get for new. High for a prize fig, but it's sakura, and reviews seem positive except for the base

Neato. Is that a prize figure or something?

Finally got him.

That'd be awesome if he was functional.

SerTapTap

But it's only 9 and ½ inches for $89. Plus it looks like the base consists solely of giant hemorrhoids.

Why is her head flying off the bloody explosion that used to be her body?

Fucking Nintendo. The fact that they still have fans goes to show how much fucking abuse people will accept.

I'm not sure why I bother sometimes. Especially when my opinion of the 3DS' library seems significantly lower than most

Einbroch

Banned
It's not a bad plan. The downside is that if AmiAmi puts up something you neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed, and you have to pester one of us to buy it for you then try to convince us to do it for zero profit.

He's gonna ask for some lewd figure and I'm gonna preorder a Nendo instead.

He'll like Nendos, dammit.

It's not a bad plan. The downside is that if AmiAmi puts up something you neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed, and you have to pester one of us to buy it for you then try to convince us to do it for zero profit.

Nah, I would probably wait, I don't like to ask for favors. I save that for when I really need help.

He's gonna ask for some lewd figure and I'm gonna preorder a Nendo instead.

He'll like Nendos, dammit.

Over my dead wallet body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom